CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Always on dislplay option on iOS app (preventing lock)

As the title says i would like to see an option in the app to prevent the display to lock.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. start before signing in windows

It would be nice if cam could start before login to windows.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CPU fan curve customization very limited

The preset fan curves for X42 in CAM are very limited. There is little to no modification allowed to them. It would be nice to see more flexibility in modifying these as currently, you only have access to changing CPU fan inbetween 25 and 75 degrees! what is that?

This is very limiting and is rather poor in my view. Having spent cash on additional fans it would be nice to harness the extra power they have with a more flexible fan curve(s).

If there is something i can do or if there is something i'm missing please tell me.…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CAM Software - Support for Corsair RMi PSUs

The logging feature is awesome but my Corsair RM650i is not shown there. It would be great if Corsair PSUs with Corsair Link will be supported in the future - HWMonitor can access the values from the PSU so it should be possible to read these values.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integrated GPU support

Simple request, can iGPU support be reconsidered now that DirectX12 is supported and they're pretty powerful now? There must be tons of people playing indie or mainstream games like LOL/HOTS/Counterstrike on these laptops these days that would love CAM support, I know I do! :)

There was another rejected request about this around june 2015 with a note saying they'd reconsider once DirectX12 was support. The future is now!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Solve the "Voltage" ambiguity under "CPU STATUS"

In the advanced dashboard under CPU status, the "Voltage" should show the VCore voltage (actual voltage the CPU receives) and not the VID ("suggested voltage" by manufacturer for this CPU state).

Or it should be renamed to "Voltage target" to avoid confusion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hue+ program link

It would be awesome if there was a way to link programs to the different profiles on hue+. That way when you open up spotify or whatever music player it switches to an audio profile or have different color profiles for different games and so on.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Folder Mounted Drives

Folder mounted drives don't show up in the dashboard. I'd like to be able to monitor how much space is left on my Games drive (Mounted to C:\Games), but the drive list on the dashboard only shows drives mounted on the top level (C, D, E...).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Rename Temperature feature.

Rename Temperature feature. Tempereature 1 and 2 are Cpu socket and Motherboard in the case of my system, would be good to have it display this, so I can show it in expanded or in advanced a description that would then show me or a viewer who doesn't know when viewing the snapshots, the gpu, socket, mobo and core temp(x61 cooling plate)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Minimise to tray option that unloads GUI and reduces resource useage

At the moment you can minimise the app, but the GUI is still loaded into memory and using resources. This can be verified by hovering your mouse over the taskbar and seeing the small thumbnail of the GUI.

It would be useful to be able to minimise to tray so that there's no GUI loaded in memory at all. This would be useful for users who use tha app in a headless configuration to view on a smartphone or just in-game.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Think I found out why CAM has been refusing to open after restarting/shutting down PC (For me atleast, hopefully this helps others aswell)

If CAM would open after a clean install but would refuse to open after PC had restart or shutdown (or would just refuse to open eventually) then hopefully this will help you.

After trying to reinstall multiple times, trying all the suggestions from the admins and banging my head against my desk for a while, it turns out the problem was my actual CAM account...
    After a fresh install of CAM and creating a fresh account with a secondary email CAM is working fine.

The exact steps I to are...

1. Uninstall CAM (again!!!)
    2. Restart PC
    3. Download the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CAM ideas

Add fan curve editor for both kraken and grid+ that's similar to MSI Afterburner. Allow pump speed control for kraken x61, x41, and x31. Editor to allow users to create their own lighting effects for hue+. Add separate FX per led strip, per channel. Rename Wave light effect to Knight Rider (lol, couldn't help myself). Use msi afterburner as inspiration to create a much more complex overlooking tool. In app feedback and bug report. DirectX12 overlay support. Cpu overclocking tool. Preset static pressure and airflow setting for kraken (and maybe grid+) for people who use one type of fan or…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mini CAM settings

I just got this and it is very useful so far! I would however like to be able to customize what the "Mini CAM" shows. For example my concern is more with the load than the temperature so if I could switch it to show that large and the temperature small that would be great! And I'm sure it would be helpful in other ways too if you could say "these three are most important to me show it in mini cam" or whatever.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have an audio mode that splits from the middle and pulses outward

So it would kinda work like the sync mode, only it would reverse in direction halfway through. So at say 1/4 volume/intensity with 4 strips it would look something like this

..........|.....-----|-----.....|.....

or with 2 strips it would be like this:

.......---|---.......

( . being off, - being on and | being the break between strips)

this would work especially well for those of us who use the Hue strips on our desks as currently the lighting is kinda lopsided when I use audio mode unless it's at full intensity (my monitor sits right between strip 2 and 3 out…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Modifitation réglage ventilation gpu

En faite j'utilise votre logiciel pour OC ma gtx 1080. Ça fonctionne bien pour le moment. Il y a aussi un réglage de la courbe de ventilation et la c'est problématique.

Je m'explique. Quand on créer un nouveau profil de ventilation
    On peux faire le mode zéro rpm jusqu'à 30, 40, 50 degrés comme on veux. Le problème c'est que ensuite dès qu'on veux que le ventilateur démarre. On ne peux pas le faire démarrer directement à 30 % admettons. Il va démarrer à admettons 40° à 1% jusqu'à 45° 40% ce qui provoque des arrêts et démarrage en boucle…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download

Please Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download.

It would be useful to have a stand-alone module to control Hue+ in order to eliminate the need for the CAM interface to the hardware in situations where users already run other software for OC and tweeking. It should also have a "refresh and detect hardware" button/option built in so that Hue+ devices could be scanned for on the PC and a connection could be re-established. CAM only shows the Hue+ when the software detects the device, and so there is no way to scan for…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add tie in with Razer Chroma SDK for Hue+

I see there was an idea a few months ago for this that is marked completed. Being that you guys have teamed up with Razer for 2 cases (both of which I own) I would love to be able to sync up my Hue + with my Razer gear and since they have their SDK open I would think it should be possible. Any updates on this?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cam tablet/iPad app

How about making a dedicated cam app for iPad with intergrated fps etc stream display. I'm not talking bou the normal cam mobile app that can be used on the iPad.. I have an iPad Pro 12.9" and it would be awesome to have a 2nd display with all the Controls via the app. Thanks and keep up the good work as usual.. cheers

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base