CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add "Load Avanced Dashboard on Startup" option

I'd like to either see 1) min/max temp for CPU and GPU in the Basic dashboard, or have the option to load the Advanced dashboard on system startup so we don't have to open it every time the app loads to monitor temp history.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a broader spectrum of supported hardware

I am running an MSI GL62 laptop, until my desktop is back up and running. My issue is that CAM does not seem to be reading the CPU or GPU fan data.

Exact model of the MSI board: Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MS-16J5 (U3E1)

There needs to be support for sensor data from not just desktops, but laptops as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. NO FUNCIONA CON ESTEAM

DESPUES DE SEGUIR VUESTRO CONSEJO E CONSEGUIDO QUE FPS OVERLAY FUNCIONA CON ORIGIN PERO NO CON ESTEAM ME GUSTARIA QUE FUNCIONARA CON LAS DOS PLATAFORMAS GRACIAS

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GRIDv2 The number of profiles is too small!

Currently only three profiles can be made.
    It is inconvenient if you can not create at least 6 profiles.
    Please take measures.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Shutdown, restart, I want the speed of FAN to be 100% when I exit CAM

I think that it is very dangerous because the speed of FAN will not change when "Shutdown", "Restart", "Logout", "Exit CAM", "Freeze PC". If GRIDv2 can not receive the signal from the PC for a certain period of time, please fix the speed of FAN to 100%. Also, I want the speed of FAN to be 100% even when USB comes out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CPU and/or GPU value

I have been able to set my fan-curves and all that, but would love it more if I could set the curves to be active on both the GPU and the CPU. Today, I can only choose one, but my needs is that when either one hits a limit, I would like the fan to start. Even better would be if I could choose between an "and/or" setting when combining the CPU and the GPU.
    Use case: I have set my fan 0% all the way up to 60 degree. For 65 degree I start the fan. I would like…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Finer lighting effect speed control for the Kraken Xx2 series of AIOs.

The speed intervals is to minimal and has a large gap in between speeds. I would like a percent or 1-100 number speed control so that I can have finer control over how fast the effects happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Some things CAM should not do

So I have updated CAM from 3.1.71 to the latest version 3.3.5. From the start I notice that it overrides the GPU fan curve (I did NOT agree to anything in the overclocking/tuning tab). My GPU has a great fan curve programmed in it already, so I found it kind of annoying CAM would take control. I tried for a few minutes to see if I can disable that, but I couldn't figure it out. I have reverted back to 3.1.71, since it's the most stable version I have ever had. I also had some issue with settings being saved,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Smaller flat package for HUE Plus, with a twist!

A flat RGB package just for HUE Controller make it to fit in 2.5 inch SSD tray. With it having its own RGB internals in the logo letters like a flashing do anything mo dual. Its own package with full RGB controller package. And same controls as CAM software. If you see the package and can be controllable by the customer wishes or even alone it bring attention to the unit instead of a hidden box that has a steady light.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rainbow audio on HUE+

Add an option for the HUE+ that combines the spectrum wave and the audio level/bass(it's like the normal spectrum wave but it lights up, it gets darker/brighter/slower/faster depending on the bass or on the music level).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import and export settings in CAM

We need a way to export our settings in CAM, and also ofcourse a way to import them later on. This was last suggested in 2015...
    Save settings to a file, which then can be stored and later imported and alter the settings stored on that file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Contribution

Greedings,
    I believe that CAM is a great software. I'm using it myself for managing my AIO NZXT Kraken x61 and it works well. But I have many problems with this software. When i Install it, it works well. But after like week or month of using it, it starts to lag or now, it doesn't even start. I'm always looking for newer versions and I read every changes you make on the app. I think it would be very great to make it open source and let other people to contribute and help you to fix these crashes and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. sizing of the window

i have a vertical monitor to show my emails and pc stats everythink fits perfekt because i can rezise them to what ever shape i want but cam not. cant you guys make it so i can rezite the window to wider? like in this screenshot https://gyazo.com/763491baa221d84ed0a9c2be9648fe10

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. cant fix Hue + in 3.3.4

I had purchased Nzxt Hue + & Aer RBG Fans bundle pack from amazon and when I get my Nzxt Hue + extension kit as well that I noticed that the Hue + stopped working after where it no longer showed up in the cam software while turning on my RBG fans cause when I did a uninstall and a reinstall 6 times while changing out the usb cable for a different one while installing the Hue + driver as well that nothing I tried work since all I get is nothing but white bright lights in my case where…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Settings default tab.

In The CAM software when you click settings make the default tab that opens FPS Overlay and fix overlay not working in many titles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove 40% minimum limit on the GPU fans.

Today I'm using msi afterburner with a fairly relaxed fan curve, because I use two Noctua NF-F12's as GPU fans. I would love to just use, the Cam software, but since Cam only lets me set my gpu fans to 40% minimum, that results in 1440 rpm (1500max) on my noctua fans.

Please remove this limitation, as it has nothing to do with the Grid limitations, and it's bound to the GPU. Afterburner has no issues with running my fans down to 1%.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi guys,
    We’re looking at removing the 40% restriction. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

18. React on USB device changes (Hue+)

The CAM software should listen for USB change system notifications and react on them (detect new device, e.g. Hue+, etc). Right now my Hue+ is not being detected automatically on system boot, and I have to manually unplug / plug it on the motherboard. But this is not detected by CAM, so I have to also shut down and restart it. CAM software should be smart enough to detect the change. This should work other way around, if I disconnect Hue+ it should disappear from CAM dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Storage notification sliders

Similar to how CAM will notify you when your CPU/GPU reaches a certain temperature (which can be set on a slider), the notifications for low storage should be able to be changed on a slider. What defines "low storage" varies from person to person, so we should be able to adjust that as we would like.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Smoother marquee

Is there any way to make effects like marquee smoother on slower speeds? At the moment it is just stepping, but would be nice if the effect was smoother so the preceding and trailing LED's fade rather than it doing a step. Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base