Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Create a simple clean version of CAM.

I would like to have the choice to download a lightweight and clean version of CAM software.Which only include ability to turn lights on/off, set pump/fan speed and be able to easy see the most important things like CPU, GPU temps on 4k screens and nothing more.

225 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • B4th commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recommending NOT to buy any Kraken product to anybody I know. This is just an insult to me.

I really thing this sofware is taking some information from our computers becaues it is a move from Kraken to force us to login everytime we turn on our computers. What I do not understand is why NZXT Kraken is recommended by different web reviewers, maybe the test very quickly without knowing the real thing that happens behind.

By the way, I preffer by far tu use RivaTunner rather than CAM, but I need to set color lights of the fan and IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE WITH THIS APP (WTF). I paid a lot of money for a "restrictive" driver?

I agree, and please, remove the logging process because I am tired of waiting this app.

So if I do not have internet at home I can not start CAM??

I also want to be sure that I can use my NZXT Kraken hardware in the future, in case CAM dissapear.

• C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just keep turning people away form NZXT products. I tell everyone I meet, nerds or not.

Buy NZXT with CAM
        Bend over and BAM

• Johnny Fire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i want it i need it i dream it...but nzxt never gonna make they give us this curshed app that need to be running to use our hardware.... rediculus.... called onboard ram with ability to save the settings in hardware level... look at corsair for example and learn for the shake of your customers me included

• djheromaster123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss the old CAM. You used to be able to control your Pump's speed separate from your fans. It was also working great for me for months. Ever since the latest update, my Kraken X61 has had a mind of its own. Both my pump and fans RPMs randomly fluctuate as they please.

• ROMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! The question of backfilling, weakly to make the music mode Bass, but with a multi color, and not as now the only one.
        Also, I'm asking you very much, do separate channel management, no matter which presets are installed. For example, to have the opportunity on the LED strips to set the music-bass mode, but at the same time on the fans, so that there is statics. In a word, give the possibility of a separate configuration of channels, so that the music mode on one channel, on the other, any other, please.
        DPC Latancy is growing very much, over 4000, it's problematic to play network action games with such a delay!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCLdmYFTqk&t=23s)
        Please make optional backlight illumination and enable / disable reading of diagnostic data, speed of coolers, temperatures, etc.
        Well, purely my IMHO, absolutely all the presets in the Music section are completely useless, except for the BASS mode.

• Lex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No automatic downloads. No automatic uploads. No sign ins. Not a "smart app". A "dumb app".

• Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What in the heck have they done to my ears. 39c on cpu fans at 100%. I dont need to overclock my GPU with my CPU cooler.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app"

Hahahaha. No.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the whole bloody point, I DO NOT WANT AN APP, I just want a driver with a gui. !!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop adding "features"! This has become bloatware and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone... Keep it simple, and focus on make it easy to use and powerful. Think simple and sexy, not everything AND the kitchen sink.

• walrus314 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app"

Hahahaha. No.

After waiting 2 years now, (many have waited longer) I strongly believe that NZXT is ignorant. They will not ever supply an application that is only to control their hardware.

Basically if I had known that they do not supply clean drivers and control software, I never would have bought their products. I will learn from my mistake, (wish NZXT did . . . )

NZXT should stick to hardware only products, i.e. cases.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I highly doubt they would do this. NZXT wants to milk all that telemetry data for $$$

I learned my lesson and this Kraken X61 will be the last NZXT product I ever buy.

• Mark Sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A clean and simple version of CAM should be control of LED lights and control of the AIOs for fans, pumps and lights. No more than this! CPU, and GPU temps are already something your GPU OC tool can do (MSI AB, EVGA Pxoc, Galax Xtreme Tuner, etc) . We don't need additional bloatware anymore.

Similar requests have previously been made by many customers many times including current requests listed in the ideas section but have been previously rejected by NZXT :(

Email I received from NZXT:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An idea you supported has been closed. Thank you for your feedback.

Give feedback on other ideas to help us decide what to build next.

votes
        completed

make a minimal version

(No Status) → Completed

Our goal for CAM is to unify a lot of the PC monitoring/tuning functions into one app. We realize that this is a very aggressive goal but it is something we believe in very much. It is true that up to this point we have not done a good job in certain areas, but we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I for one use the oldest version I could find in offline mode and firewalled to minimise the potential faults.

I would be very happy if NZXT took the common sense approach and created an installer that allowed customers to choose what functions (modules) to install but I feel this will never happen.

good luck . . .

Feedback and Knowledge Base