Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

New CAM not as good as the old version.

Looks aside, this new CAM redesign leaves much to be desired. Please bring back the ability to see multiple GPU's on the dashboard and bring back the HUE and cooling options on the dashboard. Having to fish through menus to change HUE/Fan settings is much less intuitive than the previous version. Honestly wish I never upgraded it.

478 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  fan.ding responded  · 

We are looking into bringing back the quick controls to lighting and cooling on the dashboard. It’ll replace the HDD section. What do you guys think?

59 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new design has broken features as well. I am currently unable to set my AER+ fan lights or the strips. All my lighting profiles have been deleted as well which has been incredibly frustrating. I don't even bother to use the app anymore because I see it as worthless.

• Govert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the new design is confusing and unclear and i don't like the fact that you're stuck with the blue-ish color now instead of the banner. Also, some options have been removed. For instance, i can no longer find the option to select whether my Kraken reacts to the temperature of the liquid or the temperature of the CPU or GPU. Furthermore, changing cooling profiles is a lot more tedious now, and counter-intuitive. Additionaly, te option to see the top RAM demanding apps/programs is nowhere to be found as well.
    However, i do like the fact that the clock speeds are visible now on the main page, together with a more logical location of the fan speeds.
    I wish i hadn't updated...

• Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to download the previous version somewhere? This new update is really a downgrade on usability and access to information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it hurts my eys to look at the new one just cant get any color combo t not hurt bring back old layout and colors

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant find it, and its VERY useful to me, as is I have to close CAM, wait for it to reload, then I have to maximize it on my secondary display (1080P which carries over to cover half my primary display (1440UW) and launch a game, then hit the windows key, then go back to full screen, for it to fit the 1080 secondary screen.....and that's still kinda jacked....so far this update is pre alpha quality to me....in no way is this fit for full release....

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The last version allowed us to reset min/max data on the fullscreen dashboard. Why was this feature removed?

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this version sucks. I could see more on screen with the older version and had better control what i did see. Honestly nzxt what were you thinking. Had to uninstall to use different software. Cam was something I really liked and praised you about till now........

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Like the old version better. pump,fan speed and temp on mini cam. Easier to read interface.

• Alienmoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With respects to the GUI on the new updated cam software, I do like the flat look, however, in the cooling section, the edge of the textures have been cut off, It looks unprofessional and it makes me want to try adjusting it to show,...Oh, wait, it's not a responsive interface?

Will the textures edges be fixed?

• Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Latest Version of Cam is a backward Step

Often hangs on loading screen

I Tried to go Back to the previous version but the box to stop asking me to upgrade to the new version will not go away even if you tick skip this version

Changing the lighting option for HUE+ is now a pain having to switch screens every time
    Sync Mode does not allow much Customization and is also buggy try setting Spectrum Wave Direction Backward Fails to Apply

Interface Accent Colour Editor Typing Values for RGB also Fails to Apply

• Aaron Bielz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish I hadn't updated. This mess is buggy and will only run in WinX 32bit for some reason, and keeps randomly resetting my Hue+ profile. Setting profile and uninstalling.

• Ivan Gustavo Flores Molina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please bring back minute, hour and day monitoring, i personally think it was one of the most useful things to check for troubleshooting and general performance. cheers!

• The_Devin_G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new design looks awful. The only useful part about it is the side buttons, which is, kind of convenient.
    I have to dig everywhere just to find settings now, it's not near as intuitive as it used to be. I cant customize my Cam background, and my chosen color doesn't really change much at all.
    Basically, the new version looks like an app in progress, rather than a polished product like the former Cam design was.

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don't like the new redesign too looks terrible compared to the older one wish i didn't let it update and checked what changed

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want an older version of cam I can sent it to you. I couldn't use the new version either.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base