CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Make a Mac Compatible Version

Make a Mac Compatible Version - I think that as the Hackintosh community gets even bigger, more and more people would want this implemented, I for one know I would. A lot of people rightly or wrongly are using OSX as well as Windows on their PC and would love to be able to monitor temps while rendering video/change hue settings etc.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  fan.ding responded

We have also had a lot of Linux users who have asked for a compatible CAM version. Our primary user base is still Windows and due to resource constraints we are still focused on that platform. We would love to support more OS’s but it’s not something that’ll happen in the near future.

2. Show water temp and pump speed again!

The initial new CAM software vr 3.5.10 does not show the the water temp and pump speed on initial window and mini window like the old ver software did - please add option to show water temp/pump info instead of hard drive info as an example - or just add the temp/speed gauges!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking into removing the HDD section and bringing back the quick controls for Kraken. Thank you for letting us know that this feature is important to you.

3. Why speed fans 100% after 75/80°c?

When cpu or gpu temp hits 75/80 degrees it forces all the fans to 100%. Why? It's possible to allow us to set a max speed for fans to never reach 100% please? Because when CPU start to up is temp, it reachs the limit of 75/80 before cpu fans start to lower is temp. It tooks only few seconds but grid+ v2 starts immediatly to set fans to 100%!
    Please allow us to disable this 100% speed fan automaticaly applyed.
    Thanks a lot.
    (Sorry for my bad english.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  harry.nong responded

Hello,

We will look into this but will most likely not do it because it is more for safety why they are running at 100% when it goes over 75C.

4. How about email sign-in on web page?

You can create an email sign-in on the web page, or sign in with F or G+,
    but no option to sign in with existing email account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

The reason why it does not allow email sign in is because that page is mainly used for new users to download the program CAM.

Thanks!

5. CAM software overlay crashes Rise of the Tomb Raider while using DirectX 12

CAM software uses an overlay that crashes Rise of the Tomb Raider if the game is configured to use DirectX 12. A few seconds of the game loading will show a black screen and credits followed by the crash. (DirectX 11 does not have this issue)

Disabling CAM Overlay or stopping CAM software allows the game to proceed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ian,
    We are working on DirectX 12 support. In the meantime, we will add a feature that disables the overlay so at least it doesn’t crash your game.

6. HUE+?

I installed CAM and I have my Hue+ all hooked up and the lights are working but on CAM it doesnt give me a tab to use the HUE+

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

The controls for the Hue+ should be under the tuning tab.

Thanks!

7. HUE+ Sync with razer synapse and chroma gear.

Have HUE+ Option to tie into the chroma SDK and sync itself to what the Razer devices are set to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jim,
    This is a great suggestion and we will take it into consideration.

8. Offline mode

I want an Offline mode of this program, just so that my kraken works if internet is broken for a moment.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,
    This feature already exists. If you don’t have an internet connection, just use the guest mode at the bottom of the login screen.

9. Email Notifiction

Ability to email notifications. Right now if you are not sitting in front of your computer when you have a problem you won't see it. It would be very helpful if CAM could email you when there is a problem.

On a similar note the notifications on the iOS are pretty much useless as if you don't have the program open you won't actually get notified...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen,
    Thanks for the suggestion. We can send emails but we were afraid that it would be spamming. As for the iOS notifications, we are working on integrating them into the iOS native notifications so you don’t need to have CAM open as the top app layer.

10. CAM 3.6.6 auto start not working!!

CAM 3.6.6 auto start does not working!!
    (and interface color change too bugged)
    All 3.6.xx + version have lot of different bug!!

I will stay 3.5.90 it works normally!!!!!!!!!44444!!!!!!!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Kraken to use smart lighting based on liquid temperature rather than cpu or gpu temp

Allow smart lighting for Kraken x62 to be temperature based on liquid temp rather than just CPU or GPU.The liquid temps are much more stable and give me a better "average" of cpu temps to monitor right on the pump. Also, since the 3.6.1 build rolled out, it wiped my settings and I'm no longer able to find where the liquid temperature is even listed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I will pass your suggestion to the development team, however, I can not give you an answer concerning if this will be added or not. All I can do is pass it forward and let them decide from there.

12. Make running CAM on a standard user account possible!

Hello people here and, hopefully, CAM developers!
    In my computer I have implemented the setup of using two user accounts: administrator and standard as a default for every-day use, everything from security purposes. However, some applications cannot open with standard user permissions, and the same thing is with newer versions of CAM. I mainly use this software for customizing my Hue+ device. And an annoying thing about this is that it doesn't open automatically after system start (or just after running the application) on a standard user account, but I have to manually open CAM as an administrator to make…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon Ashtaroth, I am sorry but the devs inform me that we can not have CAM running without admin privileges since it requires administrative privileges in order to be able to control the hardware.

13. Cam Color Scheme

Ability the Change the Color of CAM the main window has a blue color and doesn't match at all with my wallpaper and PC color setup. if i could change this to a dark black or Grey (or any color) it would look much cleaner to me...thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, if you go to settings, under the “General” tab, you will see a Interface Accent Color selector which has a color picker so you can designate the color of your preference.

14. Option to change the CAM size (Not the mini mode)

I would love to put the CAM running on my little 4inch screen on my pc so that I can monitor my temperatures by just looking at my pc. I cant make it so that it fit the 4inch screen since you can't change the size of CAM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, right now there is no option to change the size more than the mini mode. But I could suggest downloading the CAM mobile app, you can monitor your PC’s temperatures in the app.

15. New Selection Method Does Not Work Well in Cooling Tab

First of all, kudos fixing the new version issue with 3.5.2. It works fine now.

However I don't quite get why the multiple selection is implemented in the Cooling tab tho. I have to deselect one to select another, which is a hassle for no good reason as I cannot edit multiple fan and pump curves together anyways. And the tick box is so small that I have to sharpen my focus to click it...maybe make the entire bar clickable at least or just get rid of the multiple selection?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Version 3.6 removed the ability to see pump speed and liquid temperature. Please put it back! :-)

Version 3.6 removed the ability to see pump speed and liquid temperature. Please put it back! :-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you for this suggestion. I will pass it along to the development team to see if they can implement this in future updates.

18. h500i

In the compatibility list of the CAM software it told that its compatible with the H700i, 400i, 300i, but the H500i wasnt listed on there. Is the H500i compatible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cam 3.5 is not working after update on 04/10/2017.

Cam 3.5 is not working after update will not open in Win10 64bits. I like it a lot; It helps me monitor in Game play. Will re-download & Re-install.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are still having issues please submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com and attached your error logs.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM ErrorLog-ClientSide.xml & C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs
    Click on “Contact Support” on the right and title as “CAM not starting after Creators Update”

20. Hue+ Open-Source Developer API

It's been a couple years since i've purchased my Hue+ and I'm still wishing for features you haven't been able to implement.

If you opened up a developer API so people could make their own Hue+ features it would be like taking care of multiple birds with a single stone.

Let the community help develop the features we want! :D Give us an API! Ideally on github so we can post issues and pull requests.

^_^

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the suggestion! We have been thinking about developing an API for some time now. It’s just a matter of time and resources.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base