CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. make a minimal version

Please give us a minimal version which doesn't have all the frills and consequently starts quickly and is more stable. CAM takes ages to load, which for what it is seems ridiculous.

I'd like a Minimal version that just does CPU temp and fan speed monitoring and allows for customizing cooler preferences.
    No FSP overlay (that's a job for graphics cards related software)
    No HDD monitoring (especially as unless you uncheck HDD it won't let your drives spin down)
    No need to sign in and absolutely zero net activity from CAM.
    No GPU tuning.
    Just a minimal, fast and reliable…

769 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    35 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  fan.ding responded

Our goal for CAM is to unify a lot of the PC monitoring/tuning functions into one app. We realize that this is a very aggressive goal but it is something we believe in very much. It is true that up to this point we have not done a good job in certain areas, but we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app.

2. Allow control of motherboard fans

It would be great if we could control the fans plugged into the motherboard just as we can with Grid / Grid+ . I hate having to use other programs in addition to CAM and wish I could use solely CAM since it has a superior GUI.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys,
    We are looking into building this feature into CAM. It’s possible but it may not be compatible with all motherboards due to the different protocols they have for the fan ports. Thank you for the suggestion and stay tuned to our blog for updates on this feature.

3. Hysteresis style temperature control

I'd like to propose an optimization concerning the fan speed control characteristics.
    In the current CAM version (as of 2015-11-22) fan speed changes up and down at exactly the set threshold value. That leads to annoying fan speed oscillation at times:
    Temperature rises above threshold --> fan speed is increased --> temperature drops below threshold (due to higher airflow) --> fan speed is reduced --> temperature rises above threshold (due to reduced airflow).... you get the idea.
    If a particular threshold is used to switch off the fan entirely, the problem gets more serious.

My idea is to implement a…

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,
    We are reviewing the hysteresis function as we’ve gotten reports that the feature is not working properly. Look for an update soon.

4. NZXT or the developers of CAM software need to hire more capable programmers to get CAM working GOOD.

NZXT or the developers of CAM software need to hire more capable programmers to get CAM working GOOD.
    Software like this can NOT be so buggy, it needs to perform flawlessly.
    Otherwise people are risking DAMAGE their (probably expensive) hardware, and that is UNACCEPTABLE for me.
    So, step up and fix the mayor issues in CAM, or I'm returing all of my NZXT hardware and switching to a more reliable brand of hardware.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,
    We agree with all the statements here. We are hiring aggressively for more senior talent to join the CAM team.

5. Individual fan settings?

I read in a review that it is impossible to set the fan percentage for each fan individually? That it is only possible to set one custom fan setting percentage and that setting is then used by all fans? This is especially annoying using the Grid+.

Please either consider implementing individual fan settings, or please explain why this design decision was made since it makes no sense to me.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately this is a hardware limitation on the current GRID+. We are working on a new one though with independent fan controls.

6. Control Kraken fans by CPU Temp rather than by Liquid temp

In my Source 530 Case with x61 mounted in the roof, for me personally it would be beneficial to have the kraken fans spin up as CPU temp goes up rather than liquid temp as the liquid temp rarely rises above 30degress but the CPU temp can reach 65/70degrees. But if I manually set the fans to 40% or above the CPU rarely reaches 55degrees. Therefore it seems beneficial to have higher fan/pump speeds.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,
    We have completed this feature and it is now in version 2.1.3. Please check your CAM for an update.

7. Issues witch the Version V3.1.43

Hi, I installed the new one version V3.1.4 today (29.07.16) and after the Installation, the program does not work more. I use a Zotac GTX 980 Ti card and before with the version V3.1.2 all works finely!! The program try to start but nothings happens. that is like as the program was not installed. I reinstalled the Cam but is the same issue.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue should be resolved by now. Please post a bug report if you are still having problems.

8. LED color matches temperature

How about changing the led color depending on the temperature. We could use blue for 30 degrees, green for 35, yellow for 40, orange for 45 and red for 50 or more! We will be able to check our temps without opening the UI.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is available in the new Kraken X series (X42, X52, X62).

9. Please! Please make it so that you can set the fans in grid all the way to 0%.

It would be really awsome if you could set fans to 0% (which is off) in the Grid+.

There is no need for case fans when cpu and gpus are at 10% load at maximum. Thats how it it for me anyway.

Case fans on only while gaming or other heavy load would be awesome.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cam 3.5 is not working after update on 04/10/2017.

Cam 3.5 is not working after update will not open in Win10 64bits. I like it a lot; It helps me monitor in Game play. Will re-download & Re-install.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are still having issues please submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com and attached your error logs.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM ErrorLog-ClientSide.xml & C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs
    Click on “Contact Support” on the right and title as “CAM not starting after Creators Update”

11. The ability to resize the window larger than its current max size.

I have more than 4 cpu cores. I would like to see them on the advanced tab without having to scroll through my cores.

I do not know why the main app window has a max horizontal, or even vertical, size. I've looked through almost all the xml/config files. PageSaving seems like it contains an offline size save, however, this still will not grow my window beyond its max size. It seems like this max_size is baked into the build.

I'd even provide a fix for you, or for my personal use, if you supplied me with the source ;…

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We support up to 8 cores now with CAM 3.5. We hope you like it! Unfortunately we cannot allow resizing at the moment but we’re definitely thinking about it for future CAM versions.

12. RGB LED strip (such as the HUE) entirely controlled by CAM

I like the idea of the HUE but I have the lovely H440 case without a 5.25 bay. Considering you have this function on the Kraken coolers, it seems a no-brainer to ditch the hardware control and integrate it entirely into CAM

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make a Mac Compatible Version

Make a Mac Compatible Version - I think that as the Hackintosh community gets even bigger, more and more people would want this implemented, I for one know I would. A lot of people rightly or wrongly are using OSX as well as Windows on their PC and would love to be able to monitor temps while rendering video/change hue settings etc.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have also had a lot of Linux users who have asked for a compatible CAM version. Our primary user base is still Windows and due to resource constraints we are still focused on that platform. We would love to support more OS’s but it’s not something that’ll happen in the near future.

14. Increase fan speed range in GRID+

I want to set fan speed to 20% or even _turn them off_ then my CPU/GPU is idle and their temps is stable low

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to turn of LED during sleep or shutdown

I would like to see an option to have the led turn off during sleep or when I shut down. My keyboard and mouse have options to do this. I don't like having to turn the color off manually and then turn it back on when I start the pc.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re referring to the HUE+, this feature is completed. If you’re referring to the Kraken, unfortunately we do not have any way of turning the LED off as that is set by the manufacturer in the BIOS.

16. Breathing LED on x61

It'd be great to be able to make the LED "breath" across the entire RGB range instead of simply blinking between 2 colours. Also maybe breathing speed dependent on CPU temps/utilization or water temp.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. account problem login

Please solve problem with new account login page of google, at the moment also facebook page have got problem, tried to reinstall software for 6 time with no succes, is about 2 weeks i'm using offline mode

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CAM remember position

If CAM & CAM Mini is being launched from start up, can it load into the last known position on the screen? I usually drag it by my widgets and stickies. I find it annoying to drag it there every time I turn on my computer from the center of the screen.

Thanks!!

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop fans if not needed

Make it possible to turn of some or all fans. just make a gap between 0% and 40%

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories