CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. RGB LED strip (such as the HUE) entirely controlled by CAM

I like the idea of the HUE but I have the lovely H440 case without a 5.25 bay. Considering you have this function on the Kraken coolers, it seems a no-brainer to ditch the hardware control and integrate it entirely into CAM

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This is a idea for PHANTOM 820 & SWITCH 810 witch is one of the BEST CASES ever.

THIS is my idea for the PHANTOM 820 or even the SWITCH 810 witch i think is one of the BEST CASES out there. Too have it made wider and tall for better water cooling. Something like 12'' wide and 30'' tall and 30'' long. YES.... That would be perfect for water cooling, WOW a BEAST. OH and leave the 5.25 bays maybe add just one more for like a dual bay reservoir. AND YES WE STILL USE THE BLUE RAY PLAYERS.PLZ think about it. AND COME ON GUYS & GALS VOTE. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK. THE BEAST 830.......

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  fan.ding responded

This is the feedback forum for CAM but I will take these suggestions to the team that works on those cases.

4. Add option to switch which temp is read for CPU.

The thermal sensors on my Cpu are bad, I'd much rather have Cam report the socket temperature as it's going to be more accurate for me than the package temp. If you could add a switch to let me choose witch temp is read for CPU that would be appreciated greatly. I keep getting notifications my CPU has reach 100+ C, when it's really only getting up to about 60c.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. White FAN Control

I love the H Series! Especially the white H630 and the white H440. It would be nice if you have also a white FAN control. The Sentry Mix 2 in white should look very clear. I know that the numbers of Sentry Mix 2 can be set to white. So perhaps they need a very thin black border, but I didn't have enough imagine-power for this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More 0x5.25" cases

I love the H Series! Especially the white H630 and the white H440. The idea to leave the 5.25" slots is so nice! A real pity that I had to use the H630 for NAS because of the high number of 3.5" slots. It would be nice if you have a 8 * 3.5" + 0 * 5.25" case.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Increase fan speed range in GRID+

I want to set fan speed to 20% or even _turn them off_ then my CPU/GPU is idle and their temps is stable low

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Temperature logs

It would be fantastic if I could export the temperatures into a csv or txt file. The data's there, why not be able to use it the way you want to?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Some ideas.

1. Allow the range of fan speed go all the way from 0% to 100%. When idling in windows I basically just need my fants for cpu radioator and gpu turning.

2. GPU fans are turning up autmatically as they get hotter. Please fix this.

3. Add cpu voltage reports. Please add.

4. Allow cam to control lightning inside the computer if you have HUE. And an option to make it be blue when cold in computer and more red as it gets hotter.

5. On one kraken I have liquid temps of 28 and its displayed in orange. While…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Individual fan settings?

I read in a review that it is impossible to set the fan percentage for each fan individually? That it is only possible to set one custom fan setting percentage and that setting is then used by all fans? This is especially annoying using the Grid+.

Please either consider implementing individual fan settings, or please explain why this design decision was made since it makes no sense to me.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  fan.ding responded

Unfortunately this is a hardware limitation on the current GRID+. We are working on a new one though with independent fan controls.

11. Custom fan profile based on GPU temperatures for Grid+

I got my Grid+ and it works! but I wish it the custom fan speed profile could be set based on GPU temperature as well. The fans I have cools GPUs radiators. Hope you guys will make it happen. Kudos for the CAM and CAM-operated devices!

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I know that there is less than 10% of the space on my harddrive, LET ME TURN OFF THE CONSTANT NOTIFICATIONS FOR IT.

Why is there a recurring notification for this anyways? It should happen once, when the drive drops below a certain percentage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. NZXT CAM for the GRID?

The NZXT CAM software is looking surprisingly good for the couple hours I had with it. After having a nice conversation with great customer support, I was shown to this page. So, while I'm waiting for the answer to my question, I've decided to post my idea/question here.

I currently own the NZXT Grid (not the Grid+), and none of the fans I have in it are controllable through software (or anything else from what I've checked). I understand the Grid+ is controllable with CAM, but I was told that it is possible it could be a feature/done.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set fan speed to 100% at system starts

It's necessary for fans that can't start working at low power

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When using the Kraken fan control have an APPLY button instead of constantly switching the fan settings

It seems to be rather annoying that the fan settings constantly change when selecting between custom, performance, silent, manual. If I want to view each fan setting I don't want it to automatically apply it just because I'm looking at it. Maybe having an "Apply" button to apply the setting before swapping to would be better.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CPU/GPU temperatures on taskbar notification area

Similar to the way core temp can display the temperature of the cpu on the taskbar

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would like to see faster refresh rate on the heat and load

I like real time temps and loads with second refresh rates.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Clearing Notification give a new notification.

When you manually clear notification you are then presented with a notification telling you that you have cleared notifications. Kind of counter-productive.
    You can maybe try making the cleared notification message a temporary message and not a persistent message that stays on the board.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change color for background. The Yellow colors are very hard to read on a white background.

Perhaps investigate how to increase contrast between color of font and background for user to read temps easier.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide Public IP

Please either remove the public IP or allow it bo be optional or more secure. Private IP makes sense to have it but a public IP right in the front of the app is a bit too extreme. Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base