CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Support for third brand fans! Be quiet silent wings 3 high speed 140 mm pwm fan.

When I trying to connect my new be quiet silent wings 3 high speed 140 mm pwm fan to my Kraken x42 I can't get it working properly. Problem is as long Cam software showing fan speed procentage 25 - 50% my fan won't start spinning and cam showing also fan speed 0 rpm. Problem diapering when I plug in origin kraken fan to second port on kraken fan splitter. Can you help please?
    Ps
    My be quiet fan working without issue when connected to motherboard instead to kraken.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fluctuate

My CPU temperature spikes and dips by over 10°C and keeps fluctuating whenever I open CAM software. When it is minimized, the CPU temps are normal and lie around 36.

I have a Ryzen 7 1700 stock, with Kraken X62 and am using CAM v.3.5.0.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Tab unable to add more colors and Wave Mode doesnt work

Please fix the Custom Tab. I cannot add more colors and the wave mode doesnt work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CAM 3.5.3 color picking in Hue+ menu is broken + cannot use the smartphone app

Whenever i click on add color in any of the lighting modes of hue+ I encounter the bug over and over, it just makes a white line where the color picker should be and thats it. Whenever I try to login to cam mobile app it tells me that I need to download the newest version(which I have) this cam software is getting worse and worse and worse.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hi there, please update to the newest version of CAM (3.5.6) from https://camwebapp.com/ and see if the issue you had persist.

We also just released the android app today. Please install that and see if that is working correctly for you.

5. 120mm nzxt led fan making a racket noise

fans making terrible noise. damn

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CAM Overlay (and other features) not working with the Surface Pro 4

I have 8GB, an i5 processor, DirectX 12 installed, the latest version of CAM installed, and I am still not seeing any overlay no matter the game. I've tried it with StarCraft2, Dead Space, the old 2005 Battlefront, Portal one and two, Civ 5, The Stanley Parable, and even tried it with Plants Vs. Zombies because nothing else was working. I'm not thinking it's a DirectX issue, because 12 is backward compatible with 9. I'm not thinking it's a game specific issue. I'm thinking that it's a problem with CAM compatibility with the Surface Pro.

As a side not, not…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AER RGB Fans not lighting up

They are recognised in cam but I cannot control the lighting. They are spinning fine, it’s just the lights that don’t seem to be working. I’ve tried removing the MCP2200 usb from the devices list and restarting the computer but no luck.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Covering Marquee will no longer take 00 00 00, instead uses last set color

- HUE+ 4.3.2 - CAM 3.5.80 - This worked in most of the versions I've had, but no longer works. Updated every driver/firmware/CAM thing I could think of. Please resolve.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multiple Issues

1. Channel 1 and 2 overlap in CAM even though fans are on 2 and LED strips on one. Can not set a color for the strips without changing 2/3rds of each fan.

2. Marquee, candle light, wings, and alternating presets are not showing up for Kraken X62.

3. The other day it didn't boot up properly and went to a all white theme with a white marquee on the Kraken that I haven't seen before. The circle moved around but the NZXT logo stayed lit unlike the covering marquee mode I usually use.
    -A. I am wondering why it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cant customize LED Channels Independently

Channel 1 and channel 2 always match each other no matter which way i try to customize them. If I make channel 1 a fixed color and channel 2 breathing, both channels will just switch to whatever setting i changed last. Is there a way to customize them independently or is this a CAM bug?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Grid V+3. Cam 3.5.80. Fans not turning? White power LED on. Connected to USB 2 on mobo and molex. Custom profile @100% still not working

Grid V+3. Cam 3.5.80. Fans not turning? White power LED on. Connected to USB 2 on mobo and molex. Custom profile @100% still not working

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. my new kraken x62 fan speed isnt showing up in Cam the fan speed also seem to be fixed it doesnt change when it gets hotter

my new kraken x62 fan speed isnt showing up in Cam the fan speed also seem to be fixed it doesnt change when it gets hotter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CAM reads the CPU_Fan header on most motherboard. Please verify that you have the CPU Fan connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard. If you have a AIO_Pump, W_Pump on your motherboard you can try those header as well.
    If you are using a Kraken, please be sure to have at least one of the radiator fans connected to the 4 pin header on the Kraken fan port. The Kraken pump cable should be connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard as well.

13. Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi isnt being recognised in latest update

My Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi isnt being recognised in latest update and im stuck with a green and orange coulour when my whole PC is white and blue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Cryorig H7 Lumi and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard.
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.

Try turning off your PC and turn off your PSU for 10 seconds, then turn your PSU and PC back on…

14. Hue+ 2 Channel on - Audio not smooth - Part 3

Previous ticket by Aznsteil was marked as "completed" without any comment. It was created Jun 25, 2017 and closed Dec 27, 2017. As I am still experiencing this exact issue I am reopening this ticket. I would greatly appreciate an update on the situation from support.

"Original Thread is here: http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-bugs-issues/suggestions/14741010-hue-2-channel-on-audio-not-smooth

Since June 8th 2016 (!) there is no real fix for this. I've traveled through the CAM Customer Support Forum here and will list every mentionable answer of the NZXT Team into this problem, so they will atleast have to change his generic copy paste answers. Lean back and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hwinfo and Aida64 Show my Kraken x62 as Kraken x52

I have just installed my KrakenX62, after that I try to see it on Hwinfo and Aida64, their showing as Kraken X52 not KrakenX62. Any Idea?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Kraken Pump & Fan RPM has increased but percentage is the same?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. Before today, the pump was running at the mininum setting of 60% (~1700 RPM), and the fan at 40% (~500 RPM).

But after restarting the PC last night the pump is now running at ~2300 RPM even though its still at 60%, and the fans are running at ~800 RPM, despite also still being at 40% (well 42% anyway, it no longer accepts being at 40%, despite what the graph says it only goes from 37% to 42%).

I dont understand, the settings are the same as they've always been…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Graphics load at 0% on NVIDIA GForce GTX 960 M after update

With the previous version it would show load but not temp. After update to 3.5.50 it now shows temp but not load. Tried this fix:

Please install this and try again:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sueit2n6gsngo44/vcredist_x86.exe?dl=0

No change. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Choppy/Laggy HUE+ Effects

I've purchased the NZXT HUE+ about a year ago (around last Christmas to be more specific), and I've been using it ever since. But ever since first plugging it in and enabling it within CAM software, some of the effects do not appear to be as smooth as I would imagine them being.

At first I thought this was just something that everyone had or deals with, but I noticed through reddit posts and YouTube videos that some of their effects (such as the SPECTRUM WAVE) appears to be buttery smooth in its transition and how it appears, even on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I use the Sync option on the audio it doesn't work properly

Initially when I used sync it would go through the whole color cycle properly according to the songs, now it only uses the first two colors in the color cycle.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base