Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

New install of CAM 3.7.4 stuck at authenticating

just downloaded newest version of cam available after previous one kept freezing. now i cannot even get logged in. every time i enter my login it just sits at authenticating endlessly. i have tried reinstalling 4 times. you guys and your shit software are going to fry my cpu!!!

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this Kraken x62 sitting here for about a year and avoided installing it because I didn't want to deal with CAM.

Then the CPU cooler on my new build started malfunctioning and I went, hey, what the hell. And I may as well reconnect the fan controller on this H700i case, too.

And everything worked until I rebooted. Now it's stuck at "Authenticating".

Uninstall, reinstall, uninstall with extreme prejudice, reinstall... nothing.

I just talked with support and they'll "get back to me".

I don't even know where this thing is getting my username from. It clearly is because when I reinstall, it says that the user already exists! I nuked every file on my system and registry with "CAM" or "NZXT" in the name.

I love your products, NZXT, and have been using them for over a decade. CAM is why I will never use them again, nor recommend them, nor use them in builds I do for other people.

Controlling my *fans* and AIO should not require an internet connection. Ever.

• Kennman5000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have been having this issue for over a month when i finished my build. it installed the first time and worked fine. then i put in corsair rbg fans and a controller completely seperate. not cam wont log in. ive reinstalled about 15 times, deleted registries, everything. its either stuck at "authenticating" or it will let me choose a log in and then just sit at 0% for hours.
    i just want to change my case lights, and im starting to get mad ...

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's now April and this issue hasn't even been addressed?! I'm having the same problem. It was problematic/buggy before. Now it just plain doesn't work. I want my money back and honestly, at this point, I'm so disheartened that I'm going to avoid buying any NZXT products in the future.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same pc runs so hot my case fans are off and connected to smart device come on nzxt sht software make offline mode

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base