Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Lighting channels are always linked

Kraken ring and logo are always linked with smart device led strips. Every change I make on one always affects the others even if the channels are deselected and/or turned off.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hi, I am informed by the devs that if the Custom profile has the same name in both the ring and the logo, the changes you make to one will affect the other. If you wish to have them do things independently, please give them more descriptive names such as “Breathing blue” and “Pulse red” or something along those lines. If the issue continues to happen even doing this, please let me know so we can get in touch with you to verify the logs. Thanks.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this, My Kraken x62 logo seems to be force linked to my RGB strip if I select a fixed color. I cannot have a White Logo on Kraken and a different color on my RGB strip. If I switch the Kraken logo to a different effect it will let me adjust colors independently. This is very frustrating as everything worked before this update.

• Tom Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or how bout let them be configured independently and saved under the same profile name. Like it was. This is ridiculous, that and the fact that you obviously do not test this software and continue to introduce more bugs than you fix.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Select all is unchecked, lighting affects are being applied even when channels are completely disabled. Issue seems to be that channels are using other channels custom profiles. If I create a profile for a solid blue color for one channel, the other is snapping to it by default. The previous functionality of being able to modify the profiles of each channel independently while preserving previous configurations is gone.

Issue persists on Update 3.6.8 as well, originally submitted as 3.6.7 issue.

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base