CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Modifitation réglage ventilation gpu

En faite j'utilise votre logiciel pour OC ma gtx 1080. Ça fonctionne bien pour le moment. Il y a aussi un réglage de la courbe de ventilation et la c'est problématique.

Je m'explique. Quand on créer un nouveau profil de ventilation
    On peux faire le mode zéro rpm jusqu'à 30, 40, 50 degrés comme on veux. Le problème c'est que ensuite dès qu'on veux que le ventilateur démarre. On ne peux pas le faire démarrer directement à 30 % admettons. Il va démarrer à admettons 40° à 1% jusqu'à 45° 40% ce qui provoque des arrêts et démarrage en boucle…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download

Please Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download.

It would be useful to have a stand-alone module to control Hue+ in order to eliminate the need for the CAM interface to the hardware in situations where users already run other software for OC and tweeking. It should also have a "refresh and detect hardware" button/option built in so that Hue+ devices could be scanned for on the PC and a connection could be re-established. CAM only shows the Hue+ when the software detects the device, and so there is no way to scan for…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add tie in with Razer Chroma SDK for Hue+

I see there was an idea a few months ago for this that is marked completed. Being that you guys have teamed up with Razer for 2 cases (both of which I own) I would love to be able to sync up my Hue + with my Razer gear and since they have their SDK open I would think it should be possible. Any updates on this?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cam tablet/iPad app

How about making a dedicated cam app for iPad with intergrated fps etc stream display. I'm not talking bou the normal cam mobile app that can be used on the iPad.. I have an iPad Pro 12.9" and it would be awesome to have a 2nd display with all the Controls via the app. Thanks and keep up the good work as usual.. cheers

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How about keeping old versions online?

How about keeping old versions so that if like me you update and the shit stops working you can get the bloaty spyware working again?

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Loading CAM...

It takes around 10 seconds to load CAM and sign in automatically - eventhough I don't use Tuning features (if it affects...).

Only using for monitoring and in-game overlay, and love them being covered using one application.

Much appreciate if you guys can cut down the loading time.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Eric Lam responded

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. We’ll definitely look into optimizing CAM better so that it isn’t as heavy loading wise. Can you try going into settings and disabling Top Apps / HDD detection and see if that helps with the loading time.

7. Screenshot in game + fps limiter

Hi, i love your program, so I disabled all others (because of collisions)

S I am missing screenshot feature:
    a) set a folder for images
    b) set a key for screenshots
    c) choose if overlay should be on screenshot or not (optional, convenient, not necessary)
    d) save a screenshot named by exe and date (something like "witcher3 2016-05-05 23:59:59" )

Also, FPS limiter would be nice (it helps in some games with stuttering).

Both of these features I could use in afterburner/rivaturner combo, but I would prefer to use single app, which is your target usage I believe, so please,…

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CAM Mobile Version Push Notifications

I would like to see push notifications for the cam mobile app. That way when the notification criteria is triggered the cam mobile app will push a notification message to the mobile phone home screen.

There's been a few times notifications were triggered but I was away from my computer and didn't know until I got back because I don't constantly monitor the CAM Mobile application for notifications.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. App scaling

I would like the main CAM page to scale to whatever size window.
    When the program opens it has a rather small default size.

When you maximize the page, it gives you a different look.
    I want the way it looks when the app starts up, to be able to scale to any size page.

I use a micro monitor affixed to my pc to monitor my pc with CAM software, but nee to make custom resolutions to get the default app size to fill the screen completely, without maximizing and changing the visual layout.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customize the full screen UI

It would be nice to be able to customize the full screen UI since I use CAM on my second monitor (1400x1050) and a lot of the information is overlapping.

So if we could choose what gets displayed and have the choice to move it around, that would be nice. I personally don't care for storage and network usage especially when it's cutting off my CPU and GPU information.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Kraken X42,X52, X62 Custom Lighting Macros

It would be super cool if we could see a map of each of the leds and build a display mode macro out of them one step at a time.

If there were for example 12 leds in the circle then imagine it like a clock. Click the mouse on each spot(1'oclock,2oclock..ect) you want to change and set the color. When you have set them all the way you want for the first step then add the display time and fade in/out values and go to the next step until you are done.

We could make our own custom display…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. UWP Universal Windows Platform App

Now it easy to rewrite or port your app to UWP which not only allows for easy propagation via windows store but also would enable relatively easy Windows 10 mobile entry.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Variable Refresh Rate for Hardware Parameters

I would like to have a user-configurable speed on which Hardware Parameters like Load/Utilization and Core Temperatures get refreshed/update like 1x/2x/3x/4x/5x... per second or 100ms/150ms/200ms/250ms/300ms... like in other Hardware Monitoring Tools like Core Temp and GPU-Z.
    The user can also more accurately monitor the status of their PC Components if these parameters refresh more often.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More customizations for FPS Overlay

I'd like to chose a border color for the overlay text because sometimes when the color is too bright on a bright bachground is nearly impossbile to read it.

And would be a good thing to let users chose how info are shown and the position for each one (I like to have the FPS counter in the top right corner and GPU / CPU stats in the top left corner) just like HWInfo + RTSS do, they let you customize EVERYTHING of the OSD also units and names.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Eric Lam responded

Hey there, thanks for the suggestion. We can definitely look into adding more features into the overlay text.

15. CPU Fan speed.

Dont put CPU/GPU fan speed on the basic front page.
    1. it doesnt recognise my motherboard (Asus Maximuss VIII Hero) While a fan is attached.
    2. My pc is watercooled so no fan on the GPU
    3. N/A or 0 is just plain annoying and useless info.
    Are older versions still available for download?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better GPU fan control in cam 3.1

In the latest version of Cam 3.1, the GPU overclocking tool has limitations with the gpu fan even with manual or custom setting it wont go bellow 40% fan speed yet with MSI afterburner i can have it from 20%(0speed) to 100%, also an option to disable this so that if i have issues with your overclocking tool i can use Afterburner without conflict.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi guys,
    With version 3.1.2, CAM will not override your BIOS settings. If you change your fan profile, you can always revert to the BIOS setting by clicking on “Reset Settings”. We are looking into allowing fan percentages lower than 40%.

17. Two different fan curves

Would it be possible to implement two different fan curves, one for ramping up and the other one for ramping down. Even with fan hysteresis my fans keep starting at full throttle only to shut down again after 1-2 secounds. This keeps repeting as the temperature changes quickly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a small CAM windows gadget thing would be nice, like Open Hardware Monitor 's.

Great program, thx.

A small CAM windows gadget thing would be nice, like Open Hardware Monitor 's.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When your Wallpapers Cycle to other wallpapers the Hue+ system pick's that up and trys to match the current wallpapers color with the LED's

Its simple wallpaper changes hue+ identifies the most common color in the picture and adjust accordingly , this is for people who have a lot of wallpapers and like to cycle thru them but also want the PC lights to match the current wallpaper

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More precise control over fan speed for Grid+ V2

I have 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B12-4 fans (speed: 2400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 3.3 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.32A, Input Power: 3.84W, Connection: 3-pin) and 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B14-3 fans (speed: 1400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 4.0 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.19A, Input Power: 2.28W, Connection: 3-pin) all connected to the Grid+ V2 fan controller.

Currently, the CAM software (v3.1.2) allows us to change the value of the fan speed when creating a new custom mode curve by increments of 5%. Any chance you can, instead, let us increase that value by increments of 1%? Even…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base