CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Exact fan speed adjustment

It would be really nice if you can implement a more exact fan speed adjustment (5% or 1% steps).
    I am running two nzxt aer rgb coolers on 30%. I would like to make them a little bit quiter. When I set them to 20% percent there is a loop beetween turning on and off again.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The overlay doesn't seem to work on many games

Like the title says, the monitoring overlay doesn't work on many games. It works with Fallout 4 and also (last time I played at least) Overwatch. It doesn't work with titles like: The Witcher 3, Total War Warhammer (dx11 & dx12), Civilization VI (dx11 & dx 12), Rainbow six siege, Just Cause 3.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I can not update CAM software

I can not update CAM software
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbk5DWG-PNI&feature=youtu.be

I am uninstall and downloaded version 3.3.4 and installed it but back to the old version 3.3.3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Poll storage more frequently.

The pie charts for storage don't change frequently enough to be usable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make CPU Temp Default Option for Fan & Pump Speed!

Whenever I have to reinstall CAM (which is unacceptably frequently), the fan speed and pump speed default to being based on liquid temps, which is pointless and helpful to nearly no one!

If there is an issue with CAM which prevents me access to the GUI (which, again, is annoyingly frequently), I am stuck with the fan and pump settings until a new CAM update is released!

Please sort this out, it really can't be that difficult!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. impact of overclocking

help user know what potential impact specifically to what extent what can cause. kind of inform the person using CAM that using it can fry hardware. Also kind of monitor and warn user oh don't overclock this don't just put it in plain letters. bold it warn everyway. I know about overclocking I want others who don't know more informed make sence

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm sitting at a desktop all day. Why can't I change my remote PCs settings from a web browser?

I think it would be faster for you to implement a website than it would be to build an iPhone app, right?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. GRID+ v2 Improvments

Hi,

I just recently bought a GRID+ 2 for my system and attached six EK-Vardar F4-120 2200 RPM fans to it, but I got some issues, not specifically with those fans, but with the CAM Software in general.

1. It does not autostart in Windows 10, even if I manually add it to a task. It seems like the CAM Launcher is broken for some reason. Uninstall, reinstall, clean all installed files etc. did not help.

2. The fan control is ok, but I'd prefer if you could add 5% values instead of those 10% because my fans are making…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. manual cpu tjmax value

maybe add possibility to change cpu tjmax values manually?

According to CAM my Xeon x5470 idles at 50c when in reality it's closer to 35c according to every other program which let user define CPU's tjmax based on manufacturers documentation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow of global profile switching via a keyboard shortcut

Could we have global profile switching via a keyboard shortcut? So If I do Shift + Alt + F1 - F2 ect I can switch between lighting configs. Would be good as I have a few presets for daytime, evening relaxing and evening gaming. This would switch profiles for both HUE and Kraken. I wish you guys would open the API up so I wouldn't have to wait when I have an idea and could code it myself. Other companies are starting to do this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More account control - or no more logins

I currently have CAM using my google account, but i dont want this anymore, but i cannot register a new account because the email address is already known, but i cant change that account either.

So what im asking for is more control over my account via the site, i dont wanna have to login via google every time i boot.

Or, what would be even better, just strip the login feature all together, why is it even there? i really really really dont need some sort of cloud save nonsense for the program's settings, i mean, i get that…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. VRAM in Basic

There should be and option to see the VRAM usage in a circle or bar like the cpu load and RAM usage

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dedicated driver

make a dedicated driver that does not crash everytime you turn on your pc. every day i have to reset my fans and rgb, everyday i have to re-download the programs just to keep my pc from getting hot, which by the way my processor is always over 100 degrees F. this is no joke, im getting tired of this problem. If you can not fix it i will with a better product and then smash this NZXT to pieces!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a way to set other sensor readings as CPU temperature

Please provide a way to set other sensor readings (like, for example, CPU socket temperature) as CPU temperature.

That way AMD AM3/AM3+ temperature readings will be much more reliable. At the moment CAM uses one of CPU core as temperature which is just not reliable with AMD AM3/AM3+, especially when idle - I get 14'C when ambient temperature is 22'C and socket sensor temperature is 35'C.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. How do you reset stats on dashboard

How do you reset stats on dashboard, if I hover over the (I) icon on GPU my minimum is 0 for max and min, but the "live" GPU is reading the correct temperature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Able to see all cpu cores usage on one screen in the iOS app.

I like that I can see my CPU cores usage on the iOS app but I don't like that I have to swipe through each core to see what's going on. Is there a way to be able to see all cores current usage on one page?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hue+ Marquee background customization ... like before

Before the update the "Marquee" profile could have a background color set. I can't seem to find this anymore..

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Control...

I'd love to be able to have more custom modes. I'd also love to have more control over the percentages. One of my fans with LEDs doesn't like 40%, but it's too loud at 50%. Sure would be nice to set it at 45%, but that's not an option... The CAM software looks very nice, and is definitely on the right track, but it needs to be more functional. The type of person buying a Grid 2 Fan Controller doesn't so much care about what the software looks like, it needs to function more than anything. It's very pretty, just…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Overlay profiles

Since different games have different HUD, sometimes I've noticed that it is beneficial, if not necessary to modify the positioning and text to adhere to the game in question. I suggest a game profile system so that multiple preset overlays can exist and be utilized.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base