CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Two different fan curves

Would it be possible to implement two different fan curves, one for ramping up and the other one for ramping down. Even with fan hysteresis my fans keep starting at full throttle only to shut down again after 1-2 secounds. This keeps repeting as the temperature changes quickly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. a small CAM windows gadget thing would be nice, like Open Hardware Monitor 's.

Great program, thx.

A small CAM windows gadget thing would be nice, like Open Hardware Monitor 's.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When your Wallpapers Cycle to other wallpapers the Hue+ system pick's that up and trys to match the current wallpapers color with the LED's

Its simple wallpaper changes hue+ identifies the most common color in the picture and adjust accordingly , this is for people who have a lot of wallpapers and like to cycle thru them but also want the PC lights to match the current wallpaper

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More precise control over fan speed for Grid+ V2

I have 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B12-4 fans (speed: 2400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 3.3 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.32A, Input Power: 3.84W, Connection: 3-pin) and 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B14-3 fans (speed: 1400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 4.0 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.19A, Input Power: 2.28W, Connection: 3-pin) all connected to the Grid+ V2 fan controller.

Currently, the CAM software (v3.1.2) allows us to change the value of the fan speed when creating a new custom mode curve by increments of 5%. Any chance you can, instead, let us increase that value by increments of 1%? Even…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overall profiles

Just got my GRID+ and was very disappointed to find no overall profile system in the CAM software.

What I really want is to configure several overall profiles and then, within each, configure what each fan should do. That way I can have a quiet profile with some fans on a quiet curve and others off completely, a full power profile with every fan on full and then a profile somewhere in the middle. I could then use the system tray app to quick flick between profiles in one go and all fans would change to their settings for that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fan speed Graph tracker

It would be awesome if there was a way to view/track the fans speed/RPM on a graph, so you can see when they rev up/slow down - This way it would be easier to track the RPM and see if it needs adjusting between certain thresholds.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sound integration

It would be awesome if the cam software had a setting purely for listening to music that would detect the BPM and other general of rhythm beats and then while using other regular Hue settings, dim the lights or even run through separate custom music light shows in sync with the music

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow us to control fan speed based on "any highest" temperature.

CAM currently allows me to set my fan speed based on one of LIQUID, CPU *or* GPU.

The Kraken is the main air-inlet to my case, I would like to be able to increase the fan speed when *any* of the above increases in temperature (preferably with 3 graphs).

Currently if I select GPU temperature then I could be running CPU-intensive tasks without adequate cooling (and vice-versa).

I CPU/GPU combo would be good enough (coolant temp is more controllable).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Combine Presets

I would love to combine smart mode with presets. For example, if i reach 70° it starts to strobe in red or maybe "it takes fire" with candlelight preset.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

This is a really good suggestion. We’ll take these into consideration as we add more variety to the lighting modes.

10. Universal Dimming for Hue+

I've noticed moving a color on the spectrum to the darker end dims it but basically keeps it the same color, with this in mind, it would be nice if you can add a universal dimmer that does this so you don't have to create custom profiles and go through each color moving them toward the bottom. Convenience!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notifications - Criteria needs to be true for x seconds option

hey,

it would be great if there would be a option for the notifications which sets that the notification will only get send if the temp/load is over that value for X seconds.

My CPU temp jumps over 80 for a second sometimes and the notifications about that are getting annoying.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Random LEDs on Hue+

Could you add a profile that will cause random LEDs on a channel to flash/change color? I'm trying to create a "sky" effect for the top of my case and I'd like to have lightning.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Application Specific Profiles.

A way to choose a specific profile for each Application or Game would be nice. For example I like to use the Audio: Level profile for playing Rainbow Six: Siege but I would like to use a green and blue marquee for playing Fallout 4. So having the ability to have a different profile for each application would be great!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change proflie by time for HUE+

I recently got HUE+ LED for my case, and working fine, but wish i could have it switch automatic between different profiles, depending on time.

For e.x i would like to be able to have a profile with higher brightness during daytime and after a defined time by me use another profile at night with lower brightness

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Eric Lam responded

That’s an interesting idea, we will look into this. Thanks for the suggestion!

15. Give us an option to set the pattern speed in HUE+ according to the GPU/CPU load

I think it would be nice to have an option in HUE+ where you can make it so the "interval" value on HUE+ (or maybe brightness for those profiles that have a fixed color) depends on our GPU / CPU load. For example:

CPU/GPU load at less than 10%: Pattern stopped / lights off
    CPU/GPU load at 10-30%: Interval: Slowest
    CPU/GPU load at 30-50%: Interval: Slow
    CPU/GPU load at 50-70%: Interval: Medium
    CPU/GPU load at 70-90%: Interval: fast
    CPU/GPU load at 90-100%: Interval: fastest

Maybe add a "check every X seconds" so users won't turn crazy because their lights go…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi,
    Sorry for the late response. This is a great idea and we will add the feature in an update soon!

16. Profiles need more fan speeds per temperature

As of current the kraken operates with default profiles with 6 total points of adjustment. My suggestion would be to increase the amount of points to prevent from fans constantly revving up and revving down. Doubling the amount of points could prevent this problem. If you look at the default silent profile between 50C and 55C there is a huge fan speed change to prevent overheating but the fans jump from 35% to 55% which for fans with no softened increase cause sound annoyances. I'm starting to regret purchasing this product because of this huge flaw.

TL:DR More points of…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Justin,
    Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking at this idea and others to smooth the transition between fan speeds. I will post a reply here once we’ve reached a consensus.

17. Dashboard section shows summary of all 6 fans like the cpu and gpu load and temp

The Dashboard should be the Single Pane of Glass you want open but it only displays the performance for 1 of the 6 fans you have in grid+. why not display each controlled fan like the CPU and GPU load but smaller. group them all together at the bottom. no need to be able to change the settings there. we can always go to the grid+ tab to change settings.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reverse HUE+ LED strip directions

An idea for a future CAM release: it would be nice to be able to reverse the direction of either or both strands of lights on the HUE+ using CAM. Due to my case design, the current setup forces the "marquee" theme lights to travel from the same corner, to the same corner, instead of "chasing" each other. If I was able to use CAM to cause one channel to run the opposite direction, that would be cool.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  fan.ding responded

This feature is planned. Look for an update soon!

19. A way to read CAM fan/temp data live for widgets etc.

The data displayed in CAM is quite handy, though I would like to make my own widget with something such as rainmeter, to display the data a bit more compact so it will fit on my screen better.
    This would require a way to read CAM's live data, which should not be hard to implement. In theory it should already be possible if it was known where this data is stored, but implementing this is not something I am currently capable of.

If this could make it to the future features list I would be very pleased, thank you.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bunch of ideas to become a single monitoring solution on the PC

Great, cute, clean UI. Thank you, amazing work.

1) Is there an API to this system? I want to add system status as passive check result to external monitoring tool like nagios/shinken/icinga/zenoss/zabbix/sensu/riemann/...whatever.

2) Add external plugins support, or provide sdk/api to add custom checks. It will be nice to add something like yet-another-nagios-style-plugin + widget for graphic which appears at the dashboard.

For example, I want to see network connection status on the screen: package loss and ping value. Those are crucial metrics for anyone.

In the end I want to uninstall rainmeter, speedfan, cpuZ, NRPE and use CAM to…

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for the great suggestions. Here are some answers:
    1) We don’t have a public API yet but this is something we are strongly considering creating one.
    2) This is also a feature we are considering and may add in the future.
    Sorry the answers cannot be more definitive at this point but know that these ideas are being considered internally and that we appreciate the feedback.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base