CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. CAM Fan Control Needs Change

Why is it that CAM forces us to max out our fans at 100% when a given component reaches 80c? Even when I make a custom fan curve I run into this.

My GPU runs in the low 80s under load, so whatever fan curve I have set will max the fans out quite often when gaming. The issue is I have 6 Noctua IPPC fans. I know they're not meant to be quiet, but even at half speed, much more tolerable as far as noise goes, they provide sufficient airflow and they don't deafen me. Yet CAM forces them…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. develop a 64 bit version

develop a 64 bit version

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. unable to download Cam V3.5.60

the CAM_installer V3.5.60.exe can not be downloaded, it says network error all the time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CAM database location

Dear NZXT,

Can you please update the CAM software, so I can choose where the `CAMSettings.sqlite` and `CAMSettings.sqlite-journal` will be saved, because it has a lot of read and write actions on my SSD, while I have a normal HDD too. I would like to re-locate it on the HDD, this is a easy thing to implant!

Now I had to uninstall CAM, and reinstall it on my E:\ drive so the files will be there.

Thank you for reading this and please add this feature to CAM.

Alex

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Day and Night Modes

Would like an option to setup times, for people that don't need the lights on all day long.

254 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi everyone,
    This is an excellent suggestion. Sorry it took us so long to respond. We are mostly working on stability and fixing bugs for CAM right now. When we feel the time is right, we will definitely consider adding this option. This would be a great smart mode.

6. Tracking temps and loads over time.

You used to be able to track loads and temps over minutes, days, weeks. But this feature has since been removed and I can only see the last minute or two of load and temps. This feels like a downgrade. I would like this feature to return please. Thank you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fan curve based on CPU and GPU temperature?

An relatively old program called SpeedFan had an option to set a CPU and a GPU fan curve for each fan and automatically apply the higher value of each curve so that the fans turn on if the CPU or the GPU gets too hot. I would love a feature like that in CAM because often your GPU gets hot while gaming although your CPU stays cool or the CPU get hot while rendering although the GPU stays cool.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need Full Percentage Load Log

The percentage load now only existed in dashboard, and is only retained for a short period of time. I would like to see these trends for the entire duration of the game to evaluate whether I have met or exceeded my cards' capacity.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Normal Panel should have Network Download/Upload Infos

As The title said, the normal Panel should have Network Infos Download/Upload

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. LED Profiles upon game launch

I would love to see us being able to configure profiles when launching specific applications. For example, When I launch rocket league my keyboard software kicks on my RL led profile for my keys and its just a marque that goes from orange to blue, i would love to tie my hue+ the same way. I would love to launch RL and my leds switch to a marque that goes blue to orange. Just setting a profile to a target EXE would be amazing.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. cam didnt detect my CPU fan and GPU fan

my CPU fan speed showing N/A

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show all the CPU cores in multiple CPU systems - also RAM temperatures.

I am sure not many people have this issue, but I am running CAM on essentially a server motherboard that has dual CPU's. When I look at my temperature information in something like HWInfo, I can see both CPU's as well as temperatures for each core of each CPU. This winds up being 16 cores on my machine (8 cores per cpu). When I view the temperature data using CAM, it only gives me 8 cores. I unplugged the coolant pump on CPU2 and ran a stress test. I can confirm that the temperatures being shown in CAM are only…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ambient light

Hey NZXT, I totally love colors and lights, so I've bought some Philips Hue Lamps (yeah, that's a coincidence ;)) and fired Screenbloom up, which was able to sort lamps into custom defined areas on my screen. So if I am watching a movie and the corners are like, for example, in a bluish color, it takes the average color of these areas.
    It works by making screenshots multiple times. you can customize it. So, is it possible to do something with the App? It would be awesome if the app was somehow able to capture the screen. I know…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. HUE+ Audio EQ mode - Each LED should have its own frequency range and volume for more reactiveness

If each LED on the strip were assigned to a different frequency range on the EQ and given the same 1-8+ levels of color for volume, it would add an entirely different element to the reactiveness to audio and (especially on EDM where it's largely at full volume) be more than just a full-volume color bar that's barely moving, which is what the Audio setting really does now. Being able to adjust the sensitivity as well would be nice in all areas of the audio setting-I know it's BETA, but this would totally make it perfect, especially the EQ part.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to specify temperature offsets per sensor or specify different sensors altogether. My cpu's temperature sensor is wrong

Allow us to specify a sensor temperature offset in order to correct the reported cpu temperature.

Or, alternatively, allow us to shift the points on the custom fan curves horizontally to counter the temperature difference.

Or, alternatively, allow us to choose from a list of different temperature sensors.

My CPU temperature, according to CAM, is approximately -20C from my real temperature. Resetting my CMOS does not change anything. Updating my BIOS does not change anything.

My processor (AMD FX-8320e) has always reported a temperature which is about 20C below what the actual temperature is.

My motherboard's (ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0)…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fan profile shortcuts

Made shortcut for changing fan profile mode so we can change the fan profile from games whitout minimize the games.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Network/Internet Activity Graphs

There are many network/internet monitoring programs out there that can be used for inspiration, but these are the features that come to my mind:

1. Graph showing periodic pings to a given IP/web-address. The user can enter "google.com" and/or their website's address, for example, and set it to ping ever second or minute. This would act as a heart beat of the user's connection to the website(s) or the internet in general.
    2. Graph showing internet upload/download speeds. Maybe have the program conduct an internet speed test periodically (a period prescribed by the user) to show how the speeds differ…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fully Customisable LEDs on HUE+

It would be great if they made it so there was an interface you could make your own LED patterns on. (Or at least making it open source so techy people could do it - idk if this is already a thing)

This could be expanded by being able to share your patterns with other cam users.

There is LOADS of potential in this product. I would love to see a subreddit with lots of active users contributing their new patterns.

From NZXT point of view - if they had a page on their website where users could share patterns,…

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Adam,
    Sorry for the very late response. We are considering opening up the SDK so we can have users program their own modes and share with other users. This project will require some time to build out and we currently have other higher priority tasks we are working on. However, I can tell you that we have more cool modes coming, especially for gamers.

19. Please port to Linux!

It wouldn't be that hard. You're ignoring a potentially huge influx of customers that Linux support would bring. It already seems like a great software, and I can imagine only that a Linux version would be even greater. Thanks.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the fans be controlled by both CPU and GPU temp on the Grid+ simultaneously

I want to control the fans on my grid+ based off both CPU and GPU simultaneously,

So take the scenario, where I have a more graphics intensive application. I have to currently switch over to a profile that adjusts the fans based on GPU temps, If I then start using a CPU intensive application I have to again change the profile to one that adjusts based on CPU.

Instead I want a single profile that allows me to define a graph for my cpu and gpu, then basically if the graph for the GPU has a higher fan speed than…

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an excellent suggestion! What you are saying is that we allow users to create a “smart” profile depending on whether the CPU or GPU or both is getting hot. Don’t be surprised to see this feature soon.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base