CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Settings default tab.

In The CAM software when you click settings make the default tab that opens FPS Overlay and fix overlay not working in many titles.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove 40% minimum limit on the GPU fans.

Today I'm using msi afterburner with a fairly relaxed fan curve, because I use two Noctua NF-F12's as GPU fans. I would love to just use, the Cam software, but since Cam only lets me set my gpu fans to 40% minimum, that results in 1440 rpm (1500max) on my noctua fans.

Please remove this limitation, as it has nothing to do with the Grid limitations, and it's bound to the GPU. Afterburner has no issues with running my fans down to 1%.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi guys,
    We’re looking at removing the 40% restriction. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

3. React on USB device changes (Hue+)

The CAM software should listen for USB change system notifications and react on them (detect new device, e.g. Hue+, etc). Right now my Hue+ is not being detected automatically on system boot, and I have to manually unplug / plug it on the motherboard. But this is not detected by CAM, so I have to also shut down and restart it. CAM software should be smart enough to detect the change. This should work other way around, if I disconnect Hue+ it should disappear from CAM dashboard.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Storage notification sliders

Similar to how CAM will notify you when your CPU/GPU reaches a certain temperature (which can be set on a slider), the notifications for low storage should be able to be changed on a slider. What defines "low storage" varies from person to person, so we should be able to adjust that as we would like.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Smoother marquee

Is there any way to make effects like marquee smoother on slower speeds? At the moment it is just stepping, but would be nice if the effect was smoother so the preceding and trailing LED's fade rather than it doing a step. Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. HUE+ join effect on chanel 1 to chanel 2

Hello :)

If you have less than 5 fans you dont get any problems about that .. but how about if you have more than 5 fans on your rigs as me ?

I have 3 fans and chanel 1 and 4 fans on chanel 2 ... each effect .. rung their chanel .. and look like ... really bad :(

I have a idea .. why dont join effect from chanel 1 to chanel 2

Example: both chanel i use Marquee effect, the light run from fan 1 > 2 > 3 on chanel 1 and continue on fan…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. cam installer 3.3.4 virus detected and deleted by ess 10

cam installer 3.3.4 virus detected and deleted by ess 10.
    ???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple Tuning Overclock Profiles

It would be great to have the ability to save our overclocks to various profiles like MSI AB & EVGA PXOC but you could take it one step further.

The ability to autoload a profile depending on the game launched. The basis for it is already implemented as CAM keeps a record of the FPS and other stats when launching a game. Including the option to load an OC profile for a specific game would be fantastic, and something other software hasn't got.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Open up HUE+ & Kraken API or allow to assign lighting profiles based on what game you are playing, and sleep mode

As the title says would be great to be able to assign a lighting profile based on the game you are playing.

Open up an API for HUE+ and Kraken LED so that developers can make their own lighting apps

Sleep mode, since power is supplied over USB during sleep, would be great if Lights could switch to a low power profile but still be on.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hue+ more profiles

Unless there is some hardware limitation i would very much like to see a MUCH larger amount of color profiles available, being limited to 6 profiles is very limiting.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MINI CAM positon

I think there are plenty of requests for this. I have all NZXT products and love the cam software. It is developing so well. One of the most annoying things for me is that mini cam does not remember is position when closed. I think many would love to see this feature added. I do not always run the full windowed CAM unless I am tweaking LED Profiles and such.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Beta CAM software release before being pushed to release

Due to the amount of problems people are having with 3.2.04 and the time it takes until fixes are made (almost 3 weeks now) and released. Even a hotfix release would be highly appreciated. This would avoid headaches for general consumers, and those who do not check the forums, as well as highlight potential bugs that shouldn't be making it into release.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  fan.ding responded

This is an excellent suggestion and we are in the process of implementing it. If you are interested in being a beta tester and possibly get access to CAM-related hardware prior to the public release, please contact Eric Lam at eric.lam@nzxt.com.

15. Change every light

it would be verry cool if you can control every light strip with movement and color, i know that it kind of works but i stays buggy for example if i change 1 light strip the fans changes also, or i want the last light strip as RGB but that doesnt work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make so I can choose temperature sensor from mainboard, because that's the right one for a AMD A10 7850K.

Make so I can choose temperature sensor from mainboard to controle the fans, because that's the right temperature for a AMD A10 7850K. the CAM can't read the temperature of the CPU, it jumps from 40 to 75 degrees in 2 sek.
    Please FIX !

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fan speed at the maximum temperature of the CPU or GPU

I have Kraken X41 on CPU. CAM control Kraken and system fans. While I playing in game, I have cold CPU and high temperature on GPU (Low speed system fans). In settings CAM I can choose graph setting CPU temp, GPU temp, water temp. I want one more setting - highest temperature beetween CPU and GPU.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. App in system tray when minimized !

App in system tray when minimized !

Can't find this option , can anyone help me find it please !!

windows stays always on task instead of going to tray and just stay there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Exact fan speed adjustment

It would be really nice if you can implement a more exact fan speed adjustment (5% or 1% steps).
    I am running two nzxt aer rgb coolers on 30%. I would like to make them a little bit quiter. When I set them to 20% percent there is a loop beetween turning on and off again.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)