Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Make the fans be controlled by both CPU and GPU temp on the Grid+ simultaneously

I want to control the fans on my grid+ based off both CPU and GPU simultaneously,

So take the scenario, where I have a more graphics intensive application. I have to currently switch over to a profile that adjusts the fans based on GPU temps, If I then start using a CPU intensive application I have to again change the profile to one that adjusts based on CPU.

Instead I want a single profile that allows me to define a graph for my cpu and gpu, then basically if the graph for the GPU has a higher fan speed than use that or if the CPU graph has a higher fan speed then that should be used, seems like currently it's either cpu or GPU

134 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aortic Defiance shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded  · 

This is an excellent suggestion! What you are saying is that we allow users to create a “smart” profile depending on whether the CPU or GPU or both is getting hot. Don’t be surprised to see this feature soon.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VirtualInsanity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So how long does this need to be under review for?
        It's an essential fundamental requirement that is still missing as at 8th October 2017
        With the rad front mounted CAM has exclusive control over bringing cool air into the case.
        Because of this it is imperative that CAM can spin those fans in response to temp increases of anything in the case, not just the CPU.
        This idea has been posted a number of times, by a number of users and in many cases an admin replies saying it's a great idea.
        Well how about some action guys?
        The code is simple, i could write it for a micro to run.

All you need is a checkbox for each temp to respond to []CPU []MB []GPU1 []GPU2 and whichever of those has a higher temp can have it's fan curve honored.

Instead you guys have grossly bloated out CAM into an eyesore full of stupid features and useless functions.

I think you need to start again, make do one thing, and do it well.

If you're not going to do it right then open it up for we can code our own solution.

Won't be buying any more hardware because of how poor your software and support is.
        Sitting there, saying nice idea and doing nothing is not support.

• Bal3Wolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this feature also right now you cant make profiles and just switch them because all profiles are set to cpu or gpu at the same time kinda defeats the purpose of profiles in a way.

• Aortic Defiance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this, I see a new version of CAM was released but I see this item is still under review since Jun 2015

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have a timeline for this feature? The grid is kinda uselss for me until something like this is available

Feedback and Knowledge Base