Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Display data in traybar

I do like the new layout of CAM 2.0, however I still miss traybar options like SpeeFan or CoreTemp use. I use both of these tools to display my CPU and GPU temps in the traybar, maybe even load of RAM and CPU.
It would be great if CAM could implement this as well so I can use it as a standalone monitoring tool

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alexander Hoke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  fan.ding responded  · 

Hi Alexander,
    We have a widget form CAM coming in the next update in a few weeks. It’s not exactly the same as the tray display but it will occupy very little space and display the most important stats.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dexana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this as an added feature! Having at least the temp for cpu/gpu in the taskbar tray is extremely useful when multi-tasking with several programs that aren't fullscreen (where the overlay would probably come in handy, tbh I haven't used this feature yet).

Currently I am using CAM version 2.1.6 and in order to keep an eye on these temp stats I use the widget version and place it behind my (transparent) taskbar. It is hard to see the stats (since it is in the background) but it is better than nothing. Having it in the tray/having CAM minimised to tray would be awesome to free up clutter from having too many programs open already.

Anyway, I don't know if older ideas are even looked at, but I hope so! :)

• Alexander Hoke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
        what kind of widget? A Windows7 widget or an overlay? Because right now I have data (temp of CPU,GPU1,GPU2, hottest HDD & load of CPU, RAM & clockspeed of CPU) displayed on all 3 taskbars (3 monitors) using CoreTemp and SpeedFan as mentioned before.
        Clockspeed ofc only makes sense when you use turbo boost like most Intel CPUs.

Since CAM can track so much data it would be great if there was a menu where you could customize traybar output similar to CoreTemp and SpeedFan (font, colors, what is displayed, order, (max) temp per e.g. CPU or per core, etc), CAM could even do more - network load for example.

In my opinion the traybar is the only component that is actually useful for this since in most cases it is always visible (except hidden taskbars and fullscreen applications) while a widget is either behind application-windows or (if in front) it will get in the way while using such applications. I mean those who don't like it could just turn it off or maybe just make it so it's disabled on stock settings.

Another way would be to create an API (e.g. XML or HTTP) with all the data - maybe with hidden external IP for safety reasons, if the user wants to. Then I or someone else could just make our own extension.

Best regards,
        Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base