Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

CAM software makes me apprehensive about their products

Out of all the software I use the CAM software surely crashes the most. Its extremely unstable, constantly pesters me to login via Facebook and makes me never want to purchase another product from this company again.

The watercooler I have works great otherwise, but if I don't run the NZXT software, then the watercooler runs extremely loud.

Please redo this software, it is simply not a working solution. Even if this was some sort of prototype/alpha software I'd be somewhat disappointed, but this is supposed to be production ready.

No other benchmarking or hardware monitoring software I have has ever really crashed before, but this program crashed every single day.

Please just redo it and take away all of the polish until you have a stable, working product. In particular:
-MAKE IT STABLE. If the software can't work without crashing after less than 6 hours then it is not production ready.
-Make social accounts a completely optional thing. My PC stays on 24/7 I have no desire to monitor my PC stats via my mobile because its stable enough and works fine.
-STOP CALLING IT CAM. I have software for my motherboard, software for my graphics cards, software for my CPU. Why do I need to remember another name for another piece of software? If I type "CAM" in I get a bunch of other software I have which is all webcam related. The name has nothing to do with the software and it should just be called "NZXT Control Panel".
-Feature creep. Stop adding unnecessary features which do nothing but make the software less stable.
-Last of all if you want to do all this extra stuff which has nothing but a negative impact on the users of your hardware, then make a "lite" version without all this extra stuff. I don't want any of it personally.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bob Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Furthermore, why does this need an overlay feature?
        I have Steam overlay, Origin overlay, Windows overlay, Nvidia overlay, FRAPS overlay, Bandicam overlay. Are you sensing a pattern here? Its just another feature that adds more and more complication for software that should just be controlling my watercooler RPM.

Feedback and Knowledge Base