Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

A CAM that just tells me my temps and controls my Kraken

Some folks surely do use all the features in your program, but i do not and i doubt i'm alone.

I have 2 needs for CAM, detect my temps and the ability to control my CPU cooler.

I do not need CAM's:
Gaming overlay
GPU overclocking
HDD detection
Network tracker
FPS counter

Right now you provide only one option, All of it.

Perhaps you are aware of the community's desire for a CAM light. In my opinion CAM should be the bare bones with the smallest footprint/impact on a system, and all the extra should be CAM+ or something.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Freakapotamus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have rolled back to 3.5.9 currently the best of the worst. I will never buy an NZXT cooling product again.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the reason I'll never buy an NZXT products again, *** has been dire from day 1, it's not getting any better, just more bloated, and support is dire.
        I've a H630, fan controller and Kraken and they'll be my last products.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. If the developer want to buil a general software, they can do it but as a DIFFERENT software than the Kraken driver. Should be OPTIONAL for the NZXT HARDWARE OWNERS. As a Kraken owner I need and I want a SIMPLE solution.

• Freakapotamus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Kraken info to the mini view. i.e Liquid temp and fan speed. The storage section is all but useless and you could remove RAM also

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need the gpu overclocking, its gpu overclocking fan curve is sooo much better than asus gpu tweak

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has previously been requested by many customers and rejected by NZXT :(

Email from NZXT:

An idea you supported has been closed. Thank you for your feedback.

Give feedback on other ideas to help us decide what to build next.

votes
        completed

make a minimal version

(No Status) → Completed

Our goal for CAM is to unify a lot of the PC monitoring/tuning functions into one app. We realize that this is a very aggressive goal but it is something we believe in very much. It is true that up to this point we have not done a good job in certain areas, but we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app.

-----------------------

so don't waste you time asking :(

• Nokrahs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pretty much similar to that I posted a couple of minutes ago. I just want a "cam light" with is:

- drivers
        - hardware control (in my case the Kraken X62, lights and Fan/Pump speed)

I don't need all the other functions in CAM.

Feedback and Knowledge Base