Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Kill CAM as it is and start again, seriously.

Please admins, take a deep breath, step back and think before deleting this.
CAM is horrible, regardless of whether the devs like it or not let the customer be the judge.
Google your product and read what people have to say on public forums etc, hell even here!
It's a bloated piece of software essential to the configuration of system cooling (which it does poorly with missing essential features!) and includes and incredible amount of bloat and useless features that people are not using.
People are asking for minimal, asking for fast loading, asking for CPU & GPU temp to spin fans up, and you you guys continue to blot the app out with requested feature and fiddle with the aesthetic continually.

How about starting with something basic and functional?

Is this random list of 'completed ideas listening to the people?

Hire new developers PLEASE [Completed]
Please can you rebuild CAM software from scratch [Completed]
fix your horrid software [Completed]
If they don't fix their software, I will be returning this product and boycott them. [Completed]
Email notification on idle GPU [Completed]
Gigabyte X370 gaming 5 borad voltage of the motherboard wrong. need a fix. [Completed]
Have software better connected to online acct [Completed]

These ideas aren't completed, they are ignored and marked as completed.
I challenge anyone to look for themselves.
How many genuine requests like....
http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252939-cam-ideas/suggestions/18657010-make-a-minimal-version

or

http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252939-cam-ideas/suggestions/8181711-make-the-fans-be-controlled-by-both-cpu-and-gpu-te

Been completed?

The second example an admin says it's a good idea, don't be surprised to see it soon... and 2 years pass.

The continuing inaction is unacceptable.
I'd say a good majority of the people who use cam would gladly use an alternative, if not more.

Don't dare mark this complete unless you actually complete it.
Time to swallow some pride, accept that you've gone off track and start again guys.

306 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VirtualInsanity shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an s340, Grid+ v2, 2x120mm Aer and 2x140mm Aer (non RGB) fans. I am never buying a product from NZXT again because of how bloated and useless CAM is. If I tried selecting anything other the silent or standard preset the fans would just go 0-max RPM over and over non-stop. The products are great as long as CAM isn't required.

Seriously, just make a non cloud-based software that controls RGB and fanspeeds. We dont need to have a cloud connection to control this stuff, just something that works properly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have refunded 2 nzxt products today purely because of cam, save yourselves the headache and do the same.

The new CAM is horrible. The previous CAM UI was very user friendly. I don't understand why they trashed their own app.

• MC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree because it gets worse and worse each release. You'd wondering what their QA are for or even have one.

I have H700i case which includes the fan control. First of all, after doing all the calibration, not only I can't select between Preset and Adaptive, all the computer fans are stopped. I am running 2 radiators cooling both CPU and GPU and CAM just decided it is good idea to stop all the fan. In order to allow the fan to start, I had do a reset which delete all the data that was collected for calibration. That is more than an hour of doing nothing on my PC...

In the end, I decided just use the fan controls from my motherboard which is much simpler and easy to do and I should of done it in the first place.

I read all the reviews of H700i case, and all of the reviewers mentioned the CAM software is really bad. I didn't really listen because I thought how bad can it be. Well, I learned my lesson not to listen to the reviewers and waste so many hours on this nonsense.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feedback has been proven to be ignored and usually "completed" with a firm No from NZXT.

Sorry saracen.rush, but you may not have previously seen all the previous requests for actually working releases of the CAM software or simply a version of the CAM software that solely controls the hardware.

When it took considerable time to have CAM even start up when you switch your PC on it has become . . .

Please note that his is not an early access release by a start-up team developing their skills (I love early access and have backed many games over many years) that is improving the software on every release, this is supposed to be a finely refined suite of software tools developed over many years.

Unfortunately it does sometimes (more often than not) take a leap back in stability and usability.

One thing I seriously recommend to NZXT is that when a release of CAM is proven to have flaws affecting customers, please roll back to the release until flaws/errors are corrected, not add new features to a flawed release.

• saracen.rush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who regularly gives feedback on reddit to an early access game, I see no constructive feedback here- just bitching.

If you want them to make CAM better, give them some real feedback on how to improve the software rather than saying it's crap, delete it or else.

It sounds incredibly childish and doesn't help anyone- including you.

Best,

In a first time, I have read a lot of good thinks of Grid+ V2 on Internet.

In the second time, before bought my Grid+ V2, I asked to NZXT, by chat online, if the product can control CPU & GPU temp to spin fans up in my watercooling PC, and the answer was yes.

After have installed product,

1 : Watercooling pump (MCP35X) is not able to be controlled by Grid.

2 : Temperature GPU fan control concerne only one card on my SLI

3: After CAM software install, GRID is detected and configured. But, after some time of utilisation, i have a usb unknown in my device manager and no more grid in CAM

Losed my investissement.

Sorry for my English, but in the same time you are lucky. With my mother tongue, commentary would been a little more spicy.
        After have installed product,

1 : Watercooling pump (MCP35X) is not able to be controlled by Grid.

2 : Temp GPU survey concerne only one card on my SLI

3: GRID

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has previously been requested by many customers and rejected by NZXT :( so don't waste you time asking :(

For me, I wasted a lot of money on NZXT products, I see many others fell into the same trap.

Email from NZXT:

-----------------------

An idea you supported has been closed. Thank you for your feedback.

Give feedback on other ideas to help us decide what to build next.

votes
        completed

make a minimal version

(No Status) → Completed

Our goal for CAM is to unify a lot of the PC monitoring/tuning functions into one app. We realize that this is a very aggressive goal but it is something we believe in very much. It is true that up to this point we have not done a good job in certain areas, but we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app.

-----------------------

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is 120% truth right here! I can honestly say that if I had seen this forum before buying the Kraken X62 I would have ran the other way and bought something different. Now that I have this product I will have to figure out how to deal with the unusable software or pawn it off on some pour soul via ebay. This is absolutely a valid reason NOT to buy any NZXT products in the future.

• Jake Arkinstall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup. Start again. With cross-platform in mind this time, and seriously reconsider your PR tactics. The shameless use of "completed" as a metaphor for "nope" is bringing your reputation down to rock bottom. I love NZXT cooling, it's great, but the software to actually have any control over it is nearly unusable on Windows (why change software to *reduce* UX? Seriously?) and completely absent in Linux (but sure, I LOVE having one of the only available coolers for my threadripper 1950x running far too loud when on my work OS).

• Marek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree. I am here just to say that this software is unusable and the only reason why not to buy NZXT cooling next time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base