Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

New CAM not as good as the old version.

Looks aside, this new CAM redesign leaves much to be desired. Please bring back the ability to see multiple GPU's on the dashboard and bring back the HUE and cooling options on the dashboard. Having to fish through menus to change HUE/Fan settings is much less intuitive than the previous version. Honestly wish I never upgraded it.

350 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Adminfan.ding (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

We are looking into bringing back the quick controls to lighting and cooling on the dashboard. It’ll replace the HDD section. What do you guys think?

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES Please fix this... it sucks now, im getting ready to do away with it because of this problem. I cant stand that I can no longer tweak all my fans individually.

• dg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i think you should have a different job if you really believe there is a little thing worth saving in the cam software. its a nightmare. the fact that it works "okay" for some should not be a measure... stop developement. start simple from the start because cam software is pure dirty work

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here as an H400i owner.

I actually like the idea of my system knowing when to ramp the fans up or down. I couldn't get it to work sadly due to an issue with the server during calibration (i have a ticket in for it and theres a bug reported here).

But that aside, I like the overlay. It's the best looking one I've ever seen.

I like that I can still use precision for my video card overclocks. So far cam plays nice with EVGA.

RGB control is fine for me with the 2 strips I have now. I really like that feature.

I know some people in here are having a different experience, and I'm not thrilled about having to do another calibration once the server issue is fixed (ramping my cpu up with its fan shut off is super scary stuff yo).

But that's my feedback. I feel like you're on the right track.

Oh and unlike a lot of people. I think the UI is attractive and I quite like the hard disk section.

But overall, this isn't a release product in its current state. You guys should have hired a few contractors to whip out enough code to make it a bit more functional before release. I get having product deadlines and having the cases in the retail stream and needing to *get* *SOMETHING* *out* *now* because of it. I get it. But a few contractors would maybe have helped you guys debug this stuff and even QA it if you brought them on site. Might have helped alleviate a lot of these comment headaches yeah?

Anyway, good luck, cant wait to see my H400i working the way its supposed to. In the meantime, I threw my old siverstone fan controller back in the case and plugged my cpu back into the cpu fan header for now.

• Justin Booth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick controls on the dashboard would be really nice, as I honestly never found the HDD section useful (although if it showed read/write speeds and load that'd be a different story).

• Steve P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think most of us just want the basic version, I don't want OC, Games etc, I just need it to turn my lights on!

If CAM is running and I play Sniper Elite 4 through Steam, it crashes the game and my saves et deleted :/ I have emailed about this but never had a resolve.

Started my pc without knowing CAM wasn't working. Fans were spinning at less than 500 RPM. Only found out when i see led weren't in spectrum RGB. Fan/Pump Control were missing. Did a full shutdown, unplug and replug cables to make it work.

i feel as if they gave full control over to the community something better would be out with in the week.

• ooglum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New version is awful. There are too many things wrong with it to even list. The top one being that most of the time, it won't even get past the login without being stopped and started. Although even better, today, it won't even start up at all.

• MATR1X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, new version is a massive backwards step. Also would be nice if you guys at nzxt would show a little bit of consideration to customers and display CAM version on download button along with changelog!

• illusionist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where is the option to set different colors and patterns to channels/kraken x62? because all we can do now is apply only 1 color/effect to all at the same time... :(

older version was much better.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@fan.ding Sure, the HDD section is the least valuable, so it could be replaced.

Don't listen to Laurent. Plenty of us like to monitor CPU, GPU, & RAM usage.

• Laurent Raufaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"We are looking into bringing back the quick controls to lighting and cooling on the dashboard. It’ll replace the HDD section. What do you guys think?"

We think it's crap. Just give us sonething to just control the hardware, we don't want any monitoring of non NZXT stuff.

• leonardratliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad I poked my head in here and took a peek and the most recent comments. I was going to install a newer version just to see what might have been fixed but not now. Seems like every release since the original one has slowly gotten worse and worse, instead of incrementally better. Sad, looks like I'll stay on 3.3.21 which is the last version that actually worked right for me.

@fan.ding yes please do this. I'm really sick of having to go in settings every time I want to change fan speed. it was great when it used to be accessible from the home screen and the mini cam mode. Also no one really cares about hdd info as this is easy to get.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be a start for sure. I was lucky enough to find the version before the change over and have been running that one. I'll upgrade when New CAM is at least as good/intuitive/works as well as 3.3.5

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that would be a nice feature. The lighting menu right now looks awful.

• Cody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The entire layout and colors and just everything was so much better on the old one.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base