Give us more freedom in fan controls for GRID+ V2
Okay, compared to the antiquated Speedfan application, CAM is severely limiting. You've got a perfectly capable fan controller that is being held back by bad software.
I want these capabilities added.
- Fan speed varies dynamically between two points on the curve
- Ability to create more than three custom profiles
- Ability to control a fan with a CPU curve and a GPU curve. This would allow an exhaust fan to ramp up if either the CPU or GPU get hot. Make it so the fan will either run at the higher of the two requested speeds, or the sum of the two (mild load on both will make exhaust go full speed)
- Ability to run fans at very low speeds. The current system is too smart for its own good. If I want 15% power on a fan, that GRID better put out 15%. If I'm asking 15%, give that to me. DON'T give me a massive spike to 100% whenever a fan needs to be turned on. If the fan stops spinning at that speed, let it stay stopped.
- This ties in to the "let fan speed vary between curve points" because if my curve ramps from 0-100%, the temperature will keep climbing, and the requested power should keep climbing with it in 1% increments until the fan starts.
- Allow us to add and remove points on the curve, as well as move them to whatever temperature and percent we want. I hate this whole 5 degree increments, with nothing between 0 and 20%.
- Also, CAM sucks big time with lower-resolution displays. with a vertical resolution of 768 pixels, the bottom buttons are always getting cut off below my taskbar, and I can't use the application properly. The GUI won't scale, so it feels really cramped and bloated at anything below full HD.
- Lastly, if you folks at NZXT really don't care enough to make your application more accommodating to the people that want a fine amount of control over everything, you can at least add the capability for the GRID+ V2 to be controlled by 3rd party applications. Give us an API or some source code AT LEAST for the fan control so that other programs like Speedfan will recognize each of the fans individually as if they were plugged into the headers on the motherboard, so that we can get our money's worth out of this fan controller that, as it stands with the current state of CAM, is no better than the 6 channel manual controller that used to sit in my 5.25" bay.
Add also the feature to set up a hysteresys so that fan do not toggle betwenn on and off for particular states
WHEN will this gets implemented ?!
2 and a half years since this has been first asked on this forum !
I've been using CAM for around 12 months now and continue to be amazed at how many junk features are added whilst serious and useful functionality remain lacking.
I asked for a feature similar to the OP's request of "Ability to control a fan with a CPU curve and a GPU curve"
I have my rad and 2x140mm fans in front of case to draw in cool fresh air.
Granted maybe not a common setup, i see many others use exhaust case air for rads.
Build this mental picture.
CAM/x61 controls 2x140mm front rad/intake fans depending on CPU temp.
I launch an app that loads up GPU, but not CPU.
GPU gets hot, gets no additional air because CAM is not considering the GPU's airflow requirements, just the needs of the CPU.
I have posted about this several times in several places and it is an important and clearly sensible request, yet 12 months later, plenty of bells and whistles added to CAM, but the important stuff still overlooked.
This is how you upset customers and turn them away from your brand in future.
If anyone needs a visual reference...
This needs to be addressed soon!
I am using V3.1.71 version because you downgrade software capabilities , but without new update i cant use cam on mobile device.
Could you create again 6 custom curves because you have 6 uotputs and set fan offset to 5% again instead od 10%?