Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

make a minimal version

Please give us a minimal version which doesn't have all the frills and consequently starts quickly and is more stable. CAM takes ages to load, which for what it is seems ridiculous.

I'd like a Minimal version that just does CPU temp and fan speed monitoring and allows for customizing cooler preferences.
No FSP overlay (that's a job for graphics cards related software)
No HDD monitoring (especially as unless you uncheck HDD it won't let your drives spin down)
No need to sign in and absolutely zero net activity from CAM.
No GPU tuning.
Just a minimal, fast and reliable tool (which minimizes to tray, and has the option to start minimized to tray).

770 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    katateochi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Adminfan.ding (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Our goal for CAM is to unify a lot of the PC monitoring/tuning functions into one app. We realize that this is a very aggressive goal but it is something we believe in very much. It is true that up to this point we have not done a good job in certain areas, but we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app.

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • katateochi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this completed?! Marking this complete is just a copout, what's the point in having feedback if you just ignore the highest scoring item and then hide it so others don't see it (and all the dissatisfied customers).
        "Our goal for CAM is to unify a lot of the PC monitoring/tuning functions into one app" and there it is, the conceptual fail behind this. Unifying everything is a programmer pipe dream, but it almost always results in cumbersome implementation, overly complex code, high maintenance overheads and poor user experience. "Divide and conquer", maybe a strategy as old as the Roman empire, but it's an effective one. Don't try to have a program that does everything badly, have several that do a few things excellently. But sadly you've opted for "monolith and migrate" as in your customers will be migrating away from this epic train wreck of a program. I Love your hardware, I've been an NZXT enthusiast since the first gen Phantom case, but I'm never buying another NZXT product that requires your software.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, this is not what I want, if I had of realised the size and nature of the CAM software, I would have not purchased NZXT products.

Thanks for NOT providing what the customer is asking for :(

"but we believe that with time and effort we can fix the bugs and optimize this app" This unfortunitly is laughable as 3.5.x has more faults than 3.3.x.

• Static_Rocket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Separate hardware control until you fix the monitoring system, then. It's your monitoring "solution" that's causing the problems.

• Laurent Raufaste commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"COMPLETED" as in you won't revisit.

Awesome, you are now selling hardware tight to a shitty piece of software bound to Windows.

Every other use case is not an option.

You lost a customer, and not a small one.

Enjoy!

• Alienmoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, In other words, You have just given us the same old reply, admitting you've fallen short, again, and even after hundreds of comments with people admitting this is an aggressive stance, you still do NOT hear the customers telling you, this is NOT what we want.

We don't give a shit what you want, it's the users you are making this far, not yourselves.
        You also promised to fix the bugs and everything else years ago, still, we receive the same old bullshit excuses.

We don't want an over a bloody bloated app, I'd like the app to be able to operate without us having to sign in all the time,... I don't know about you NZXT, we can't take the Ignorance and contempt any longer.

@Anonymous

Get with the program kid, the data mining and constant uploading has been fixed for quite some time now,... If it does upload tons of data then post the proof,... :)

I do agree that the CAM App does need work,... if my router hasn't connected to the network the CAM app refuses to log in and start without an internet connection, in turn failing to actively cool my build.

I'd like this issue to be fixed...

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zero uploads or I send my H400i back.

When I bought it, I had no idea I was paying for NZXT to data mine me using my own bandwidth.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we don't need "A COMPLETE MONITORING SOLUTION FOR YOUR PC" we just need a simple gui to control our HUE+ lights

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still waiting on this, all we want is the CAM to control the hardware that we are forced to use it for, stop re-inventing the wheel and making a square one . . .

• Freakapotamus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes an a more configurable mini dashboard. All I want is the cpu temp , liquid temp and pump speed. Storage stats are useless

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes agreed! A simpler version would be good, however i would like to still have the GPU temp as well as CPU bits.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This times 1000. The old CAM was already a bloated mess, the new one is even worse. You guys need to start from scratch and/or make a version that just monitors NZXT products.

• VirtualInsanity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Avoiding any products related to CAM, you guys are out of control.
        You take something that should be so incredibly simple and manage to turn it into a bloated nightmare and yet still manage to miss essential functionality.
        It actually takes effort to stuff up this badly.

Go back to the start and start again.
        The app needs to be slim, fast and basic, and should do nothing but deal with PC cooling.

• XTAC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And now it's worse. The mini-CAM at least let me see my coolant temp and X62 controlled fan speed. Now with the new interface, that is gone too, replaced with more things I will use any other software except CAM to keep track of.

I cannot control the X62 or monitor it's coolant temp with other applications. This is what your software is supposed to do. It seems that is no longer its primary purpose. Rolling back to prior version. That was probably a lot of development time wasted with no gains.

• Gary ? (Alienmoon) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree, most people already have their overclocking and monitoring tools. personally, NZXT for me is all about RGB and I including hundreds of others would whole heartily welcome a version of CAM without all the bells and whistles.

A version that just controls the RGB devices, HUE+, AER fans and Grid and lastly the Kraken,... I add the grid because it's NZXT and people do attach their RGB fans, I can't see a problem providing a slimmed down version, so I can't understand why NZXT is so against this option.

Thankfully, there are now a few people making alternative builds to CAM, the only issue some coders are having is with the USB protocols with the Krakens, mainly because they don't own a Kraken to do the testing with and the USB protocols aren't in the public domain.

This is the only reason why I can't use the alternatives at the moment, though I will be moving to an alternative application as soon as the Kraken has been added.

Question to NZXT:... what is the reason why you'll not release the code to the public domain, so open source coders can help make it a far superior application?... this will also help your application become a much better experience for all your customers.

• kodenma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Necessary function
        ・Temperature acquisition of CPU and GPU
        ・Various hardware control software

There are a lot of people who do not need other functions
        Please develop a new [CAM Light] to get popularity

• EnricdelCamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They could make a minimal version of CAM just for control Kraken/Hue/Grid ligths and settings related with this. Not for monitor all the computer settings. And it whould be offline whit no sing in services.
        I download this program just for that an sometimes doesn't make it properly.

I sugest...

@kusti8

There is another guy on here who made an alternative app for the NZXT Grid+, and he did also start one for the HUE+ and Kraken's, however, he stopped development because of issues with the not knowing the USB Protocols or something like that.

What devices does this actually control to date?

I've the HUE+ and Kraken x62, I'll also be receiving a set AER RGB Fans, does this control all NZXT products?

Either way, This is appreciated, Thank you

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base