Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Allow us to specify temperature offsets per sensor or specify different sensors altogether. My cpu's temperature sensor is wrong

Allow us to specify a sensor temperature offset in order to correct the reported cpu temperature.

Or, alternatively, allow us to shift the points on the custom fan curves horizontally to counter the temperature difference.

Or, alternatively, allow us to choose from a list of different temperature sensors.

My CPU temperature, according to CAM, is approximately -20C from my real temperature. Resetting my CMOS does not change anything. Updating my BIOS does not change anything.

My processor (AMD FX-8320e) has always reported a temperature which is about 20C below what the actual temperature is.

My motherboard's (ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0) socket temperature sensor reports a more accurate temperature.

For example: The room is maybe 21C. The reported cpu temperature in CAM is 16C (idle). In CoreTemp, the reported temp is 16C (idle). In HWMonitor, my motherboard's cpu socket temperature reports 36C (idle).

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using an Athlon X4 880K but also have a difference of approx. 20 degrees difference between what CAM shows and HWMonitor or UEFI. Would be nice to set to sensor I want to use.

Feedback and Knowledge Base