Think I found out why CAM has been refusing to open after restarting/shutting down PC (For me atleast, hopefully this helps others aswell)
If CAM would open after a clean install but would refuse to open after PC had restart or shutdown (or would just refuse to open eventually) then hopefully this will help you.
After trying to reinstall multiple times, trying all the suggestions from the admins and banging my head against my desk for a while, it turns out the problem was my actual CAM account...
After a fresh install of CAM and creating a fresh account with a secondary email CAM is working fine.
The exact steps I to are...
- Uninstall CAM (again!!!)
- Restart PC
- Download the latest version of CAM (in my case V3.3.1)
- Reinstall CAM but DO NOT SIGN INTO CAM!
- Proceed as a guest to make sure everything is running properly
- Restart PC to see if CAM opens on start-up (if you use this function)
- On the CAM log in screen click link to create a new account
- Log-in to CAM using new account
This fixed CAM for me and it is running the way it was meant to.
Make sure you have downloaded and installed any other updates/software recommended by CAM notifications (like the 'DirectX End User Runtime' from Microsoft)
I hope this helps some people out, good luck
where do you get 3.3.1? I only see 3.3.0.