Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

HUE+ Audio EQ mode - Each LED should have its own frequency range and volume for more reactiveness

If each LED on the strip were assigned to a different frequency range on the EQ and given the same 1-8+ levels of color for volume, it would add an entirely different element to the reactiveness to audio and (especially on EDM where it's largely at full volume) be more than just a full-volume color bar that's barely moving, which is what the Audio setting really does now. Being able to adjust the sensitivity as well would be nice in all areas of the audio setting-I know it's BETA, but this would totally make it perfect, especially the EQ part.

115 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Parrella shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Duy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 things.

- Please give an option to let the Hue+ cycle through colors in bass mode.

- Please allow us to link custom programs with the Hue+ so it can automatically switch to bass mode when I play my music with my music player, and open many more possibilities.

- Please bring back the comet marquee with color layers, we love it.

Thanks for the hard work.

• Aden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have all LEDS lit at same time and overlay the audio strip, and a mode where the audio makes the colour change rather than a moving line

• LoganMer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to post this idea and I am glad someone already has. Something that would make this even more amazing would be to have another mode where the LEDs are a spectrum analyzer in which the ones at the start are the lower frequencies and the end are the highest. The LEDs would change brightness based off of amplitude and change color based off of the key of the song. The key-color scheme could then be customized overall and perhaps per LED using profiles to make assigning multiple at once easier. For an example on what I mean when I refer to the color changing based off of the key, the Nintendo 3DS has a music player in which one of it's visualizers (namely the spectrum analyzer) changes color as the chord progression changes based off of the underlying chord the song is using.

• Maurits Versluis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, i've seen that the audio mode has been in beta for quite a while now, but the way it is now... i just don't really like it even though leds reacting to audio is one of my favorite things to get implemented into this device.

And then, i saw this video on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewHK7zBk4A&list=FLMFrsU_crZWQ8kYWyFZzSpQ

What he did was using stepfiles to generate a visual with the leds. And because stepfiles are a match with the most obvious melody (like he describes in the video) it is truely perfect for rendering.

Now, my idea, although i'm not sure if this is even possible:
    Make NZXT Cam able to connect with spotify (or any other music application that the user could be using) and make it ask for the current playing song (and time). Make it look up the stepfiles related to that song and then sync them with the song.

This would make the effect much greater and alot more beautiful (just like in the video)

I hope you guys got some inspiration out of this :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base