Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

More precise control over fan speed for Grid+ V2

I have 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B12-4 fans (speed: 2400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 3.3 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.32A, Input Power: 3.84W, Connection: 3-pin) and 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B14-3 fans (speed: 1400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 4.0 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.19A, Input Power: 2.28W, Connection: 3-pin) all connected to the Grid+ V2 fan controller.

Currently, the CAM software (v3.1.2) allows us to change the value of the fan speed when creating a new custom mode curve by increments of 5%. Any chance you can, instead, let us increase that value by increments of 1%? Even better, can you just let us enter the actual voltage value that we want instead of a percentage out of 12v. This will give the user a much more precise control over his/hers fans.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Liron Bainglass shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im on version 3.3 and Im having issues with my grid custom fan curve for GPU. The max we can set the fan speed is at 75 degrees. Right now I have my AER fans hitting 50% once the gpu is 70 or 75 degrees. The problem is that once the gpu temp hits 80 the grid sets my aer fans to 100% which is way too loud...can you please add more dot points for the custom fan curve? preferable 80, 85, 90?

• Andres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool to have this option so our fans will automatically speed up when a constant 100% load in GPU or CPU happens, so we don't have to wait for the temperature to rise.

Feedback and Knowledge Base