Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Better GPU fan control in cam 3.1

In the latest version of Cam 3.1, the GPU overclocking tool has limitations with the gpu fan even with manual or custom setting it wont go bellow 40% fan speed yet with MSI afterburner i can have it from 20%(0speed) to 100%, also an option to disable this so that if i have issues with your overclocking tool i can use Afterburner without conflict.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  fan.ding responded  · 

Hi guys,
With version 3.1.2, CAM will not override your BIOS settings. If you change your fan profile, you can always revert to the BIOS setting by clicking on “Reset Settings”. We are looking into allowing fan percentages lower than 40%.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have refrained from using CAM solely due to this reason. I have a Vapor-x that has 3 fans, of which only 1 runs till the 30% threshold where the other fans start spinning as well. I don't see the point of limiting it because there are other competing programs that allow that option and it seems sensible to put it in a program that lets you control your PC components. Maybe have a warning check-mark that you have to click telling you not to set the fans too low at a higher temp?

indeed, i have a Sapphire R9 Fury and thus i use the Sapphire TRIXX program. CAM is pretty nifty but the 40% fan speed limitation is a no-no, since TRIXX allow me to make a more in-deep customization and keep the card fanless (0%) past the point i want.

Please fix this, CAMcrew

• Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to not reduce the fan speed below 40% and temps below 20 degrees are a real killer. If these could be changed to function the same as MSI Afterburner it would mean one less app to run. Please admins, allow speeds lower than 40% and temps under 20. My GTX980SC doesn't normally run a fan till it hits 60 degrees anyway.

I want the option to disable the control of the GPU fan. I have an ASUS GTX960 Strix OC which has its fans disabled under a certain temperature.
    Please fix this

Feedback and Knowledge Base