Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Fully Customisable LEDs on HUE+

It would be great if they made it so there was an interface you could make your own LED patterns on. (Or at least making it open source so techy people could do it - idk if this is already a thing)

This could be expanded by being able to share your patterns with other cam users.

There is LOADS of potential in this product. I would love to see a subreddit with lots of active users contributing their new patterns.

From NZXT point of view - if they had a page on their website where users could share patterns, it would bring more traffic to their website. If they got involved with the subreddit they could do competitions for the best new patterns, giveaways etc.

PLEASE NZXT - Devote some good people to this and make the HUE the must have PC mod of 2016!

160 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam Hughes shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  fan.ding responded  · 

Hi Adam,
Sorry for the very late response. We are considering opening up the SDK so we can have users program their own modes and share with other users. This project will require some time to build out and we currently have other higher priority tasks we are working on. However, I can tell you that we have more cool modes coming, especially for gamers.

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alienmoon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@kusti8

There is another guy on here who made an alternative app for the NZXT Grid+, and he did also start one for the HUE+ and Kraken's, however, he stopped development because of issues with the not knowing the USB Protocols or something like that.

What devices does this actually control to date?

I've the HUE+ and Kraken x62, I'll also be receiving a set AER RGB Fans, does this control all NZXT products?

Either way, This is appreciated, Thank you

• Ben Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This and integrating with aura and similar systems is what I'd be most excited about. Heck, community members might even be able to develop some of this for y'all.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for a developer SDK/API access and shareable custom profiles.

I have a few modes in mind that aren't currently possible through the existing GUI

I agree. I thought this would already be available when I bought the product. If this is done then they wouldnt even have to update the Hue again, all new features can be created from by the community

+1 to this, but I'd go a step farther to request API access to the LEDs. I'd like to integrate them into a color matching system that could respond to changes on screen.

• Jeffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very nice! Also having a community and sharing your patterns would be so awesome.

Feedback and Knowledge Base