Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

Profiles need more fan speeds per temperature

As of current the kraken operates with default profiles with 6 total points of adjustment. My suggestion would be to increase the amount of points to prevent from fans constantly revving up and revving down. Doubling the amount of points could prevent this problem. If you look at the default silent profile between 50C and 55C there is a huge fan speed change to prevent overheating but the fans jump from 35% to 55% which for fans with no softened increase cause sound annoyances. I'm starting to regret purchasing this product because of this huge flaw.

TL:DR More points of data on grid allows smoother transfer of fan speed without compromising cooling ability.

Thanks In Advance.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Justin Valerio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  fan.ding responded  · 

Hi Justin,
Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking at this idea and others to smooth the transition between fan speeds. I will post a reply here once we’ve reached a consensus.

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nerio Lab. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fans ON/OFF differential 5 degree.
    To avoid short time fans work all fans systems have minimum time period, for Grid+ temperature differential should be used.

• Niels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news yet? Currently the limited amount of points is the only downside of purchasing the kraken.

• Magnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Donny Atkins - This would be awesome and should be easy enough to implement for NZXT.

• Donny Atkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing to add: One of the major benefits of the GRID V2 is the ability to set fans to 0% under a certain temperature. The issue is once they hit the temperature to turn on they immediately ramp to 100% for a couple seconds (presumably for RPM sense) and then settle back down to the setpoint based on temp. This can be very loud and also somewhat defeats the purpose of 0% settings.

It would be nice if there was either a manual setting to fine tune fan starting voltage (as voltage or %) OR if the software could automatically determine what the minimum voltage needed to get a fan to start spinning was and remember it.

• Justin Valerio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the things that furiate me. The loud RPM switches are more annoying than the regular fan sounds.

• Lars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. More than important. The fan management is really not satisfying yet...

Feedback and Knowledge Base