CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

Have an idea you would like to see implemented? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. New CAM not as good as the old version.

Looks aside, this new CAM redesign leaves much to be desired. Please bring back the ability to see multiple GPU's on the dashboard and bring back the HUE and cooling options on the dashboard. Having to fish through menus to change HUE/Fan settings is much less intuitive than the previous version. Honestly wish I never upgraded it.

460 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      under review  ·  fan.ding responded

We are looking into bringing back the quick controls to lighting and cooling on the dashboard. It’ll replace the HDD section. What do you guys think?

• PUBG Support???

Be nice if CAM supported Player Unknown's Battlegrounds! I really enjoy the CAM software, I use it all the time. But why no support for PUBG?

I play this game daily, would really like to see all the stats for it while playing. Thanks.

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Richard,
        We are working hard to get it working for PUBG. We are currently having a problem working with games protected by EasyAntiCheat and are looking into a possible solution. We’ve gotten a lot of requests for PUBG and will do our best to fix that issue as soon as possible.

• Connect with ASUS Aura Sync, so that a build's RGB are unified.

This means that the HUE+, Aer, and Kraken can then display the same light as an ASUS GPU/Mobo that uses their own 'Aura' display system. Maybe a RGB hub? Or just an open communication between the two so that the users can mix/match components and still get a cohesive light theme!

643 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          under review  ·  harry.nong responded

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback and interest in this feature. At the moment we are looking into this along with other potential candidates. We will keep you guys updated as we get more information.

Thanks!

• Increase the Tuning Overclock ranges to be on par with other software.

The Power Limit is capped at 110% but the 1080Ti FE has a cap of 120%, the EVGA FTW3 has a cap of 127% and the EVGA K|NGP|N has a cap of 130% power limit. Just to give an example.

The Memory Frequency has a cap of 600 offset, but my 1080Ti FE is stable at +750 which I can't select.

There is no voltage slider which is included in the other two OC software. I use that to obtain the best overclock possible.

Sort of unrelated but one of the reasons I can't use CAM Tuning to overclock my…

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for letting us know! We will raise the power limit and memory frequency in a future update. As for voltage control and a frame limiter, we are looking into adding those features. Look for some updates soon!

• Remove 40% minimum limit on the GPU fans.

Today I'm using msi afterburner with a fairly relaxed fan curve, because I use two Noctua NF-F12's as GPU fans. I would love to just use, the Cam software, but since Cam only lets me set my gpu fans to 40% minimum, that results in 1440 rpm (1500max) on my noctua fans.

Please remove this limitation, as it has nothing to do with the Grid limitations, and it's bound to the GPU. Afterburner has no issues with running my fans down to 1%.

45 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,
              We’re looking at removing the 40% restriction. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

• Day and Night Modes

Would like an option to setup times, for people that don't need the lights on all day long.

250 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,
                This is an excellent suggestion. Sorry it took us so long to respond. We are mostly working on stability and fixing bugs for CAM right now. When we feel the time is right, we will definitely consider adding this option. This would be a great smart mode.

• Better GPU fan control in cam 3.1

In the latest version of Cam 3.1, the GPU overclocking tool has limitations with the gpu fan even with manual or custom setting it wont go bellow 40% fan speed yet with MSI afterburner i can have it from 20%(0speed) to 100%, also an option to disable this so that if i have issues with your overclocking tool i can use Afterburner without conflict.

56 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,
                  With version 3.1.2, CAM will not override your BIOS settings. If you change your fan profile, you can always revert to the BIOS setting by clicking on “Reset Settings”. We are looking into allowing fan percentages lower than 40%.

• Fully Customisable LEDs on HUE+

It would be great if they made it so there was an interface you could make your own LED patterns on. (Or at least making it open source so techy people could do it - idk if this is already a thing)

This could be expanded by being able to share your patterns with other cam users.

There is LOADS of potential in this product. I would love to see a subreddit with lots of active users contributing their new patterns.

From NZXT point of view - if they had a page on their website where users could share patterns,…

159 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Adam,
                    Sorry for the very late response. We are considering opening up the SDK so we can have users program their own modes and share with other users. This project will require some time to build out and we currently have other higher priority tasks we are working on. However, I can tell you that we have more cool modes coming, especially for gamers.

• Combine Presets

I would love to combine smart mode with presets. For example, if i reach 70° it starts to strobe in red or maybe "it takes fire" with candlelight preset.

23 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a really good suggestion. We’ll take these into consideration as we add more variety to the lighting modes.

• Profiles need more fan speeds per temperature

As of current the kraken operates with default profiles with 6 total points of adjustment. My suggestion would be to increase the amount of points to prevent from fans constantly revving up and revving down. Doubling the amount of points could prevent this problem. If you look at the default silent profile between 50C and 55C there is a huge fan speed change to prevent overheating but the fans jump from 35% to 55% which for fans with no softened increase cause sound annoyances. I'm starting to regret purchasing this product because of this huge flaw.

TL:DR More points of…

64 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Justin,
                        Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking at this idea and others to smooth the transition between fan speeds. I will post a reply here once we’ve reached a consensus.

• Make the fans be controlled by both CPU and GPU temp on the Grid+ simultaneously

I want to control the fans on my grid+ based off both CPU and GPU simultaneously,

So take the scenario, where I have a more graphics intensive application. I have to currently switch over to a profile that adjusts the fans based on GPU temps, If I then start using a CPU intensive application I have to again change the profile to one that adjusts based on CPU.

Instead I want a single profile that allows me to define a graph for my cpu and gpu, then basically if the graph for the GPU has a higher fan speed than…

137 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is an excellent suggestion! What you are saying is that we allow users to create a “smart” profile depending on whether the CPU or GPU or both is getting hot. Don’t be surprised to see this feature soon.

• Bunch of ideas to become a single monitoring solution on the PC

Great, cute, clean UI. Thank you, amazing work.

1) Is there an API to this system? I want to add system status as passive check result to external monitoring tool like nagios/shinken/icinga/zenoss/zabbix/sensu/riemann/...whatever.

2) Add external plugins support, or provide sdk/api to add custom checks. It will be nice to add something like yet-another-nagios-style-plugin + widget for graphic which appears at the dashboard.

For example, I want to see network connection status on the screen: package loss and ping value. Those are crucial metrics for anyone.

In the end I want to uninstall rainmeter, speedfan, cpuZ, NRPE and use CAM to…

85 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
                            Thanks for the great suggestions. Here are some answers:
                            1) We don’t have a public API yet but this is something we are strongly considering creating one.
                            2) This is also a feature we are considering and may add in the future.
                            Sorry the answers cannot be more definitive at this point but know that these ideas are being considered internally and that we appreciate the feedback.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base