CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. When your Wallpapers Cycle to other wallpapers the Hue+ system pick's that up and trys to match the current wallpapers color with the LED's

Its simple wallpaper changes hue+ identifies the most common color in the picture and adjust accordingly , this is for people who have a lot of wallpapers and like to cycle thru them but also want the PC lights to match the current wallpaper

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications - Criteria needs to be true for x seconds option

hey,

it would be great if there would be a option for the notifications which sets that the notification will only get send if the temp/load is over that value for X seconds.

My CPU temp jumps over 80 for a second sometimes and the notifications about that are getting annoying.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customizable resolution in full screen UI

Customizable resolution in full screen UI

It would be nice to be able to customize the full screen UI resolution since I use CAM on my third monitor (1280x800) and a lot of the information is overlapping.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CAM software makes me apprehensive about their products

Out of all the software I use the CAM software surely crashes the most. Its extremely unstable, constantly pesters me to login via Facebook and makes me never want to purchase another product from this company again.

The watercooler I have works great otherwise, but if I don't run the NZXT software, then the watercooler runs extremely loud.

Please redo this software, it is simply not a working solution. Even if this was some sort of prototype/alpha software I'd be somewhat disappointed, but this is supposed to be production ready.

No other benchmarking or hardware monitoring software I have has…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please allow us to control fan speed based on "any highest" temperature.

CAM currently allows me to set my fan speed based on one of LIQUID, CPU *or* GPU.

The Kraken is the main air-inlet to my case, I would like to be able to increase the fan speed when *any* of the above increases in temperature (preferably with 3 graphs).

Currently if I select GPU temperature then I could be running CPU-intensive tasks without adequate cooling (and vice-versa).

I CPU/GPU combo would be good enough (coolant temp is more controllable).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lighting for NZXT Kraken X62 lighting doesn't change

I am having problems with my Cam software. When I try to change my lighting in my Kraken x62, the color just stays on blue (Standard Color). I think that the old Cam version was much better before. Please, please, please fix this in the next update! Spent more money on x62 because of the lights, and its very anoying that it doesn't work.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Show all the CPU cores in multiple CPU systems - also RAM temperatures.

I am sure not many people have this issue, but I am running CAM on essentially a server motherboard that has dual CPU's. When I look at my temperature information in something like HWInfo, I can see both CPU's as well as temperatures for each core of each CPU. This winds up being 16 cores on my machine (8 cores per cpu). When I view the temperature data using CAM, it only gives me 8 cores. I unplugged the coolant pump on CPU2 and ran a stress test. I can confirm that the temperatures being shown in CAM are only…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fans oscillate between 0% to 100% rpm every 10 seconds

I have the same problem with the 3.3.1 version.

The fan RPMs keep oscillating up and down. I can see that the fan wattage is constantly changing.

i have 4 bequiet pwm SilentWings 3.

Please help !

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. App scaling

I would like the main CAM page to scale to whatever size window.
    When the program opens it has a rather small default size.

When you maximize the page, it gives you a different look.
    I want the way it looks when the app starts up, to be able to scale to any size page.

I use a micro monitor affixed to my pc to monitor my pc with CAM software, but nee to make custom resolutions to get the default app size to fill the screen completely, without maximizing and changing the visual layout.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. audio mode (sensitivity slider)

I noticed that in Audio Mode, the the lightings does not reach to the highest level. This mainly because the output sound is not relatively high with respect to the software's standards. It would be of great help if there is a Sensitivity Slider wherein the User can adjust the Minimum/Maximum Level of sound where the lights will be triggered.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CPU Fan speed.

Dont put CPU/GPU fan speed on the basic front page.
    1. it doesnt recognise my motherboard (Asus Maximuss VIII Hero) While a fan is attached.
    2. My pc is watercooled so no fan on the GPU
    3. N/A or 0 is just plain annoying and useless info.
    Are older versions still available for download?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. UWP Universal Windows Platform App

Now it easy to rewrite or port your app to UWP which not only allows for easy propagation via windows store but also would enable relatively easy Windows 10 mobile entry.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CAM ideas

Add fan curve editor for both kraken and grid+ that's similar to MSI Afterburner. Allow pump speed control for kraken x61, x41, and x31. Editor to allow users to create their own lighting effects for hue+. Add separate FX per led strip, per channel. Rename Wave light effect to Knight Rider (lol, couldn't help myself). Use msi afterburner as inspiration to create a much more complex overlooking tool. In app feedback and bug report. DirectX12 overlay support. Cpu overclocking tool. Preset static pressure and airflow setting for kraken (and maybe grid+) for people who use one type of fan or…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. liquid temp on the dashboard with other temps (ass well for the mobile app)

in the older version of cam, the liquit temprature was visable on the dashboard and now its gone, i would really like to see al the temprature's on one page and not needing to switch between screens! also i would like to see my water temprature on the app on my mobile phone.

second but not that importand. i am running a black/gray theme on my desktop with some dark neon wallpapers to match my rgb in my pc case and i would like to set a difrent background, just another color. especialy during night the white screen is to…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow us to specify temperature offsets per sensor or specify different sensors altogether. My cpu's temperature sensor is wrong

Allow us to specify a sensor temperature offset in order to correct the reported cpu temperature.

Or, alternatively, allow us to shift the points on the custom fan curves horizontally to counter the temperature difference.

Or, alternatively, allow us to choose from a list of different temperature sensors.

My CPU temperature, according to CAM, is approximately -20C from my real temperature. Resetting my CMOS does not change anything. Updating my BIOS does not change anything.

My processor (AMD FX-8320e) has always reported a temperature which is about 20C below what the actual temperature is.

My motherboard's (ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0)…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix CAM

Please it’s extremely buggy...

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make H500i work with Asus Aura

My experience with CAM has been awful. CAM randomly stopped recognizing my H500i and I had to do a fresh install of the software and it always uses cpu and disk in the background. I will not buy another NZXT product so long as CAM is needed. Great products, horrible software shoved down your throat.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give us an option to set the pattern speed in HUE+ according to the GPU/CPU load

I think it would be nice to have an option in HUE+ where you can make it so the "interval" value on HUE+ (or maybe brightness for those profiles that have a fixed color) depends on our GPU / CPU load. For example:

CPU/GPU load at less than 10%: Pattern stopped / lights off
    CPU/GPU load at 10-30%: Interval: Slowest
    CPU/GPU load at 30-50%: Interval: Slow
    CPU/GPU load at 50-70%: Interval: Medium
    CPU/GPU load at 70-90%: Interval: fast
    CPU/GPU load at 90-100%: Interval: fastest

Maybe add a "check every X seconds" so users won't turn crazy because their lights go…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi,
    Sorry for the late response. This is a great idea and we will add the feature in an update soon!

19. Make the light of the Hue + less brightness

I have a idea i hope that the team read it , the Hue + lighting is strong at night , and i wish that we can control the brightness of the light at night and make it good at night use and for our eyes

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CAM stuck loading at 95%

CAM stuck loading at 95%
    As the title says my CAM won't let me log in anymore and is always getting stuck at 95%

I tried launching as admin and restarting several times.

When i tried to log in as guest, the software just hangs for about 2 minutes and then crashes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base