CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Reverse HUE+ LED strip directions

An idea for a future CAM release: it would be nice to be able to reverse the direction of either or both strands of lights on the HUE+ using CAM. Due to my case design, the current setup forces the "marquee" theme lights to travel from the same corner, to the same corner, instead of "chasing" each other. If I was able to use CAM to cause one channel to run the opposite direction, that would be cool.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  fan.ding responded

This feature is planned. Look for an update soon!

2. Hue+ program link

It would be awesome if there was a way to link programs to the different profiles on hue+. That way when you open up spotify or whatever music player it switches to an audio profile or have different color profiles for different games and so on.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new user here. CAM software is hoooorible!! keeps asking me to sign in despite having signed in multiple times already!!

new user here. CAM software is hoooorible!! keeps asking me to sign in despite having signed in multiple times already!!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give users the option of profile storage on hard drive or hue device

Just a thought but as I understand it the system stores the profiles on the computer hard drive rather than on the controller device its self. I understand that this is due to the likely hood of frequent profile rewrites resulting in deterioration in memory. I suggest that instead you give the user the option to turn this on or off as a feature (with off being default). Adding this feature would mean the app would not have to actually be open, led configurations loads would be almost instantaneous upon computer startup and if the memory deteriorates to "low" levels…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. start before signing in windows

It would be nice if cam could start before login to windows.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dashboard section shows summary of all 6 fans like the cpu and gpu load and temp

The Dashboard should be the Single Pane of Glass you want open but it only displays the performance for 1 of the 6 fans you have in grid+. why not display each controlled fan like the CPU and GPU load but smaller. group them all together at the bottom. no need to be able to change the settings there. we can always go to the grid+ tab to change settings.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. CPU fan curve customization very limited

The preset fan curves for X42 in CAM are very limited. There is little to no modification allowed to them. It would be nice to see more flexibility in modifying these as currently, you only have access to changing CPU fan inbetween 25 and 75 degrees! what is that?

This is very limiting and is rather poor in my view. Having spent cash on additional fans it would be nice to harness the extra power they have with a more flexible fan curve(s).

If there is something i can do or if there is something i'm missing please tell me.…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for new AMD hardware.

AMD recently released their new generation of CPUs & GPUs. I have the Radeon 5700 XT and CAM shows no metrics for it.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add compatibility with the new AMD drivers for Radeon VII

The new AMD Adrenalin 19.5.1 software with a Radeon VII as GC doesn't seem compatible with the current CAM version, doesn't display temperatures nor fan speeds, please add the support for it! Thank you in advance :-)

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download

Please Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download.

It would be useful to have a stand-alone module to control Hue+ in order to eliminate the need for the CAM interface to the hardware in situations where users already run other software for OC and tweeking. It should also have a "refresh and detect hardware" button/option built in so that Hue+ devices could be scanned for on the PC and a connection could be re-established. CAM only shows the Hue+ when the software detects the device, and so there is no way to scan for…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display data in traybar

I do like the new layout of CAM 2.0, however I still miss traybar options like SpeeFan or CoreTemp use. I use both of these tools to display my CPU and GPU temps in the traybar, maybe even load of RAM and CPU.
    It would be great if CAM could implement this as well so I can use it as a standalone monitoring tool

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi Alexander,
    We have a widget form CAM coming in the next update in a few weeks. It’s not exactly the same as the tray display but it will occupy very little space and display the most important stats.

12. Multi GPU monitor on dash board.

What the heck happened to multiple gpu monitor?????? How can I roll back from 3.5.0????

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improved fan custom curves

I would like to see total freedom with setting a custom fan curve in CAM. It's currently very limited. I would like to be able to set point from 0-100C from 0-max RPM and have it based on the temp of the actual CPU package rather than liquid temp. Other than that its been great!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fan profile shortcuts

Made shortcut for changing fan profile mode so we can change the fan profile from games whitout minimize the games.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make simple panel sizable

for use on case stats monitor

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CAM Mobile not syncing with Desktop All PC OFF

CAM Mobile always showing my PC is OFF even if it's ON.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New version compatible with ASUS AURA SYNC?

For a new version, better to put an option "Compatible with ASUS AURA SYNC" for RGB, and fewer errors that in the mobile application does not work.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the open source community to help build a linux version

If you can't commit resources to a linux version, then please consider creating an open source project that the community can build for you. Just supply the hardware interface protocols. I'm sure someone in the community will jump in to manage the project and liaise with your programmers for requirements etc.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CAM Mobile Version Push Notifications

I would like to see push notifications for the cam mobile app. That way when the notification criteria is triggered the cam mobile app will push a notification message to the mobile phone home screen.

There's been a few times notifications were triggered but I was away from my computer and didn't know until I got back because I don't constantly monitor the CAM Mobile application for notifications.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add option to force CAM start on another display.

Many people these days, like myself, have a second monitor.
    And every single time i open my computer i have to move CAM to my second monitor.
    By adding an option to select which monitor it starts or simply making CAM remember which display coordinates it last was, this extra step will no longer be required.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base