CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Fan colors should work with Google home atleast via IFTT

Smart homes are the future, you would boost up your sales with that for sure! .. also I would be able to automatise the colors of my pc case via my voice :)
    Now I change light colors in my room via google home and have to set matching colors with the app to my case.. lame.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fan curve based on CPU and GPU temperature?

An relatively old program called SpeedFan had an option to set a CPU and a GPU fan curve for each fan and automatically apply the higher value of each curve so that the fans turn on if the CPU or the GPU gets too hot. I would love a feature like that in CAM because often your GPU gets hot while gaming although your CPU stays cool or the CPU get hot while rendering although the GPU stays cool.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add to support PUBG .

Please add to support PUBG .

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. you made cam bad

there is no history now

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Keybinds/Hotkeys for changing Hue+ lighting profiles

It would be nice to be able to assign different lighting profiles to a hotkey or be able to cycle through a few different profiles with a hotkey much like Corsair's software for their strafe keyboards.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ambient light

Hey NZXT, I totally love colors and lights, so I've bought some Philips Hue Lamps (yeah, that's a coincidence ;)) and fired Screenbloom up, which was able to sort lamps into custom defined areas on my screen. So if I am watching a movie and the corners are like, for example, in a bluish color, it takes the average color of these areas.
    It works by making screenshots multiple times. you can customize it. So, is it possible to do something with the App? It would be awesome if the app was somehow able to capture the screen. I know…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Replace the Dev Team for CAM. They can't get it done. .

This software is trash. Every time that I start up my PC, I'm never surprised about finding yet another issue with CAM. My most common issue is the software not recognizing MAIN computer components, my GPU, and sometimes even my processor. My second most common issue is that between updates, and sometimes even for no reason at all, CAM loses my saved lighting and performance profiles, over and over, and even though NZXT states that theyve fixed this, in EVERY SINGLE UPDATE, it's never been fixed. I've attempted multiple re-installations, messing with drivers, messing with even my BIOS, and yet,…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. GRID+ v2 Improvments

Hi,

I just recently bought a GRID+ 2 for my system and attached six EK-Vardar F4-120 2200 RPM fans to it, but I got some issues, not specifically with those fans, but with the CAM Software in general.

1. It does not autostart in Windows 10, even if I manually add it to a task. It seems like the CAM Launcher is broken for some reason. Uninstall, reinstall, clean all installed files etc. did not help.

2. The fan control is ok, but I'd prefer if you could add 5% values instead of those 10% because my fans are making…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More precise control over fan speed for Grid+ V2

I have 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B12-4 fans (speed: 2400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 3.3 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.32A, Input Power: 3.84W, Connection: 3-pin) and 2x Noiseblocker E-Loop B14-3 fans (speed: 1400 RPM ±10%, Voltage Range: 4.0 - 12.0 V DC, Input Current: 0.19A, Input Power: 2.28W, Connection: 3-pin) all connected to the Grid+ V2 fan controller.

Currently, the CAM software (v3.1.2) allows us to change the value of the fan speed when creating a new custom mode curve by increments of 5%. Any chance you can, instead, let us increase that value by increments of 1%? Even…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Network/Internet Activity Graphs

There are many network/internet monitoring programs out there that can be used for inspiration, but these are the features that come to my mind:

1. Graph showing periodic pings to a given IP/web-address. The user can enter "google.com" and/or their website's address, for example, and set it to ping ever second or minute. This would act as a heart beat of the user's connection to the website(s) or the internet in general.
    2. Graph showing internet upload/download speeds. Maybe have the program conduct an internet speed test periodically (a period prescribed by the user) to show how the speeds differ…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CAM V3.6.0

Version 3.6.0? Was this a joke?? I can't set a custom fan curve after 55 degrees and the software automatically takes it to 100% fan speed, within 5 degrees. Why NZXT? Do you know what this does? When I am in a game and my CPU temperature is fluctuating between 55 and 60 degrees, my PC sounds like it's on a roller coaster. And why can't I do the fan curve myself exceeding 55 degrees? There is no need for the fans to spin at 100% speed at 60 degrees, blimey.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For those still having problems after installing version 3.6.3, if you are on the Overclocking section and you click on the down arrow next to standard and select custom, you will be able to modify the fan curves. If you are doing this and still having problems, please send your logs so we can verify what’s wrong on your setup. Thanks.

12. Resize Window

Seems like an absolute basic/default thing for ANY program window to be adjustable by mouse. You know like it has been for the last 30 years, so if you could make that happen that'd be just dandy.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add new Hue+ light effects

Some ideas I think you should add are a twinkling effect (like stars) or something like Spectrum Wave except make it so we can customize the colors in the Spectrum.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customize the full screen UI

It would be nice to be able to customize the full screen UI since I use CAM on my second monitor (1400x1050) and a lot of the information is overlapping.

So if we could choose what gets displayed and have the choice to move it around, that would be nice. I personally don't care for storage and network usage especially when it's cutting off my CPU and GPU information.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. User Interface Enhancement - Custom Views

The look and feel of the charts, text, font, and icons in 3.3.50 is great.
    Added functionality allowing users to resize and re-position component containers, as well as being able to select what data is displayed within them, would provide a much further degree of usability.

Different users have different needs; having the ability to create their own dashboard information relevant to their specific needs is a major win. Developers - when designing this; easy of use is key. Don't reinvent the wheel. I.e. click and drag, pop ups, right click control options.

Later on, further customization options to font…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Offline mode for CAM or Stable version of CAM

there are always been problems for logging in CAM.

please test it before release new version.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Combine Presets

I would love to combine smart mode with presets. For example, if i reach 70° it starts to strobe in red or maybe "it takes fire" with candlelight preset.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

This is a really good suggestion. We’ll take these into consideration as we add more variety to the lighting modes.

18. PUBG Support???

Be nice if CAM supported Player Unknown's Battlegrounds! I really enjoy the CAM software, I use it all the time. But why no support for PUBG?

I play this game daily, would really like to see all the stats for it while playing. Thanks.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi Richard,
    We are working hard to get it working for PUBG. We are currently having a problem working with games protected by EasyAntiCheat and are looking into a possible solution. We’ve gotten a lot of requests for PUBG and will do our best to fix that issue as soon as possible.

19. Support for new AMD hardware.

AMD recently released their new generation of CPUs & GPUs. I have the Radeon 5700 XT and CAM shows no metrics for it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More Control...

I'd love to be able to have more custom modes. I'd also love to have more control over the percentages. One of my fans with LEDs doesn't like 40%, but it's too loud at 50%. Sure would be nice to set it at 45%, but that's not an option... The CAM software looks very nice, and is definitely on the right track, but it needs to be more functional. The type of person buying a Grid 2 Fan Controller doesn't so much care about what the software looks like, it needs to function more than anything. It's very pretty, just…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base