CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Change proflie by time for HUE+

I recently got HUE+ LED for my case, and working fine, but wish i could have it switch automatic between different profiles, depending on time.

For e.x i would like to be able to have a profile with higher brightness during daytime and after a defined time by me use another profile at night with lower brightness

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Eric Lam responded

That’s an interesting idea, we will look into this. Thanks for the suggestion!

2. Ability to sync different modes on fans + led strips

I think the ability of syncing different modes on the fans + strips (or maybe even fans + fans/strips+ strips) would be awesome.

For example, syncing a fade from one colour to another on the fans, to a covering marquee on the LEDs, so that when the marquee is covering the case in one colour, the fan glows that colour, and when it changes to the second colour on the marquee, the fan syncs its next fade with that.

Also finer control of the speeds may be good, i.e. allowing you to set a certain speed in seconds, rather than…

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Profiles need more fan speeds per temperature

As of current the kraken operates with default profiles with 6 total points of adjustment. My suggestion would be to increase the amount of points to prevent from fans constantly revving up and revving down. Doubling the amount of points could prevent this problem. If you look at the default silent profile between 50C and 55C there is a huge fan speed change to prevent overheating but the fans jump from 35% to 55% which for fans with no softened increase cause sound annoyances. I'm starting to regret purchasing this product because of this huge flaw.

TL:DR More points of…

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi Justin,
    Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking at this idea and others to smooth the transition between fan speeds. I will post a reply here once we’ve reached a consensus.

4. develop a 64 bit version

develop a 64 bit version

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How about keeping old versions online?

How about keeping old versions so that if like me you update and the shit stops working you can get the bloaty spyware working again?

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The overlay doesn't seem to work on many games

Like the title says, the monitoring overlay doesn't work on many games. It works with Fallout 4 and also (last time I played at least) Overwatch. It doesn't work with titles like: The Witcher 3, Total War Warhammer (dx11 & dx12), Civilization VI (dx11 & dx 12), Rainbow six siege, Just Cause 3.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hue+ more profiles

Unless there is some hardware limitation i would very much like to see a MUCH larger amount of color profiles available, being limited to 6 profiles is very limiting.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better GPU fan control in cam 3.1

In the latest version of Cam 3.1, the GPU overclocking tool has limitations with the gpu fan even with manual or custom setting it wont go bellow 40% fan speed yet with MSI afterburner i can have it from 20%(0speed) to 100%, also an option to disable this so that if i have issues with your overclocking tool i can use Afterburner without conflict.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,
    With version 3.1.2, CAM will not override your BIOS settings. If you change your fan profile, you can always revert to the BIOS setting by clicking on “Reset Settings”. We are looking into allowing fan percentages lower than 40%.

9. HUE+ set strips independently

Hi,

I am a bit dissapointed as the software do not allow to set different strips in the same channel, to different effects/presets, just as Corsair do.

I know about the Custom tab, but that is not what I mean. The idea is simple: to be able to select a strip in a channel and assign a preset. Custom mode do not allow to do that (or only with very simple effects)as it has a very limited set of options (no presets, not advanced ones, etc).

Technically I am sure it is possible, given that currently CAM already allows to…

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Cam tablet/iPad app

How about making a dedicated cam app for iPad with intergrated fps etc stream display. I'm not talking bou the normal cam mobile app that can be used on the iPad.. I have an iPad Pro 12.9" and it would be awesome to have a 2nd display with all the Controls via the app. Thanks and keep up the good work as usual.. cheers

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CAM "light" please

just picked up the Kraken X62 and it's a very nice piece of hardware. however, to control the lights and fans I have to use a "not so nice" piece of software called "CAM" with tons of functions I don't need and eating up ressources I want to use elsewhere. I actually use AIDA64 Extreme for all my monitoring needs and I would really love to see a CAM version without all the bells and whistles. just a driver and settings for my hardware.

ohh, and the CAM software doesn't even start every time I reboot because it's stuck in…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Store and share custom LED profiles with NZXT account

It would be nice to have the ability to store custom LED profiles into the NZXT account so they can be synched across multiple computers, or restored after reinstalling windows.

It would also be great to upload the profiles to a gallery so users can preview, rate, share and download them.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Fullscreen Mode Usable

The full screen version of the app is absolutely horrible. Incredibly cluttered with no way to move or hide pieces of information, many of which are entirely useless. Much of the functionality present in normal mode is lost when switching to fullscreen---you can't even change between tabs. It really wouldn't be very hard to improve this UI (at least to the point where it has some value).

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add tie in with Razer Chroma SDK for Hue+

I see there was an idea a few months ago for this that is marked completed. Being that you guys have teamed up with Razer for 2 cases (both of which I own) I would love to be able to sync up my Hue + with my Razer gear and since they have their SDK open I would think it should be possible. Any updates on this?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove 40% minimum limit on the GPU fans.

Today I'm using msi afterburner with a fairly relaxed fan curve, because I use two Noctua NF-F12's as GPU fans. I would love to just use, the Cam software, but since Cam only lets me set my gpu fans to 40% minimum, that results in 1440 rpm (1500max) on my noctua fans.

Please remove this limitation, as it has nothing to do with the Grid limitations, and it's bound to the GPU. Afterburner has no issues with running my fans down to 1%.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys,
    We’re looking at removing the 40% restriction. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

16. Universal Dimming for Hue+

I've noticed moving a color on the spectrum to the darker end dims it but basically keeps it the same color, with this in mind, it would be nice if you can add a universal dimmer that does this so you don't have to create custom profiles and go through each color moving them toward the bottom. Convenience!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Savable Config File

Please implement a savable config file so that I can back it up. Every time you update this client, all of my configurations get deleted and removed. With your newest update, it deleted all of my settings and I spent 15 minutes setting it all back up. I rebooted and then IT REMOVED MY CONFIGURATIONS AGAIN. I don't know how many times I have had to redo all of my configurations every single time you do an update or simple things like rebooting breaks your app.........

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3.5.10 Update. Not what we want.

CAM software should be about cooling and RGB lighting. Nothing more. No need to monitor RAM and hard drive storage and all the other stuff it tries to do. MiniCAM should only show CPU and GPU temps, fan speeds and liquid temp. I should also be able to change fan modes from MiniCAM LIKE I USED TO. You update and make things worse. Please stop. As others have said: make a light version that simply lets us control our cooling and lighting. Period.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Application Specific Profiles.

A way to choose a specific profile for each Application or Game would be nice. For example I like to use the Audio: Level profile for playing Rainbow Six: Siege but I would like to use a green and blue marquee for playing Fallout 4. So having the ability to have a different profile for each application would be great!

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Loading CAM...

It takes around 10 seconds to load CAM and sign in automatically - eventhough I don't use Tuning features (if it affects...).

Only using for monitoring and in-game overlay, and love them being covered using one application.

Much appreciate if you guys can cut down the loading time.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Eric Lam responded

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. We’ll definitely look into optimizing CAM better so that it isn’t as heavy loading wise. Can you try going into settings and disabling Top Apps / HDD detection and see if that helps with the loading time.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base