CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. UWP Universal Windows Platform App

Now it easy to rewrite or port your app to UWP which not only allows for easy propagation via windows store but also would enable relatively easy Windows 10 mobile entry.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CAM Mobile Version Push Notifications

I would like to see push notifications for the cam mobile app. That way when the notification criteria is triggered the cam mobile app will push a notification message to the mobile phone home screen.

There's been a few times notifications were triggered but I was away from my computer and didn't know until I got back because I don't constantly monitor the CAM Mobile application for notifications.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Variable Refresh Rate for Hardware Parameters

I would like to have a user-configurable speed on which Hardware Parameters like Load/Utilization and Core Temperatures get refreshed/update like 1x/2x/3x/4x/5x... per second or 100ms/150ms/200ms/250ms/300ms... like in other Hardware Monitoring Tools like Core Temp and GPU-Z.
    The user can also more accurately monitor the status of their PC Components if these parameters refresh more often.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CPU Fan speed.

Dont put CPU/GPU fan speed on the basic front page.
    1. it doesnt recognise my motherboard (Asus Maximuss VIII Hero) While a fan is attached.
    2. My pc is watercooled so no fan on the GPU
    3. N/A or 0 is just plain annoying and useless info.
    Are older versions still available for download?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. App scaling

I would like the main CAM page to scale to whatever size window.
    When the program opens it has a rather small default size.

When you maximize the page, it gives you a different look.
    I want the way it looks when the app starts up, to be able to scale to any size page.

I use a micro monitor affixed to my pc to monitor my pc with CAM software, but nee to make custom resolutions to get the default app size to fill the screen completely, without maximizing and changing the visual layout.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Two different fan curves

Would it be possible to implement two different fan curves, one for ramping up and the other one for ramping down. Even with fan hysteresis my fans keep starting at full throttle only to shut down again after 1-2 secounds. This keeps repeting as the temperature changes quickly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download

Please Fix Hue+ detection issues and provide a Stand-Alone Hue+ Control UI for download.

It would be useful to have a stand-alone module to control Hue+ in order to eliminate the need for the CAM interface to the hardware in situations where users already run other software for OC and tweeking. It should also have a "refresh and detect hardware" button/option built in so that Hue+ devices could be scanned for on the PC and a connection could be re-established. CAM only shows the Hue+ when the software detects the device, and so there is no way to scan for…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Day and Night Modes

Would like an option to setup times, for people that don't need the lights on all day long.

263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi everyone,
    This is an excellent suggestion. Sorry it took us so long to respond. We are mostly working on stability and fixing bugs for CAM right now. When we feel the time is right, we will definitely consider adding this option. This would be a great smart mode.

9. Loading CAM...

It takes around 10 seconds to load CAM and sign in automatically - eventhough I don't use Tuning features (if it affects...).

Only using for monitoring and in-game overlay, and love them being covered using one application.

Much appreciate if you guys can cut down the loading time.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Eric Lam responded

Hey there, thanks for the feedback. We’ll definitely look into optimizing CAM better so that it isn’t as heavy loading wise. Can you try going into settings and disabling Top Apps / HDD detection and see if that helps with the loading time.

10. Customize the full screen UI

It would be nice to be able to customize the full screen UI since I use CAM on my second monitor (1400x1050) and a lot of the information is overlapping.

So if we could choose what gets displayed and have the choice to move it around, that would be nice. I personally don't care for storage and network usage especially when it's cutting off my CPU and GPU information.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cam tablet/iPad app

How about making a dedicated cam app for iPad with intergrated fps etc stream display. I'm not talking bou the normal cam mobile app that can be used on the iPad.. I have an iPad Pro 12.9" and it would be awesome to have a 2nd display with all the Controls via the app. Thanks and keep up the good work as usual.. cheers

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add tie in with Razer Chroma SDK for Hue+

I see there was an idea a few months ago for this that is marked completed. Being that you guys have teamed up with Razer for 2 cases (both of which I own) I would love to be able to sync up my Hue + with my Razer gear and since they have their SDK open I would think it should be possible. Any updates on this?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fan speed Graph tracker

It would be awesome if there was a way to view/track the fans speed/RPM on a graph, so you can see when they rev up/slow down - This way it would be easier to track the RPM and see if it needs adjusting between certain thresholds.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Keybinds/Hotkeys for changing Hue+ lighting profiles

It would be nice to be able to assign different lighting profiles to a hotkey or be able to cycle through a few different profiles with a hotkey much like Corsair's software for their strafe keyboards.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Network/Internet Activity Graphs

There are many network/internet monitoring programs out there that can be used for inspiration, but these are the features that come to my mind:

1. Graph showing periodic pings to a given IP/web-address. The user can enter "google.com" and/or their website's address, for example, and set it to ping ever second or minute. This would act as a heart beat of the user's connection to the website(s) or the internet in general.
    2. Graph showing internet upload/download speeds. Maybe have the program conduct an internet speed test periodically (a period prescribed by the user) to show how the speeds differ…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. a small CAM windows gadget thing would be nice, like Open Hardware Monitor 's.

Great program, thx.

A small CAM windows gadget thing would be nice, like Open Hardware Monitor 's.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How about keeping old versions online?

How about keeping old versions so that if like me you update and the shit stops working you can get the bloaty spyware working again?

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Overall profiles

Just got my GRID+ and was very disappointed to find no overall profile system in the CAM software.

What I really want is to configure several overall profiles and then, within each, configure what each fan should do. That way I can have a quiet profile with some fans on a quiet curve and others off completely, a full power profile with every fan on full and then a profile somewhere in the middle. I could then use the system tray app to quick flick between profiles in one go and all fans would change to their settings for that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sound integration

It would be awesome if the cam software had a setting purely for listening to music that would detect the BPM and other general of rhythm beats and then while using other regular Hue settings, dim the lights or even run through separate custom music light shows in sync with the music

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Screenshot in game + fps limiter

Hi, i love your program, so I disabled all others (because of collisions)

S I am missing screenshot feature:
    a) set a folder for images
    b) set a key for screenshots
    c) choose if overlay should be on screenshot or not (optional, convenient, not necessary)
    d) save a screenshot named by exe and date (something like "witcher3 2016-05-05 23:59:59" )

Also, FPS limiter would be nice (it helps in some games with stuttering).

Both of these features I could use in afterburner/rivaturner combo, but I would prefer to use single app, which is your target usage I believe, so please,…

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base