CAM Ideas

We love getting your feedback! Voice your ideas here, and be sure to browse and vote on other ideas that interest you.

1. Provide a way to set other sensor readings as CPU temperature

Please provide a way to set other sensor readings (like, for example, CPU socket temperature) as CPU temperature.

That way AMD AM3/AM3+ temperature readings will be much more reliable. At the moment CAM uses one of CPU core as temperature which is just not reliable with AMD AM3/AM3+, especially when idle - I get 14'C when ambient temperature is 22'C and socket sensor temperature is 35'C.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrated GPU support

Simple request, can iGPU support be reconsidered now that DirectX12 is supported and they're pretty powerful now? There must be tons of people playing indie or mainstream games like LOL/HOTS/Counterstrike on these laptops these days that would love CAM support, I know I do! :)

There was another rejected request about this around june 2015 with a note saying they'd reconsider once DirectX12 was support. The future is now!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to specify temperature offsets per sensor or specify different sensors altogether. My cpu's temperature sensor is wrong

Allow us to specify a sensor temperature offset in order to correct the reported cpu temperature.

Or, alternatively, allow us to shift the points on the custom fan curves horizontally to counter the temperature difference.

Or, alternatively, allow us to choose from a list of different temperature sensors.

My CPU temperature, according to CAM, is approximately -20C from my real temperature. Resetting my CMOS does not change anything. Updating my BIOS does not change anything.

My processor (AMD FX-8320e) has always reported a temperature which is about 20C below what the actual temperature is.

My motherboard's (ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0)…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Minimise to tray option that unloads GUI and reduces resource useage

At the moment you can minimise the app, but the GUI is still loaded into memory and using resources. This can be verified by hovering your mouse over the taskbar and seeing the small thumbnail of the GUI.

It would be useful to be able to minimise to tray so that there's no GUI loaded in memory at all. This would be useful for users who use tha app in a headless configuration to view on a smartphone or just in-game.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove 40% minimum limit on the GPU fans.

Today I'm using msi afterburner with a fairly relaxed fan curve, because I use two Noctua NF-F12's as GPU fans. I would love to just use, the Cam software, but since Cam only lets me set my gpu fans to 40% minimum, that results in 1440 rpm (1500max) on my noctua fans.

Please remove this limitation, as it has nothing to do with the Grid limitations, and it's bound to the GPU. Afterburner has no issues with running my fans down to 1%.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi guys,
    We’re looking at removing the 40% restriction. Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention.

6. Provide offline mode for CAM

Per a previous request which was claimed to be "resolved," yet it is not:

http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252939-ideas/suggestions/10987476-offline-mode

That is not OFFLINE mode, GUEST mode shouldn't be broadcasting. Please resolve it.

The log I have has over 10,000 intrusion attempts made by CAM alone. I will not unblock the software as it absolutely does not need network access to your servers.

The issue is not solved or completed as you claim it to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table: Firewall Events

Date Created: 2017-02-11 22:08:34

Records count: 3046

Date & Time Application Action Direction Protocol Source IP Source Port Destination IP Destination Port
    2017-02-11 22:08:16 C:\Program…

749 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    harry.nong responded

Hey there everyone, we just released a new patch today that will address the issues you guys may have.

We will also be hosting a live AMA at 12:00PM PT on our subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/

Please drop by and ask us anything you like!

7. Modifitation réglage ventilation gpu

En faite j'utilise votre logiciel pour OC ma gtx 1080. Ça fonctionne bien pour le moment. Il y a aussi un réglage de la courbe de ventilation et la c'est problématique.

Je m'explique. Quand on créer un nouveau profil de ventilation
    On peux faire le mode zéro rpm jusqu'à 30, 40, 50 degrés comme on veux. Le problème c'est que ensuite dès qu'on veux que le ventilateur démarre. On ne peux pas le faire démarrer directement à 30 % admettons. Il va démarrer à admettons 40° à 1% jusqu'à 45° 40% ce qui provoque des arrêts et démarrage en boucle…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fan profile shortcuts

Made shortcut for changing fan profile mode so we can change the fan profile from games whitout minimize the games.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Think I found out why CAM has been refusing to open after restarting/shutting down PC (For me atleast, hopefully this helps others aswell)

If CAM would open after a clean install but would refuse to open after PC had restart or shutdown (or would just refuse to open eventually) then hopefully this will help you.

After trying to reinstall multiple times, trying all the suggestions from the admins and banging my head against my desk for a while, it turns out the problem was my actual CAM account...
    After a fresh install of CAM and creating a fresh account with a secondary email CAM is working fine.

The exact steps I to are...

1. Uninstall CAM (again!!!)
    2. Restart PC
    3. Download the…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. GRID+ v2 Improvments

Hi,

I just recently bought a GRID+ 2 for my system and attached six EK-Vardar F4-120 2200 RPM fans to it, but I got some issues, not specifically with those fans, but with the CAM Software in general.

1. It does not autostart in Windows 10, even if I manually add it to a task. It seems like the CAM Launcher is broken for some reason. Uninstall, reinstall, clean all installed files etc. did not help.

2. The fan control is ok, but I'd prefer if you could add 5% values instead of those 10% because my fans are making…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hue+ more profiles

Unless there is some hardware limitation i would very much like to see a MUCH larger amount of color profiles available, being limited to 6 profiles is very limiting.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hue+ wallpaper mode

Have colours match the main colours that are currently set on the desktop background.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More Control...

I'd love to be able to have more custom modes. I'd also love to have more control over the percentages. One of my fans with LEDs doesn't like 40%, but it's too loud at 50%. Sure would be nice to set it at 45%, but that's not an option... The CAM software looks very nice, and is definitely on the right track, but it needs to be more functional. The type of person buying a Grid 2 Fan Controller doesn't so much care about what the software looks like, it needs to function more than anything. It's very pretty, just…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Connect with ASUS Aura Sync, so that a build's RGB are unified.

This means that the HUE+, Aer, and Kraken can then display the same light as an ASUS GPU/Mobo that uses their own 'Aura' display system. Maybe a RGB hub? Or just an open communication between the two so that the users can mix/match components and still get a cohesive light theme!

737 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  harry.nong responded

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback and interest in this feature. At the moment we are looking into this along with other potential candidates. We will keep you guys updated as we get more information.

Thanks!

15. The overlay doesn't seem to work on many games

Like the title says, the monitoring overlay doesn't work on many games. It works with Fallout 4 and also (last time I played at least) Overwatch. It doesn't work with titles like: The Witcher 3, Total War Warhammer (dx11 & dx12), Civilization VI (dx11 & dx 12), Rainbow six siege, Just Cause 3.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CPU fan curve customization very limited

The preset fan curves for X42 in CAM are very limited. There is little to no modification allowed to them. It would be nice to see more flexibility in modifying these as currently, you only have access to changing CPU fan inbetween 25 and 75 degrees! what is that?

This is very limiting and is rather poor in my view. Having spent cash on additional fans it would be nice to harness the extra power they have with a more flexible fan curve(s).

If there is something i can do or if there is something i'm missing please tell me.…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. start before signing in windows

It would be nice if cam could start before login to windows.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Mini CAM settings

I just got this and it is very useful so far! I would however like to be able to customize what the "Mini CAM" shows. For example my concern is more with the load than the temperature so if I could switch it to show that large and the temperature small that would be great! And I'm sure it would be helpful in other ways too if you could say "these three are most important to me show it in mini cam" or whatever.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Kraken X42,X52, X62 Custom Lighting Macros

It would be super cool if we could see a map of each of the leds and build a display mode macro out of them one step at a time.

If there were for example 12 leds in the circle then imagine it like a clock. Click the mouse on each spot(1'oclock,2oclock..ect) you want to change and set the color. When you have set them all the way you want for the first step then add the display time and fade in/out values and go to the next step until you are done.

We could make our own custom display…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CAM ideas

Add fan curve editor for both kraken and grid+ that's similar to MSI Afterburner. Allow pump speed control for kraken x61, x41, and x31. Editor to allow users to create their own lighting effects for hue+. Add separate FX per led strip, per channel. Rename Wave light effect to Knight Rider (lol, couldn't help myself). Use msi afterburner as inspiration to create a much more complex overlooking tool. In app feedback and bug report. DirectX12 overlay support. Cpu overclocking tool. Preset static pressure and airflow setting for kraken (and maybe grid+) for people who use one type of fan or…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base