CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. cam using increasing amounts of memory then crashing.

After installing the latest version of CAM on my Windows 10 PC, it is using increasing amount of memory and then crashing. I have Grid V3+ and Kraken X60.

Application: CAM_V3.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.EnsureCurrentThreadHasQueue()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Faulting application name: CAM_V3.exe, version: 0.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a728d6e
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x13ae3814
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x001008c2
    Faulting process id: 0x9b0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a94db066aa96
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\CAM_V3.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: e962873f-8a41-4484-bff9-1e0b98bc225e
    Faulting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hard reset after turning on my PC

Situation: Always, when I turn on my PC, log-in to my acc, SWs load including CAM and then Hard Reset itself. I'm sure the problem is between CAM and my SW/HW because when I uninstall it then everything works as it should. Usually 2 hard resets and then it loads without problems.

I'd like to fix it because I don't like hard resets which look like black death.

Screenshot of my log: https://prnt.sc/i309au

PC specs:
    CPU C - NZXT X52
    CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    GPU - ASUS ROG 1080Ti 11GB
    MB - ASUS B350 Strix
    RAM - 2x16GB…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CAM makes temp rise about 15c when running!!

I got the kraken x62 for my 1700x, installed the cam software and updating CAM whenever there is an update.
    I got comfortable running at 3.8ghz 1.280Vcore stable with CAM temp reporting from 30c to 45c when idle and showing max 60c after 30 min stress test.
    The 30c to 45c keeps jumping after fresh PC startup, there could be 30c, and 1 sec later 45c then 40c etc..
    I then downloaded hwinfo and found out my cpu temp was indeed the correct temp as CAM showed and the temp jump also showed up in hwinfo, then I testet what…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Shadows Under Windows" not set up properly

The CAM Software is not set up properly with the "shadows under windows" settings of Windows 10. The correct way of the shadows around a window is supposed to fade out but the CAM Softwares shadows do not fade out, they only show up as blocks. I noticed this when I had CAM Software window open with a white background. I found the location for the "shadows under windows" setting but you can only turn it on or off. I uninstalled and reinstalled CAM but did not solve the issue. If I turn off the "shadows under windows", then this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hwinfo and Aida64 Show my Kraken x62 as Kraken x52

I have just installed my KrakenX62, after that I try to see it on Hwinfo and Aida64, their showing as Kraken X52 not KrakenX62. Any Idea?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CAM didnt show pump regulation and the poump actualy work on white cerles ... dont know if pump liquid at all?!!!

All this ... crap is on version 3.5.60 ... how to fix it ... I have restarted the app .. but still same ....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New build AsRock Z370m itx/ac X62 and i7 8700K. CPU fans at 100% and CAM 0 RPM

Subject says it all. New build sounds like a Dyson vacuum cleaner because of radiator fans at 100%. No way to tune the fans.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CAM causes games cannot be launched

After updating to the latest CAM software v3.5.50, I feel like it's annoying more than ever. First of all, I dont like how the software must be running to run the HUE+ we've set. Secondly, the overlay just causes some of the game I played (e.g. Overwatch) cannot be launched. It just error. And after this update, the Overlay setting keep reverting back. So everyday I need to go to the settings and turn it off in order to play my game. Pls do fix this. Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

The reason why some games are crashing can be a number of reasons. The FPS Overlay in CAM is on by default and that could be the reason why it crashes. Games that have its own launcher could also come with its own overlay which could be conflicting with with CAM’s FPS Overlay.
    The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed as well.
    Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    We also recommend playing the games in fullscreen mode when using the in-game overlay for better optimization as well.
    If your games are still crashing, we recommend disabling the overlay for the time being and please let us know which game it is crashing on.

9. Kraken Pump & Fan RPM has increased but percentage is the same?

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what. Before today, the pump was running at the mininum setting of 60% (~1700 RPM), and the fan at 40% (~500 RPM).

But after restarting the PC last night the pump is now running at ~2300 RPM even though its still at 60%, and the fans are running at ~800 RPM, despite also still being at 40% (well 42% anyway, it no longer accepts being at 40%, despite what the graph says it only goes from 37% to 42%).

I dont understand, the settings are the same as they've always been…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Relibility Monitor Always show CAM Stopped working

When ever i turn my pc on in the relibility monitor it always shows stopped working, I ma running the latest version of CAM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CAM Auto-Update STILL broken

I posted this a long time ago before the new UI update (which is trash imho) and I ended up getting an email from one of the devs about the issue. I provided all the information he required of me then he just stopped replying. Till this day i cannot update my CAM through the software. It just doesn't work. The devs name was Evan iirc. Thanks man, for doing absolutely nothing. (Y)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cam reports CPU fan speed zero. Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, Ryzen 7 1700 with the latest version of CAM.

Cam reports CPU fan speed zero. Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboard, Ryzen 7 1700 with the latest version of CAM. I downloaded and installed it last night from the website.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you see the CAM preview window when you hover over the task icon in your taskbar but the window doesn’t appear when you click on the icon. You might be experiencing an issue where the window is on a different “phantom” monitor.

Try doing this, press on the CAM preview window when you hover over the task icon. Then click "Shift + Windows Key + Arrow Key (<,>) to return the CAM window to your usable desktop space.

14. Cam not detect an new update is available?

Hello, why my Cam not detect an new update is available? Even if i check if new update is available, he tell me no...
    Since version 3.3.5 I had to install version 3.5 manually and currently has 3.5.3 is available but my cam do not see it .... why?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Graphics load at 0% on NVIDIA GForce GTX 960 M after update

With the previous version it would show load but not temp. After update to 3.5.50 it now shows temp but not load. Tried this fix:

Please install this and try again:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sueit2n6gsngo44/vcredist_x86.exe?dl=0

No change. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Choppy/Laggy HUE+ Effects

I've purchased the NZXT HUE+ about a year ago (around last Christmas to be more specific), and I've been using it ever since. But ever since first plugging it in and enabling it within CAM software, some of the effects do not appear to be as smooth as I would imagine them being.

At first I thought this was just something that everyone had or deals with, but I noticed through reddit posts and YouTube videos that some of their effects (such as the SPECTRUM WAVE) appears to be buttery smooth in its transition and how it appears, even on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Wont boot

mobil is shit dosent even work

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. On the normal CAM display page the needle and slider on the guage do not match. Please fix so they display the same angle.

On the normal CAM display page the needle and slider on the guage do not match. Please fix so they display the same angle.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BF4 Issues 3.5.50

Bettlefield 4 stop working with CAM overlay enabled. With it disabled it functions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, can you try playing BF4 in full screen and see if the overlay works then?

20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base