CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. CAM does not show speed laptop fans

I have a MSI GL62M 7REX laptop and the fan speed does not show it. The rest of components, goes perfectly until now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cam often Closed for no reason

I don't know since which version, but this is a problem I have for at least 6 months. On 2 different windows clean installation, cam is open, desktop is idling, I go gaming, then finding that the heat dissipation is low at the back.

Trying to figure out what's the issue, I am thinking of going into CAM to see why fans didn't kicked in, and I see that the software is off...

Often, every week, software is closed. It's running at windows startup, computer doesn't update for nothing. I have this issue with different CAM version, different windows clean…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hue+ and LED's not working after update

After updating CAM to version 3.6.2, all of my LED strips and NZXT RGB AER Fans stopped working. If you have an idea's or solutions please let me know.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CAM 3.7.0 doesn't save LED seetings when I shutdown and start again...

Every time I have to set the desired LED setting manually when I boot my computer. It doesn't remember the settings if I shutdown completely. But remember If I reboot it. Other options seems fine to me. Please fix it.

(my system- asus rog z370E, win 10)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CAM Memory Leak (V3.7.0)

So, this bug is an idea? Makes sense. I'll just give it 3 votes, because why not?

This support system makes no sense. I want to upload a screenshot of Task Manager showing CAM.Desktop is currently running at ~30% CPU (an i5-6600K @ 4.5GHz) and ~1200MB of RAM (out of 16GB available). Guess you'll just have to take my word for it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No me deja meterme a mi cuenta por problemas de servidor en CAM 3.7

Desde que lo actualice a esta versión no me deja conectarme a mi cuenta y tengo que entrar en el modo de invitado

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ryzen Master and Cam Software Shows Different Temp RYZEN 2700x

While ryzen master show 70c, the cam software stays at 50c underload.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fans are not spinning after 5 days i built the pc

i built my new pc at 27 augest 2018, all things worked fine till last night fans not working accidentally. light channel works fine, the front fans connected to 1 channel of smart device and rear fan was connected alone to other channel, i tried to to change everyting like reset bios, change sata cable, change usb header, change smart device channels, still not working. i saw others had the same issue but didnt help me. pls tell me what should i do?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. CAM v 3.5.90 is having big problems

I have problems with random computer freezes. When typing text in any program or when playing/pausing youtube videos it would stutter. When texting it would pause before new letters already typed will appear.

I did try several restarts, and finally found out it was CAM who caused it. As when shutting down CAM the stuttering stopped completely. Then did some reasearch online and found out it was due to the FPS overlay. Even though I had it turned off from standard, as it comes off when installing CAM. I still have to enable it, and then disabeling it for the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

[UPDATE]

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.0) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please inform us. Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.

10. NZXT Aer RGB Fan Lights (Please Help)

Hello, I have 2 Aer RGB Fans 120mm and I tested them out of my pc and they worked fine with the CAM software after doing Firmware Updates. After that I put them in my case installed them correctly and they didnt work at all. So I took them out and tested only one of them. Now I have a problem where when I turn on my pc the one fan is lit up white and right when CAM loads in it turns off and it wont let me change the color or anything to it. I have already tried…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Caiden, sorry for the issues you are currently experiencing. Here are the solutions provided to me from our development team at the moment:

Please try each fan individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the fans from the HUE+. Then plug one fan into the HUE+, and start CAM. Check and see if the fan appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the fans. If the fans are the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for replacement fans. Please state how many fans you have that is defective.

Also try using a different connection cable to connect the fans to the HUE+. The connection cable can sometimes cause issues as well. If the fan connection cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support

11. 3.7.0 make angry me

step3 don't adaptive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Using two X42 (CPU and GPU) is like playing the lottery.

I have to restart my PC several times to get both Kraken detected, and, because there is no way to rename them it's impossible to know which is the one working.

Using the latest update (3.6.5), tried reinstalled drivers, switching USB headers, praying to the Virgin Mary, nothing works, I'm getting tired guys.

We need this software to be rock solid, we need answers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear that Jaime, could you please send us your program logs so we can verify if any issues were logged?
    Thanks.

13. Fan not powering on

I have a Grid+ V3 and none of the connected fans turn on after a boot. I have to unplug and plug back the power to the Grid to get them running after a boot. Then after the next system shutdown and startup I have to repeat that unplugging. 4 fans connected
    None of the fans exceed 5 w.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CAM too buggy. Startup / Login fails all the time. Does not save settings local account.

Fix it. It's been far too long for this buggy software too be this buggy

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. My Krakken M22 is not being detected by CAM

CAM can see my my Grid V2 with out a problem, but the Krakken M22 is not there. I can change the colours on the cooler but I cannot select fan or pump speeds.

Please help!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. v3.5.90 stopping me typing

if i try and type in a web address or any form of typing the whole system becomes unresponsive, taken of cam and system is working fine again, a big show stopper

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

17. Lighting not working through cam

All of my fans and Krakens light up through CAM, but some lighting modes will only work on three out of six fans and others will work across all of them, also the LED strips attached to the smart device dont seem to be showing up at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, some light profiles can only work on some peripherals and not on others. Also, if you have multiple peripherals selected at the same time, the program will show you only the lighting profiles that can be activated for all the selected peripherals at the same time. Are all your fans the same model and version? Also, please update to 3.6.6, which includes many fixes to hardware detection and lighting. Thanks.

18. Everytime I shutdown my computer and restart it, CAM software does not allow me to apply spectrum wave

When i shutdown my computer, CAM software does not allow me to apply spectrum wave. I can apply all other presets except this one. Any ideas on why its only this one preset that does not work?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please provide us with the logs found in the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

You can upload them to pastebin or any other file sharing program and link them here.

20. stratup not

CAM not strating up after windows bootup. I have updated latest version. Software is full of bugs, no autosave of userdate. UI UX design of the cam app is really bad. Who making the ux design for you? Itś horible. Many people cant even fond control of fans by CPU or liquid temp.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base