CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. My Hue+ and Kraken x62 are even not detected in Devices and Printers.

I connected them by a NZXT Internal USB Hub (2.0 port). They are all lit with white colors. I tried to reinstall drivers by reinstalling CAM multiple times, but it didn't work. Help!!!

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    125 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eric Lam responded

If you are using a HUE+ and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go to Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the MCP2200 device or any Unknown USB Device. Then restart your computer and check CAM again

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a micro to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Turn off your PC, then try using a different USB 2.0 port on…

2. Kraken X62 not regonized on boot/wake

I notice you immediately removed the 500+ long thread regarding the CAM/Kraken recognition issues. That was a little premature.

CAM 3.3.4 - Does not recognize my X62, no matter how many times I remove the USB and disconnect power. 0 for 11. No version of CAM was ever this bad. I have no RGB lighting software running at this time and I disabled all non-OS essential applications from the start-up menu.

Asus X99 Strix - 5930K
    32GB Corsair Dominator 3200MHz
    Titan XP
    X62
    No bloatware installed.

I have rolled back to 3.3.2 that recognizes the Kraken 95%+ of the time,…

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    81 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, this post is now close as it is involving an older version of CAM. If you still have this issue with our newest update please post a new thread. Thanks for the support!

3. Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi RGB lighting settings still delete on shutdown

I downloaded the CAM software today (3 June 18) which I assume is the latest updated version. When I created a New Custom Profile for my Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi in the CAM software, (changed colour of LEDs from white to WAVE), it deletes the custom lighting settings when I Shutdown the computer, and the LED logo and backlighting revert to default white. But when I log into CAM again, the coloured WAVE settings appear again. I know this problem has been fixed by your team, but why is it still happening to me? Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fans not spinning up

None of the case fans I have connected to the CAM device in my H700i will power up. I'm able to get LED control of the LED strips, and see all the information in the CAM interface, but none of the case fans (front 3 or rear) are being driven at all. I have them all with a custom profile that should run them at 100% (to make sure they're actually working) but no luck. Help!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Smart Device are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Smart Device can only support up to 10 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Smart Device will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

5. Lighting Option Disappeared

The lighting option randomly disappeared in my software and the lights on the Kraken are stuck as white... Not sure what happened, it was out of nowhere.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB

6. Kraken x52 LED

My kraken x52 LED is not turning on. Its cooling perfectly fine and when I installed it it was working until I installed Windows 10 on my pc. I downloaded cam v.3.5.30 but the cooling and lighting options aren't there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kraken X62 Issue with Noctua Fan

I just installed the Kraken X62 in my system but i'm experiencing an issue. When I boot up my system my Noctua fans don't start spinning until I login to windows and once CAM launches. Only once CAM has launched will my fans start spinning.

I've tried different fan headers too. I was using the same CPU_FAN header previously on a Corsair H115i with the same Noctua fans without any issues.

I've got a Asus z170 deluxe motherboard.
    Stock Kraken X62 fans start spinning as soon as my system boots up no issue.
    If I remove the USB connection from…

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  50 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Software wont let me accept Disclaimer

It wont allow me to accept disclaimer so I cant adjust my fans which is VERY important to me, during gaming.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. kraken x61 CAM no longer showing in software

My Kraken X61 is no longer showing in the CAM software. I have no Lighting control or fan control. The liquid temp is no longer showing. I have tried a differant usb header and have even changed the motherboard and re-loaded windows. The pum seems to work but I have no control. The unit does not show up in device manager or devices and printers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit. Avoid using the word CAM when creating the ticket so it does not get filtered out into our software support department.

If you do not see any these devices then that means that the Kraken is not making a connection to your motherboard as Windows does not detect the driver. You may want to contact…

10. Hello, I installed CAM3.5 software, as long as a piece of software, the hard disk will continue to turn the sound of reading hard disk, whic

Hello, I installed CAM3.5 software, as long as a piece of software, the hard disk will continue to turn the sound of reading hard disk, which is very annoying, is there any way to solve, I have tried to set the < Measure> HDD off but no effect, please guide

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version.
    Please update to our newest version 3.5.8 (www.camwebapp.com) and see if you still exhibit the same behavior.
    If you do, please submit a new post or ticket by clicking on “Contact Support” on the right. Thank you.

11. Can't Change my LED colors

I cannot change my LED lights on my strip on fans. After updating to the new software it is now stuck on white. There is no where to even look to change the colors on the CAM software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CAM causing League of Legends to become unplayble.

I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro on my computer. Installed league of legends and played a game to test it out. It worked fine. I then found out about CAM software and wanted to install it on my computer. I turned on my computer and booted CAM up every time. When i tried to play League, I could get into the log in screen, load a game, and be stuck at the Summoners Rift map without being able to see anything else but the map. The champions wouldn't appear and I couldn't move around to see anything…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is no longer happening. If it happens to you using the latest version, please open a new ticket or leave a comment in this one and we will get back to you.

13. Mis à jours logiciel NZXT CAM HEU+

Je ne peux plus modifier les couleurs de mes bandes LED Depuis une récente mis à jours du logiciel,en effet je n'ai plus d'onglet HEU+ et quand j'essaye d'installer le pilote via le logiciel,rien ne se passe,j'ai essayer une version antérieur,la plus récente,redémarrer plusieurs fois l'ordinateur,lancer en administrateur mais rien ne se passe.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CAM wont control CPU fan

CAM wont control CPU fan. Using Asus z270 MOBO, and a NZXT X31. The Cam software shows the RPMs but wont change speeds. Help please.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version.
    Please update to our newest version and see if you still exhibit the same behavior.
    If you do, please submit a new post or ticket by clicking on “Contact Support” on the right. Thank you.

15. HUE+ not lighting up

Cam is detecting my HUE+ and lighting up the unit but none of the LEDs are lighting up on on channel. On channel 2 a single LED lights up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    I would like to troubleshoot with you personally. Thanks!

16. 5th fan Glitch

For some reason my 5th aer rgb fan will not show up as available on the CAM Software. It will work maybe once or twice when changing the colors, but it will eventually shut off (rgb will shut off, not fan) and If i try other colors the 5th fan will begin to glitch out or not respond at all.

I bought the whole NZXT Package:
    5x aer RGB Fans
    Kraken X52
    Grid+ V2
    HUE+
    Internal USB HUB
    I also set it up like PCPartPickers did so I know theres was working fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update* Try doing this
    Uninstall CAM

Shutdown your PC

Switch off your PSU

Unplug USB from HUE+

Wait 10 seconds, then start PC

Install CAM , shutdown PC

Plug USB back in. Start PC

Let me know if this works.

Hey there, the latest update for CAM 3.3.1 from camwebapp.com has a firmware update for the HUE+ that should resolve this bug. Thank you!

17. cam not detecting kraken x52

CAM wont detect the kraken x52. ive checked the usb, checked drivers etc, still nothing even after a fresh install of cam and drivers

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can CAM control RGB lights with no HUE+?

I'm planning on getting a Kraken X52, and a Z270 motherboard that has ASUS Aura RGB strips as headers on the board itself. I was wondering if I was able to place strips on there and plug in my cooler, and possibly get Aer RGB fans for the Kraken itself. Meaning I would have no need for the HUE+, but would have a need for the CAM software.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, unfortunately you will not be able to control any RGB lights that isn’t our NZXT products or any products that is externally supported by CAM. Currently CAM does not support the Asus RGB motherboards. Thank you for your time!

19. x62 Kraken LED Bug

My NZXT Kraken x62 has a weird LED bug.
    Some of the LEDs on the LED Ring are constantly white and there seems to be nothing to do about it via CAM.
    I tried to reinstall CAM and everything with the Kraken is working, except for those LEDs which cant be turned off and are constantly white.
    The LEDs I am talking about is the top right quarter of LEDs and those are constantly on in white colors.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, can you show me a picture of what you are saying? and can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    Can you also attach your errorlogs? C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs Thanks

20. HUE+ stopped working

After the update 3.2.04 Hue+ does not communicate with CAM anymore. The Hue+ box has the white light, but the LED strips will not light up anymore. And when I open CAM it doesn't even recognize the Hue+ anymore.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version. Please update to our newest version and see if you still exhibit the same behavior. If you do, please submit a new post. Thank you.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base