CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Customer Support? What customer support

Have actual customer support and not this stupid forum that doesn't actually provide any support.

349 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Fully Offline mode for CAM (PRIVACY)

1. OFFLINE Mode still does NOT exist.

2. DATA is STILL being sent to NZXT WITHOUT USER CONSENT, PRODUCT IS STILL BEING SOLD WITHOUT THIS INFORMATION BEING PROVIDED UP FRONT ON THE OUTSIDE OF PACKAGING!

3. USER(S) HAVE NEVER AGREED TO ANY DATA SHARING WITH NZXT AT ANY POINT OF TIME.

4. USER(S) HAVE THE SOLE RIGHT TO SOFTWARE WHICH WILL NOT TRANSMIT DATA TO NZXT OTHER THAN TO CHECK FOR UPDATES TO THE SOFTWARE.

5. USER(S) HAVE THE RIGHT TO A CLASS ACTION SUIT!

6. FIX YOUR SOFTWARE , PROVIDE YOUR USERS WITH A COMPLETE OFFLINE VERSION.

7. ISSUE…

371 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        11 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 3.6.2 update and Custom fan profile, pulling my hair out with fanspeed being locked at 100% AT ONLY 55c and no way of altering.

What on earth is wrong with the latest update and the custom fan profile?? The idea of custom means it's totally custom. Even the hotfix that was pushed out on 20'07/2018 (today) has not fixed this issue. Why can I not lower than fan speed from the locked 100% at 55c?? this is driving me insane, I dont want a damn 747 jumbo jet sitting next to me hovering when my cpu temp is at a low of 55c. You should only need 100% fan speed if the CPU gets to around 85c not 55c.

Come on, test this software…

29 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          13 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• Lighting broken on latest update 3.6.0

Latest version of CAM (3.6.0) does not detect the lighting on my Kraken. Both my Kraken and Grid firmware say V0 when going to Gear Icon > About Cam > Component Firmware Version

17 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            8 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
            C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

• Cam 3.6.3

I downloaded today cam 3.6.3 and whatever game i start my graphics card and my nzxt kraken x62 punp and the two radiator fans go to 100% speed.
            I don´t why...pls help

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • 3.6.1 Liquid Temp Missing?

I just updated to 3.6.1 with an X72 and can no longer find the liquid temp. Is it gone or am I just not seeing it?

5 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• CAM 3.6.4 getting false clock speeds and temperatures

CAM 3.6.4 is showing my Ryzen 5 1600 which is overclocked to 3900 MHz at only approximately 1950 MHz. It is also occasionally getting temperature readings that are off by at least ten too many degrees C. The last version of CAM didn't have any of these issues, I am very disappointed that the update created all these problems.

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Fan speed issue

I have been encountering higher CPU temps lately and I realized that the GPU temps were about the same. Then I saw one of my radiator fans weren't even spinning. I had to change the fan profiles multiple times until I finally got it to work again. I still have the problem where my temps are going up to 80 degrees. Which never happened to me until a recent update a week or two ago. I'm worried my PC will overheat. I am using an NZXT Kraken x62 rev 2 with an 8700k.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

For some setups, CAM has been reporting temperatures that are different from the actual temperature. This is being addressed in the next update (3.6.7) Thank you for reporting this.

If you encounter the issue where the radiator fan stops working again, please send us the logs to verify if CAM reports anything there.

• Fan 100% at 55C

How on earth is it possible to have such a crap software !!!

My fans jump 35% -> 100% every minute because WE CAN T GO FURTHER THAN 55C FOR 100% !!!!!

I take your for responsible by now and I will write a letter to amazon about you !!!

Custom mean custom not destroying expensive fans !!!

3.6.3 do not solve the problem !!!

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Fans shut off when cam opens

I have a h700i case that I recently built in. I installed the cam software, and ran the benchmark tests and everything. I noticed though, that every time cam is opened now, all of my case fans shut off. This is a very big issue, as my cpu overheats, and I cannot continue. Please respond with reasons of why this happens.

10 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you still having this issue with 3.6.4? Many fixes have been rolled out specifically aimed at hardware detection and control. Most of the issues that have been reported and are being worked on right now are based on lighting or fan speed customization, but if this is happening to you with 3.6.4, we need to see your logs, so please send them to us so we can analyze them. Thank you.

• When the CPU is used on 100%, the computer freezes

Hello,
                        2 months back i wrote you on support that my computer freezes at 100% usage and that i think the CAM is responcible for it. You wrote me that your CAM team was able to confirm this as a bug. Today the problem still persist. I can't render a video or render something in Blender. So if its realy CAM bug, where is the repair?

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • CAM Resetting ANR Profile after not detecting Smart Device

Occasionally, the CAM 3.6.3 will fail to detect the Smart Device built into my NZXT H700i. When it does, it presents me with an error:

"We have detected a change in your fan configuration and have reset your ANR profile."

Usually a reboot will fix the issue of the Smart Device not being detected. Unfortunately, this somehow results in my LED settings and Fan curves being deleted even though I'm logged in and my fan curves should be saved in the cloud. I've already had to totally redo all of my setting several times because of this. The instances where…

9 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • LED strips not detected on n7 motherboard

I've just recently finished a build using NZXT's n7 motherboard, and my LED strips are not detected by CAM software despite them lighting up (in the default white). I'm currrently using both LED headers on the board, with two LED strips attached to each header. I've completed builds with this same set up before with no trouble, so I would like to know what the problem is

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

• Kraken x61 not detected v3.5.80

my X61 was detected by cam fine when I origionally built my system in 2014 with windows 7. Upon doing the free windows 10 upgrade cam still had no issues detecteding the x61. I have however done a complete fresh reinstall of windows 10 and CAM will now not detect my x61, the device manager finds the 690LC however will not let me update/install a driver.

19 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing with our software.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
                                Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
                                Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
                                Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
                                If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.
                                If you do not see any these devices then that means that…

• Cant get my lighting tab

I dont have my lighting tab in my cam software. i've reinstalled it and i've also unplugged it from the mobo. also i have restarted my computer. ive even tried disableing HDD i need help please im trying to get a good theme going in my pc.

i would like if possible to go back to a later version of CAM software.

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • "CPU Fan speed error detected" after latest update(s)

After installing the latest updates (I think there were 2 updates, right?) my computer now gets the "CPU Fan speed error detected" when booting. The first update was installed normally (but deleted my preferences as others have pointed out), but the second one took ages to install (which I found strange). Today when I started my computer, surprise, it won't start: "CPU Fan speed error detected". I don't think this is a coincidence. NZXT, please help!

I have a X62 on an Asus Z270E motherboard (I guess the rest of the components are irrelevant).

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
                                    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

• Hue+ LEDs flashing/wrong colours in Marquee

This only seems to happen with the Marquee setting. I flashes in random Colours. I set the Marquee to red but every few seconds one or more of the LEDs of the Marquee flash in another colour. Blue, White and Green the majority of the time.
                                    CAM Version 3.5.90 . OS is Windows 10 home Pro and i'm using both channels with each having 4 stripes. One displaying the CPU Temperature (Channel 1) just fine. Since this happendes to a user before in an earlier version i hope this is getting fixed soon.

9 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • FORMULA 1 2016 A DEJADO DE FUNCIONAR CON CAM NO MOTORIZA

HOLA CAM A DEJADEDO DE FUNCIONAR CON FORMULA 1 2016

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • CAM v 3.5.90 is having big problems

I have problems with random computer freezes. When typing text in any program or when playing/pausing youtube videos it would stutter. When texting it would pause before new letters already typed will appear.

I did try several restarts, and finally found out it was CAM who caused it. As when shutting down CAM the stuttering stopped completely. Then did some reasearch online and found out it was due to the FPS overlay. Even though I had it turned off from standard, as it comes off when installing CAM. I still have to enable it, and then disabeling it for the…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

[UPDATE]

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.0) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please inform us. Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.

• NZXT Aer RGB Fan Lights (Please Help)

Hello, I have 2 Aer RGB Fans 120mm and I tested them out of my pc and they worked fine with the CAM software after doing Firmware Updates. After that I put them in my case installed them correctly and they didnt work at all. So I took them out and tested only one of them. Now I have a problem where when I turn on my pc the one fan is lit up white and right when CAM loads in it turns off and it wont let me change the color or anything to it. I have already tried…

2 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Caiden, sorry for the issues you are currently experiencing. Here are the solutions provided to me from our development team at the moment:

Please try each fan individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the fans from the HUE+. Then plug one fan into the HUE+, and start CAM. Check and see if the fan appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the fans. If the fans are the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for replacement fans. Please state how many fans you have that is defective.

Also try using a different connection cable to connect the fans to the HUE+. The connection cable can sometimes cause issues as well. If the fan connection cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base