CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. I have a simple solution for NZXT

Just instantly fire CAM software development team and recruit a new one if you don't want to lose more customer, seriously!
    Best Regard!

1,173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      31 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, if you have updated to 3.6.6 and are still having issues with your hardware or software, please open a new ticket and provide us with your logs so we can review what is happening.

Please try to be as descriptive as possible concerning what you consider to be working incorrectly, by specifying what hardware you have and what it is not doing which it should be doing.

This helps us greatly while trying to replicate the errors to verify why they are happening.

Thank you.

• CAM devices have not been detected for months...

I'm starting to regret buying my NZXT CAM more and more every day... It has been months since I have been able to control them. They are just not being detected by the software. I've reinstalled different versions of CAM way too many times and rebooted my PC, but just NOTHING helps. Yes I have the latest version 3.5.90.
      I wish I had never updated from CAM 3.2 and never updated the firmware, everything worked fine in late 2016, but after that it became worse and worse and more features started disappearing.

Please tell me that there is a remedy…

24 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        25 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Exalerion, I have emailed you several times trying to schedule a call with one of our devs but have not received any reply.

• Lighting channels are always linked

Kraken ring and logo are always linked with smart device led strips. Every change I make on one always affects the others even if the channels are deselected and/or turned off.

20 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I am informed by the devs that if the Custom profile has the same name in both the ring and the logo, the changes you make to one will affect the other. If you wish to have them do things independently, please give them more descriptive names such as “Breathing blue” and “Pulse red” or something along those lines. If the issue continues to happen even doing this, please let me know so we can get in touch with you to verify the logs. Thanks.

• Installed v3.6.0 - Not happy.

Installed v3.6.0 upgrading from v3.5.9 - Not happy. How is it, that you can push an update that "fixes" things and in general is supposed to improve the software but instead completely fucks over one of the most important parts of the software..... the custom fan profiles. These are now broken, the customization slider dots are out of bounds beyond 55c. They are stuck at 100% fans at temps beyond 55c and I absolutely am furious, because I don't need my fucking PC sounding like a jet engine when my CPU temps are only at 60-65c when gaming. I'm uninstalling…

33 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• Congrats on screwing up everything possible on the last update.

Yeah, you guys broke it.
            Don't release updates without testing them please.

28 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
              C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

• Cam not showing on the right monitor every restart

I have a dual monitor setup so I use my second monitor for my monitoring apps. I have cam set to open when windows starts and should open on my second monitor. However, just after the update, whenever I start my computer it defaults to my 1st monitor which is annoying cause I need to line it up again on my second monitor. How do I fix this?

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Do you guys test CAM before update release?

Well how do I put this, updated cam and

A. It looks like crap

B. It doesn't save my fan profiles on restart.

C. Custom fan profiles for grid v3 don't work. They all seem to be set at silent profile, even though they all have custom ones set.

D. GPU temps aren't correct, I put GPU under load and Cam says its at 30c but really its at 65c, which is really bad as cam controls the fans on my GPU radiator and the fans speed was a 20%. Before update, Cam would speed up the fans as set…

11 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• CPU temperature is now not working with release 3.6.4 for Ryzen 7 2700x.

CPU temp is stuck at 50 degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius! It's measuring the same temp for both. Even if I switch my settings between Fahrenheit and Celsius it remains the same. Clock speed is also wrong and shows half of what it should be. Fans speeds are stuck at 80%. I'm sorry, but each upgrade is now just getting worse. Please help.

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry, what I meant was, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

• temperature ryzen 7 2700x

The temperatures displayed on cam are not true. The ryzen master software and other programs display the temperature values correctly but cam constantly detects 45 ° C.
                    CPU Ryzen 7 2700x
                    MB Aorus x470 ultra gaming
                    Kraken x52
                    Cam 3.6.6

15 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, the most recent version, (3.6.7) fixes the wrong temperature reading issue. Please update by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

• CAM resets fan and FPS display settings every single launch

Every time the CAM software launches -despite being logged in- my fans are all set to silent, and my fps display is .... broken - it works, but it will say top left, or top right, then I launch the game and it will move, and if I alt-tab in the game then it moves again .... ? It's at the point that I alt tab in and out of my game so the FPS display is where I need it, since disabling the display in the CAM software does nothing.

And setting up custom fan profiles just to have…

13 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Zbee, please update to the latest version of CAM (currently 3.7.0, which you can download here: http://camwebapp.com/download/) I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version first and then installing this one. After this update, verify that your settings were downloaded correctly. (I have 2 users for testing this and the FPS settings are correctly downloaded when I update). If the settings are wiped again, please let us know so we can get in touch with you to verify your logs.
                        Thanks.

• 3.6.1 can't change language

CAM 3.6.1 Cannot change language. Shows English no matter what other languages are applied.

Tried to restart software and reboot Win 10, still can't change it.

13 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Uninstalled CAM and it deleted all other software and games in the same folder. Your software is bad.

Everything installed in the same folder is gone, how does that even happen? Whoever coded this does not know what they are doing.

I uninstalled to try and get it to see my Kraken x60 and it does this. God. job.

4 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please allow me to clear something up. Are you saying that you uninstalled CAM and it deleted other programs that were installed in the Program Files (x86) folder? Or did you have some games installed within the CAM folder and it deleted those games?

• Can is useless now

YTou ball need to go back to flippin' burgers at Mc Donalds....you suck where it comes to software. Every time there is an update you screw up this software

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I understand your frustration, and am very sorry that you are experiencing this. Please send me a screenshot of what you mention, and the logs. If possible, upload them to a file sharing software and paste the link in a comment here. We are working out every issue that is reported as fast as we can.
                              3.6.4 addressed the following issues:
                              -GPU overclocking settings will now save correctly
                              -Fixed CAM not auto-starting minimized
                              -Fixed Hue+ audio mode with a single channel
                              -Fixed toggle buttons for lighting channels
                              -Reduced CPU usage when using audio mode
                              -Gridplus settings will now save correctly

• "Settings upload failed" - CAM This happens every few seconds. In a single minute I've gotten 6 notificaitons. Please help.

The settings seem to have worked just fine, my Kraken's lights are doing EXACTLY what it said they would...but I'm up to 10 notifications since starting to type this plea for help. Please, help!

9 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • All fans simultaneously stopped working. Smart device is blanked out in cooling menu. WTF?

Last night all of my fans stopped spinning at the same time, now my smart device is blanked out and isn't controlling the fans. No cables seem to be loose, have also tried taking the usb cables out and back in, tried taking power cable out of psu too. This is ridiculous, any ideas that will actually help?

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • CAM doesn't remember screen Position after latest Updates

After the two newest Updates, CAM doesn't remember its old screen Position anymore :/

8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, thanks for the input. We are aware of this issue but it is not in our list of priorities to take care of yet. We hope to fix it in a future update, but there is no ETA right now. Sorry.

• Hue+ saved light settings vanished after update. not the first time.

This is not the first time this happened. Same thing happened before when i updated to V 3.5.0. Today i updated to V 3.6.0 and I lost my saved light profiles. The last time I post here I didn't get any respond, no comments, no help and the post was closed with no progress. Do something, the software is already sucking too much and the customer service is goddamn worse.

10 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Wrong temperature shown

Cam cpu temperature freezes.
                                      Ryzen 1700X.
                                      *** shows an idle temp of 44°C which is correct.
                                      Once I run Prime95 and all cores go to 100% load, HwInfo shows 77°******* shows 46°C and the temperature is frozen at this value, until I close Prime. Then it instantly goes back to 44°C even though HwInfo still reports 60°C (which is slowly cooling down).

I can't use the CPU Fan curves at all because the cpu temperatures are wrong.

It nearly triggered a emergency shutdown, because the fans only go to higher speeds when temperature is over 70°C which according to ***…

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reporting this. We are implementing a fix for the incorrect reading of temperatures in the next update (3.6.7) sorry for the inconveniences.

• Settings wiped AGAIN

I thought my wiped setting was going to be solved. I got the system to stop wiping my settings, or so I had thought. Had my headphones on and playing an intensive game and then take my headphones off and hear my fans being whisper quiet. MY SETTINGS HAD BEEN WIPED AND MY SYSTEM WAS HOT AS HELL AGAIN BECAUSE IT SET EVERYTHING TO SILENT. Also why can I no longer see the temp speed of my Kraken? I can set the fans by liquid but cant see the liquid temp? why?

At this rate, I am just going to…

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, if this happens again, please let us know which version of CAM you are using and what your PC specs are so we can verify what caused the settings wipe. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

• CAM 3.6.8 still does not fix dual screen issue

I have use 2 screens in my computer setup. Earlier versions of the CAM software would allow me to place the CAM window in my second screen and upon restarting still keep the CAM window on the second screen. Over the last few builds of the software it now opens on my main screen rather than my secondary. Please advise.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, thanks for the input. We are aware of this issue but it is not in our list of priorities to take care of yet. We hope to fix it in a future update, but there is no ETA right now. Sorry.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base