CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Using two X42 (CPU and GPU) is like playing the lottery.

I have to restart my PC several times to get both Kraken detected, and, because there is no way to rename them it's impossible to know which is the one working.

Using the latest update (3.6.5), tried reinstalled drivers, switching USB headers, praying to the Virgin Mary, nothing works, I'm getting tired guys.

We need this software to be rock solid, we need answers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry to hear that Jaime, could you please send us your program logs so we can verify if any issues were logged?
    Thanks.

2. v3.5.90 stopping me typing

if i try and type in a web address or any form of typing the whole system becomes unresponsive, taken of cam and system is working fine again, a big show stopper

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

3. Lighting not working through cam

All of my fans and Krakens light up through CAM, but some lighting modes will only work on three out of six fans and others will work across all of them, also the LED strips attached to the smart device dont seem to be showing up at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, some light profiles can only work on some peripherals and not on others. Also, if you have multiple peripherals selected at the same time, the program will show you only the lighting profiles that can be activated for all the selected peripherals at the same time. Are all your fans the same model and version? Also, please update to 3.6.6, which includes many fixes to hardware detection and lighting. Thanks.

4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please provide us with the logs found in the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

You can upload them to pastebin or any other file sharing program and link them here.

5. I don't even know where to start.

Literally one week removed from the worst update to CAM yet, NZXT is back at it again WITH THE SAME DAMN ISSUES.

How in tf can you literally have an update one week ago where you got straight destroyed on your forums, to basically launching the same update one week later with a different version # attached to it.

I ONCE AGAIN can't change my lighting on my X41, and not only can I not change the lighting, THE DAMN OPTION TO DO SO IS JUST STRAIGHT UP MISSING FROM THE SOFTWARE AGAIN.

I've given the NZXT CAM Software team…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, please let us know if you are experiencing those problems with 3.6.4 or with a previous version? The last update addressed the following issues:
    -GPU overclocking settings will now save correctly
    -Fixed CAM not auto-starting minimized
    -Fixed Hue+ audio mode with a single channel
    -Fixed toggle buttons for lighting channels
    -Reduced CPU usage when using audio mode
    -Gridplus settings will now save correctly

6. WTF

Cam 3.6.4 with Kraken x62 here ! Icon for lightning and monitoring fan are gone !!!!

WTF with you guys ?!?!

I can't do NOTHING, Kraken led is white and can't change it, same for the speed fan, the menu are gone....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello sir, please follow these instructions to see if your computer is currently not detecting the Kraken.

If you are using a Kraken device and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.
    If you do not see any…

7. Latest CAM software no longer starts minimized

This feature use to work. When I updated to 3.6.2. The feature is broken. CAM no longer starts up minimized even when the option is checked on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3.6.3 audio light work only kraken but hue+ didn't work

3.6.3 audio light work only kraken but hue+ didn't work [aer fan & led strip] I'm verry happy in old version . but now I'm disappointed. so bad too setting a light look difficult for me. I love nzxt hardware . I hope you fix a perfect new cam version soon. Keep going, I’ll cheer you up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

9. I can't log in with 3.6.3 version.

My old account can't log in, the same is true for registering a new account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

10. logo lights not working properly with smart settings

My system was working fine (not sure what version I was using) till last week when I updated to 3.6.0 where now the smart setting for CPU temperature dont work properly anymore. Now my logo just alternately flashes between 2 colours which dont represent the CPU temperature.
    I have updated to 3.6.3 and still have the same problem.
    Also, my fan profiles dont save whenever I turn my system off

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why your settings are not being saved correctly.

11. I've downloaded 3.6, 3.6.1, 3.6.2, and 3.6.3 all within a week. And it's still broken.

So, I uninstalled and reinstalled for all 4 of these "updates." I only realized there was an update because the lighting wasn't working right on my X62. New install, gotta log in again, gotta go through the tutorial again (do like that it says "Okay, I get it!" because it knows we're all annoyed), gotta go through and adjust settings again, gotta adjust to the new UI, aaaaaaaand… time for another update.

I got 3.6.3 installed just now, and, lo and behold, the lighting function isn't even there. So not only is my Kraken NOT doing what I had set…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

12. Incorrect CPU usage

CPU usage is showing as high as 90% in the CAM software. Task manager shows 8%. I have the newest updates installed and temps are at 30C. I have had my pc running for 45 minutes, if my CPU was at this load temps would definitely be higher

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

13. Stop the stupid GPU over 80 degrees notification by default. Why do I have to disable it myself after every single update

Stop the stupid GPU over 80 degrees notification by default. Why do I have to disable it myself after every single damned update (and log me out to make matters worse)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cam 3.6.2 still wont save settings

As title says. 3.6.0 + broke CAM even more.

My CAM log
    https://nofile.io/f/pVJwugSe7PD/CAM.log

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Guest Mode in 3.6.2 does not keep fan/rgb settings after reboot.

It used to work just fine until 3.5.9. Got broken in 3.6 and you promised to fix it in 3.6.2 but it only works when you sign in. In guest mode settings are not saved. I've tried on another PC and same problem.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.2, and guest mode doesn't work

I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.2, and guest mode doesn't work

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

17. GTX 980ti overclock not working well in current version of cam

I just installed the latest version of cam a couple of days ago and now I can't control my fans in the over-clocked settings.

I am using a GTX 980ti and now it is running really hot no matter what I try setting the fan speeds to.

I'd also like to mention that the overclock settings for the fan speeds graph does not save anymore for some reason. Is there/ will there be a fix for this soon?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

18. Update 3.66

No FPS on any games. No Cam startup when system starts. No Kraken info on dashboard or mini Cam. Other than that everything is as in bad as normal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please update to 3.7.0, The startup when system starts was fixed in that version. If you still can’t see your Kraken info, then let me know.

19. CAM 3.6.8 wont let me change nor save custom settings.

CAM 3.6.8 wont let me change nor save custom settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Cam 3.6 and 3.6.1 wont save any settings

As title says,Cam 3.6 and 3.6.1 wont save any settings. I tried clear install, admin rights, some combatibily setting but nope. Cam regrets to save any setting. It always starts up on default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why your settings are not being saved correctly.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base