E850 Watts Power Supply isn't detected
I have the latest version of cam (3.7.4) but the software desn't detect the NZXT E850 power supply.. I tried the "Detect devices" button, but that doesn't make anythink... I bought this power supply specifically for this feature.. if someone can help me :c
Hello, I've got the same problem.
- OS: Windows 10 Enterprise N
- CAM: 3.7.5
- MB: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII WI-FI (X470)
- PSU: NZXT E850
- AIO: NZXT KRAKEN X62
- USB HUB: NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1
- CASE: NZXT S340 ELITE
Because of MB has 2 internal USB 2.0 connectors i had to install usb hub.
1. I connected kraken and s340 fron pannel usb to hub and hub to MB and the psu to MB. The psu is not detected, everything else works perfectly.
2. I switched connection on MB (PSU connected to USB connector where HUB was previously plugged in). Same result.
3. I connected all three devices directly to hub. No PSU icon in CAM, no device in system, same result.
This may suggest problem with USB cable.
4. I connected PSU to MB directly, unplugged the HUB and took kraken USB cable to connect PSU to MB. This caused that in Device manager unrecognized usb device showed up. I reinstalled CAM and it didn't help.
Basically I've done everything what was told in this post having in mind the PSU device.
The best scenario is that I have an info in Device Manager about unrecognized usb device. I have no "lightning deck" icon in my CAM software.
The USB cable which came with PSU is probably faulty but switching it to kraken usb cable or another mini usb cable and connecting it to USB on the back of the case didn't help.
Are there any drivers to e850 psu? Seems to this is the issue right now. Can there be any conflict between devices (i think I ruled it out by connecting only one device-PSU to MB) or between software? Maybe the PSU is faulty or at least the USB secion on it?
Could You please help to solve this issue?
Thank You for response ;-)