Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

New install of CAM 3.7.4 stuck at authenticating

just downloaded newest version of cam available after previous one kept freezing. now i cannot even get logged in. every time i enter my login it just sits at authenticating endlessly. i have tried reinstalling 4 times. you guys and your shit software are going to fry my cpu!!!

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dennis van der Stelt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same issue. Just bought HUE 2 strips and suddenly CAM isn't working anymore. Also, why is this crap software showing my CPU temp and others? I don't care! I just need it to do lightning.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this Kraken x62 sitting here for about a year and avoided installing it because I didn't want to deal with CAM.

Then the CPU cooler on my new build started malfunctioning and I went, hey, what the hell. And I may as well reconnect the fan controller on this H700i case, too.

And everything worked until I rebooted. Now it's stuck at "Authenticating".

Uninstall, reinstall, uninstall with extreme prejudice, reinstall... nothing.

I just talked with support and they'll "get back to me".

I don't even know where this thing is getting my username from. It clearly is because when I reinstall, it says that the user already exists! I nuked every file on my system and registry with "CAM" or "NZXT" in the name.

I love your products, NZXT, and have been using them for over a decade. CAM is why I will never use them again, nor recommend them, nor use them in builds I do for other people.

Controlling my *fans* and AIO should not require an internet connection. Ever.

• Kennman5000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have been having this issue for over a month when i finished my build. it installed the first time and worked fine. then i put in corsair rbg fans and a controller completely seperate. not cam wont log in. ive reinstalled about 15 times, deleted registries, everything. its either stuck at "authenticating" or it will let me choose a log in and then just sit at 0% for hours.
    i just want to change my case lights, and im starting to get mad ...

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's now April and this issue hasn't even been addressed?! I'm having the same problem. It was problematic/buggy before. Now it just plain doesn't work. I want my money back and honestly, at this point, I'm so disheartened that I'm going to avoid buying any NZXT products in the future.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same pc runs so hot my case fans are off and connected to smart device come on nzxt sht software make offline mode

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base