Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

hey started up this morning and its not detecting nzxt kraken x62, with CAM 3.7.4. i have no control over pump speed and Fan map.

hey started up this morning and its not detecting nzxt kraken x62, with CAM 3.7.4. i have no control over pump speed and Fan map.

82 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
aneal srikant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gauge Magadia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@valdzor Gaming, I put in a ticket and one of the remedies is to unplug the mini USB from the pump and plug it back it. I was able to control the function of the RGB and pump/fan speed again. Hope this helps.

• Gheorghe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At first its not detecting nzxt kraken x62
    When solved.
    The pump & fans does not run faster on heavy load.
    What's going on...

• Valdzor Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, brand new X62, worked perfectly fine the first two days, now it's no more detected, I have no control over RGB, nothing !

Looks like I've made a mistake by buying it...A shame, as it's a nice product othewise.

At least it's still in warranty :)

• WindBaby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The same problem on x62 and x52 (1 on cpu, 1 on gpu).
    Regular problems with drivers, i have to reinstall drivers in Device Manager constantly.
    CAM 3.7.5, Win 7 x64.

• Digital Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been in the computing business for 24 years and I have seen some pretty c***** software but this "CAM Software" has to sit in the top 10. At LEAST 50% of the time the software refuses to load my profile and I have to mess around with it for 5-10 minutes to get it to work. If I didn't need it for temp control or could find something else that worked it would be uninstalled in seconds. WOW!

• djheromaster123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unplugging the USB header from your mobo and then selecting "Detect Devices" in CAM solves this. I'm so sick and tired of this happening though. I woke up this morning, fired up a game and noticed that my temps were steadily rising! Come to find out, my goddamn AIO's fans were idle! I'm sure my system would've shut itself off to prevent damage but my GPU could've taken a serious hit.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage to fix without restart, just find pump driver in device Manager (HID interface, that with yellow exlamation mark), unistall device and refresh window. Then detect in CAM

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm fairly certain this has something to do with one of the Windows updates that were released during December. I just installed KB4471329, KB4483232, KB4023057, and some updates for MS Defender, and after restarting, CAM now only shows stats for RAM and storage on the main screen. Both CAM.Desktop.exe and CAM.exe are running elevated.

Hopefully they're able to fix this sometime soon.

• Frobo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did find a fix for the problem, and I think it's a driver issue. If you disable the asetek pump driver in Device Manager and restart, then enable it again and go to the device driver tab in CAM and hit detect, the device shows up again.
    Unfortunately this is a temporary fix, as when I shut down, the problem occurs again. This is, however, a reliable fix. Every time I start up, I go through this process and then it's fixed until I turn the computer off.

• Anthony Berry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either win 1809 update or new CAM. I was on 3.6.3 and my x62 still was not working. Updated CAM to 3.7.4 and it did not fix the issue

• Frobo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue but with an x61. It remembers my lighting setting, but it doesn't even show up in device detection...?

• Flinnt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Kraken x62 disappeared on the update as well. It tried to update firmware and now Cam says firmware version 0.0
    I'm still in warranty period in my country and can demand refund if it doesn't function as claimed. Is this going to be fixed, or should I be sending it back now?

• Kieran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here. CAM was so much better a few updates ago. The UI was easier to use. It looked nicer too. Bring back the old CAM (it actually worked) current version is trash

• Carmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the exact same problem with the Kraken x62 and I have a white light with the word START that also came on after the update

• Cody M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a damn shame fellas. I'm having the same problem with my Kraken X62 not showing up since the new and HIGHLY IMPROVED CAM 3.7.4 update. You have to love the fact that they have completely given up on letting you know what the update actually fixed when all it says in the description is (Numerous Bug Fixes). I forked out a lot of money for my numerous NZXT products. S340 Elite, 120 AER RGB Fan, 140 AER RGB Fan, Kraken X62, Hue+, Grid V2. The only thing that is worth anything is the case. It has been over 3 years and the same complete garbage CAM software. When I saw they came out with a motherboard I laughed my ass off knowing it would be a complete failure. It was fun to read the reviews. Hears the deal NZXT get your head out of your ass and take care of the countless issues with CAM. Start over. I have talked 30+ people out of buying any of your products due to MY first hand experience. Or do what we all know you're going to do and keep shoving that crap software down the line.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

latest update no control over pump speed and fan speed radiator... please fix

• Albin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got the same problem since the latest release. Worked great on previous version...

← Previous 1

CAM Bugs: Hardware

Feedback and Knowledge Base