Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Cam used to see my Kraken X60 but now for some reason it has decided that it will not see it anymore?

Cam used to see my Kraken X60 but now for some reason it has decided that it will not see it anymore? Why can't I just download the old Kraken software, it was slow to respond when changing fan speed but at least it worked.

Also I am already on version 3.7.0

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hi, here are the troubleshooting steps to try and get CAM to view your Kraken device please follow them and let me know if this works.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.
    If you do not see any these devices then that means that the Kraken is not making a connection to your motherboard as Windows does not detect the driver. You may want to contact Microsoft and see if they have any input as to why your USB device is not recognized in Windows.
    Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard.
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.
    Try turning off your PC and turn off your PSU for 10 seconds, then turn your PSU and PC back on and check CAM again

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PART I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH KRAKEN X52 AFTER CHANGING THE MAIN BOARD WITH CROSSHAIR V formula Z on the crosshair VI extreme, the program Cam does not see Kraken and I can not change RGB backlight and pump and fan settings, there is no tab in the CAN program, the motherboard is only 1 port of Usb 2.0, but it works correctly because I checked with an extra USB port, can you help me to make it work properly, maybe ASUS AURA blocks something?

• Joel Moocarme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you this method worked well. Why do we need to troubleshoot our hardware all the time, its a bit frustrating.
        Can you please just make the software open with our credentials already signed in, it silly to have two separate interfaces (sign-in & CAM) for software like this.

CAM Bugs: Hardware

Feedback and Knowledge Base