Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

an error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm getting the same error when trying to login it says "An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server, it all started when I updated to 3.6.6.

42 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dominic shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hi, sorry for the late response to this issue. Is this happening after Automatic Startup following Windows Start or while opening CAM after Windows has loaded? Also, when this issue occurs, please try closing CAM from the notification area, and then opening again. Let us know if this helps. We are doing further investigation into this issue at the time.

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here aswell. Regradless if its started with windows or if i manually start the program.

Same issue here except CAM won't launch at all unless I put my computer in sleep mode and start it up again from sleep mode. Then I get this error

• Long Pham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This CAM software is broken again. Please fix NZXT... its really annoying that my settings wont load unless we login, but the login is broken.

• Malik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem. Best bet here is to not update things were working perfectly fine for me then I updated. Why does there have to be an update that breaks things why?

• Rasmus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just downloaded 3.7.2 today and can confirm that I am still receiving the error regardless of which login type I choose..

• Henk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Re-downloaded CAM today. Still the same error: "An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server"

I can acces the guest mode, but that's not really how it's supposed to work, now is it?

Previous comments mention Ip adress and a windows service as a possible fix.
        None of those work in this case. (Service is running and IP is 192.168.0.xxx)

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah got tired of it constantly error-ing. Installed version of 3.1.2 to see if that worked and yep first try so just not updating it for awhile have a break from CAM breaking on me for awhile

• Ricky Tang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i just downloaded this program yesterday and it worked fine and until i turned on my laptop it has this issue

• Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I solved this problem. If you use internal IP. It is must 192.168.0.xxx.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue after the last 2 updates. I tried reinstalling cam without any success. It happens both when cam is starting at windows startup and when i start it manually. The error comes up while trying to login with my account and when i try to start in guest mode.

• Dominic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found the fix a while back by re tracing my steps. Go to Services> Windows Management Instrumentation> Right Click> Start. That must be running to login via anything, Its kinda annoying because when its running it seems to use a lot of CPU percentage.

Same issue here, i can enter Guest Mode, but cant login. gives me the same error.

← Previous 1

CAM Bugs: Crashing

Feedback and Knowledge Base