Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Lighting broken on latest update 3.6.0

Latest version of CAM (3.6.0) does not detect the lighting on my Kraken. Both my Kraken and Grid firmware say V0 when going to Gear Icon > About Cam > Component Firmware Version

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lewis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jimmyzjah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lewis I resolve the problem by singing up with a new account on NZXT. I had the same problems the issue is that when you log in it sync with your previous account and it breaks the app. Try to enter in guest mode and see if all works again. If this works just create a new account on NZXT and login with the new account on the CAM App.. hope this works for you as it did to me. Cheers!!!!

P.S. You must uninstall and install again.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup now I have the default blue light. I can't even turn off the stupid light that stays on even when powered off now! This is the last NZXT product I ever buy; CAM is the worst!

ye same and ive tried all fixes from previous times this has happened and all its saying is oh must be a hardware issue now with the usb. Well it was working perfectly fine before i updated it so im not spending £100 on a new piece of equipment when they were the ones that broke it.

• Scotland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Here, MY Kraken x61 is now default blue and there is NO place to change it. And there is no place to see its stats anymore. At least I can still adjust the pump and fan settings so I wont overheat my processor, but its so glaringly the wrong color its driving me nuts.

Same. Honestly at this point I'm not even surprised anymore. Everytime they update CAM they have about 10 more issues than before the update. This one's a doozy though.

same as on mine all the fan lights went off!! WTF NZXT!!!!???? The funny thing lights go on untill your program starts!!

CAM Bugs: Hardware

Feedback and Knowledge Base