Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Cam 3.6.0 save no setting

Germany:
Hallo habe das update von cam 3.6.0 heute drauf gemacht und sofort bemerkt das es keine einstellungen speichert.
spätestens nachdem man den Pc neu gestartet hat sind alle einstellungen verschwunden.
bitte sofort beheben !!!
Neuinstalation hat auch nicht geholfen.

Englisch:
Hello have the update of cam 3.6.0 today on it and immediately noticed that it does not save settings.
at the latest after restarting the PC, all settings have disappeared.
please fix it immediately !!!
Reinstallation did not help either.

132 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Raven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6.

Please uninstall the previous version and do a fresh install of 3.6.6.

We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ROMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Version 3.6.6.
        Also, I'm asking you very much, do separate channel management, no matter which presets are installed. For example, to have the opportunity on the LED strips to set the music-bass mode, but at the same time on the fans, so that there is statics. In a word, give the possibility of a separate configuration of channels, so that the music mode on one channel, on the other, any other, please.

DPC Latancy is growing very much, over 4000, it's problematic to play network action games with such a delay!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OCLdmYFTqk&t=23s)
        Please make optional backlight illumination and enable / disable reading of diagnostic data, speed of coolers, temperatures, etc.

Well, purely my IMHO, absolutely all the presets in the Music section are completely useless, except for the BASS mode.

• johnyb0y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aaaaand spoke to soon again: After about 3 reboots, settings lost again. I will wait for 3.6.6 then.

• Annoyed Customer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Issue: GRID+ settings not saving correctly
        Description:
        Affects: All users
        Update: Fixed
        Hotfix: CAM v3.6.4

bwahahaahaahahaahahahahaahahahaahahaahahah

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

still works crooked on the Kraken x62 still pulls the screws, their speed jumps...and the binding goes to the gpu, there is no separation between the cpu and gpu. I do not advise to put.....

CAM 3.6.4. The checkboxes of channel 1 and channel 2 are not saved.
        DPC Latancy is growing very much, it's problematic to play network action games with such a delay over 4000!
        Please make optional backlight illumination and enable / disable reading of diagnostic data, speed of coolers, temperatures, etc.

For the quick launch of CAM, thanks a lot.

https://youtu.be/Bgy5HWbjUjs

• johnyb0y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As i said in my own thread: I completely removed 3.6.0, restarted, reinstalled 3.6.3.
        It still looses fan configuration on every restart.
        3.6.3 doesnt fix this.

• Raven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Germany:
        einstellungen lassen sich bei mir mit 3.6.3 speichern aber einige bugs gibt es immernoch.
        fan speed zeigt keine korekten werte an, erst nachdem man den speed kurz auf 100% macht zeigt er richtig an.
        sprache lässt sich nicht ändern und die auswahl hängt nur bei englisch fest. andere sprachen lassen sich garnicht erst anklicken.
        minimierter start des programmes erfolgt nicht mit systemstart vom pc.

Englisch:
        Settings can be saved with 3.6.3 but some bugs are still there.
        fan speed shows no correct values, only after one makes the speed short on 100% he indicates correctly.
        Language can not be changed and the selection only depends on English. other languages can not be clicked first.
        minimized start of the program does not take place with system start of pc.

• Neobum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hallo. Hab genau das gleiche Problem. dazu ist mir aufgefallen das die Lüfter nicht weniger als 40% drehen, egal was man einstellt die drehen immer 40% oder mehr.

Windows 10 LTSB 2016 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.180625-1741), CAM 3.6.1-3.6.3 does not start in the graphical shell, only two processes hang in the task manager. There is no graphical shell !!! What just did not !!! Horror how much you have problems with the software!
        Only two processes CAM in the dispatcher hang and all. The graphical shell does not run through any "exe".
        3.5.9 version it's work.
        The icon on the control panel does not appear.

https://youtu.be/mmguxy9wmug

• SaiBork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Posted as separate topic as well, but as this one has most votes I thought I'd post it in here as well. This still works for 3.6.3 which is supposed to fix the saving issue, but doesn't.

I found a way to sort out the saving issue. It looks like when you start the software it does a reset of the settings. When applying settings it updates the settings file, but when you close and open the application it resets the config instead of just reading the existing config.

So follow the below and it will be slightly less annoying.

- Open CAM
        - Apply settings
        - Close and exit CAM
        - Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM
        - Find CAMSettings.sqlite
        - Right-click the file and go to properties
        - Tick the box for read-only
        - Click on OK (or Apply and then OK if that is your thing)
        - Accept security (UAC) warning
        - Now start CAM

For some reason the minimize on start wont work, but at least it will save the actual settings and your fan profiles.

• Partymaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So with 3.6.2 it gives you the opportunity to load your old Settings from the previous Version. But this only works with an NZXT Account. If you do the config with a guest user it doesnt get saved localy.

← Previous 1

CAM Bugs: Crashing

Feedback and Knowledge Base